Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2023, 01:22   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

The MAP sensor could have well caused these problem. Not sure why the spark plugs and coil were changed. Very simple to test them.

I am also very surprised to hear how the authorised dealer dealt with this problem. If I have said it thousand times on this forum, I will say it a zillion times:

Run away from mechanics that assume stuff and begin swapping out parts. No matter what car, as long as it has an OBD connection, always and I mean always scan it for error codes first before you do anything else! You don’t even open the bonnet, because the OBD connector is underneath the dashboard, near the driver position.

Swapping parts is always a last resort. You can test spark plugs, throttle bodies, fuel pumps, ignition coils. If there is anything amiss in almost all cases you will get a code and each of these components can be checked individually by every half competent mechanic and a multimeter (and a pressure gauge for the fuel,pump).

Glad to see all has been sorted.
Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:20   #617

Christmas gift for my wife - A custom paint job for her Celerio

Just prior to Christmas 2023, my wife's 2017 Celerio had gone in for a small touch-up when I chanced upon photographs of Suzuki's Celerio Classic exhibited at an overseas car show.

Drawing inspiration from those photographs I discussed this with my painters and with some good suggestions from them, we decided on the scheme you see here.

Our car was originally finished in Glistening Grey. Customization was done with Maruti's Passion Red.

Inside, the centre console too has a touch of customization - a Japanese water colour with the Suzuki Logo emblazoned over the sun.

On its return home, the car looked wonderful, but the stock wheel caps appeared a bit ordinary. Hunting on Amazon, I sourced Prigan wheel caps in black & red to go with the custom paint job. Prigan's representative was most helpful in giving me actual photos of their products before I could finalize. The wheel caps arrived on Christmas Day - a grand culmination of my customization efforts.

My sincere thanks to M/s. Urs Kar Service Centre, Mysore, who have supported my painting, polishing and car care needs across all my brands of cars for decades now.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004070.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004132.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004146.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004163.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004180.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004219.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703566004304.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1703745909411.jpg  

neiltopaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 17:26   #618

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hey, I need help with changing the glove box lock of my 2018 Celerio X? This is my first post here, not sure where to ask for help for the same.

The lock is broken and the glove box, as of now, is attached via a screw. I want to repair the lock only, but cant seem to figure out how to open the glove box lock mechanism, cause it is sealed from the back, with no access to screws.

Regards!

Most Viewed