Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/151680-maruti-celerio-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhawik (Post 3523148)
I bought a Celerio ZXi a month back. It has keyless entry but strangely there are no beeps that accompany the locking and unlocking the car.The keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors for me, but I have a tough time tracking the car in a parking lot when there is no beep when I unlock. I am sure that there is no siren as I got it checked during my first service.
Can I only install a speaker so that it beeps along with the flashing of the indicator lights? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Probably the lock/unlock chirps are disabled in your celerio. Check the security system section in your owners manual and it will have the combination mentioned in it to enable/disable the chirps.

I have it disabled in my Swift i don't like the chirps, Indicators flash though.

PS: Even if the chirps are disabled for lock/unlock mode the car will sound the alarm in a theft attempt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhawik (Post 3523148)
I bought a Celerio ZXi a month back. It has keyless entry but strangely there are no beeps that accompany the locking and unlocking the car.The keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors for me, but I have a tough time tracking the car in a parking lot when there is no beep when I unlock. I am sure that there is no siren as I got it checked during my first service.
Can I only install a speaker so that it beeps along with the flashing of the indicator lights? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Hi,

I too have a Celerio Zxi and went through the same dilemma as you, when realized that the remote key operation doesn't result any beeps/chirps. Only the indicator signal lamps (2 rear indicators, 2 front indicators and 2 on the ORVMs) blink during door lock/ unlock actions.

I did check the owner's manual and realized that the related configuration is done using the two 'selector switches' on the speedo/ odometer console. When checked I realized that enabling the beeps is combined with the security system in the car - the security system is fitted only with the Zxi (O) variant! There is no security system installed on Zxi variant (and hence related settings/options are not available). This also goes with the fact that there is only one key with remote lock/unlock buttons on it. The spare key is a normal key (Zxi (O) variant gets two keys with door lock/unlock buttons on them). Maruti played a miser in things like this, I guess - another example: there is no remote control for the Audio System in Zxi variant (same is available with Zxi(O) variant).

This was taken up with the SA later and he mentioned that beeps/chirps while lock/ unlock -ing can be enabled with the help of Nippon (OEM for the electronics) engineer. However, I noticed that there is no buzzer/ speaker to produce the beep in the engine bay - so, I thought a buzzer needs to be installed even if we were successful in getting it enabled (I was not comfortable with installing additional hardware on this lease car). Also, I thought the beeps are not very important/ useful for me and dropped the whole idea.

Hope the above information is useful for you. However, feel free t take it up with the SA as well as dealer and see if the beeps/ chirps can be enabled, if that is important for you.

Thanks/Sunil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil_k_u (Post 3526745)
Hi,

I too have a Celerio Zxi and went through the same dilemma as you, when realized that the remote key operation doesn't result any beeps/chirps. Only the indicator signal lamps (2 rear indicators, 2 front indicators and 2 on the ORVMs) blink during door lock/ unlock actions.

I did check the owner's manual and realized that the related configuration is done using the two 'selector switches' on the speedo/ odometer console. When checked I realized that enabling the beeps is combined with the security system in the car - the security system is fitted only with the Zxi (O) variant! There is no security system installed on Zxi variant (and hence related settings/options are not available). This also goes with the fact that there is only one key with remote lock/unlock buttons on it. The spare key is a normal key (Zxi (O) variant gets two keys with door lock/unlock buttons on them). Maruti played a miser in things like this, I guess - another example: there is no remote control for the Audio System in Zxi variant (same is available with Zxi(O) variant).

This was taken up with the SA later and he mentioned that beeps/chirps while lock/ unlock -ing can be enabled with the help of Nippon (OEM for the electronics) engineer. However, I noticed that there is no buzzer/ speaker to produce the beep in the engine bay - so, I thought a buzzer needs to be installed even if we were successful in getting it enabled (I was not comfortable with installing additional hardware on this lease car). Also, I thought the beeps are not very important/ useful for me and dropped the whole idea.

Hope the above information is useful for you. However, feel free t take it up with the SA as well as dealer and see if the beeps/ chirps can be enabled, if that is important for you.

Thanks/Sunil.

Thanks Sunil,

I had arrived on pretty much the same conclusion when I found out that the buzzer is not installed. But I DID GET a remote for the music system. Please check with the showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhawik (Post 3526877)
Thanks Sunil,

I had arrived on pretty much the same conclusion when I found out that the buzzer is not installed. But I DID GET a remote for the music system. Please check with the showroom.

I see; so, the remote is supposed to be shipped with the car. This is something I need to work on quickly then.

Thanks for that info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock18 (Post 3512231)

Issues faced:
2nd incident happened, when my brother got too eager to check my car out..
I had the key in my hand and was talking to somebody nearby and he started pressing the brake and tried moving the gear stalk.
After i turned on the ignition,I could not press the brake,It became hard. Without pressing the brake,I cannot start the car.
This happened for sometime and i did not know what i did,Suddenly the brake become normal and car started.

The brakes are power assisted, would require the engine to be on to provide assistance. With the engine off, you will be able to pump about two times with some assistance. After this, you will have to exert considerable amount of force to engage the brakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3447554)
Side by side with its predecessor, the A-Star:

Flat-sided Maruti on the left, swoopy side-contouring evident on the right:

Notice the height difference between the two:

Except the front angle, the A-star still looks better than the celerio.

Hi Experts,

My Celerio is nearing 1000km and 1st Service (Maruti Suzuki calls all 3 free services as 1st Inspection, 2nd Inspection and 3rd Inspection!). Is the general recommendation of getting the engine oil/ filter replaced (since the engine is new and there could be fine metal particles present in engine oil after the new engine running for some time, etc) still valid for modern engines?

I just had a look at the engine oil using the dip stick, and noticed the oil is as new. Is it required to get the engine oil/ filter replaced (by requesting the SA during first servie) when the Celerio Owners' manual suggests above replacements only at 10k kms

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saion666 (Post 3531495)

Except the front angle, the A-star still looks better than the celerio.

I hate the rear door windows design. Vague it looks in my opinion.

Rest is better and clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil_k_u (Post 3531507)
My Celerio is nearing 1000km and 1st Service

I just had a look at the engine oil using the dip stick, and noticed the oil is as new. Is it required to get the engine oil/ filter replaced (by requesting the SA during first servie)

Simple, go as per the owners manual. That's the Bible for any and all owners. Maruti knows the car better than their SA's, so be careful and go by the manual.

I advise you to change the oil filter if not the engine oil in this service. The metal particles will be trapped by the filter. Hence a new filter will help running-in process better and circulate the oil correctly by blocking most impurities.

For both my Ritz VDi and Swift ZDi, I did change the oil and oil filter at 1000 kms.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3531531)
I hate the rear door windows design. Vague it looks in my opinion.

Rest is better and clean.

Simple, go as per the owners manual. That's the Bible for any and all owners. Maruti knows the car better than their SA's, so be careful and go by the manual.

I advise you to change the oil filter if not the engine oil in this service. The metal particles will be trapped by the filter. Hence a new filter will help running-in process better and circulate the oil correctly by blocking most impurities.

For both my Ritz VDi and Swift ZDi, I did change the oil and oil filter at 1000 kms.

Anurag.

Many thanks Anurag for the response. Appreciate the clarification on below:

- Completely agree with the observation about the owner's manual - If I go by the owner's manual of Celerio, engine oil/ filter change change is required only at 10K kms. So, no need to change the oil at first service (1000 km) stupid: ?

- Ritz/ Swift owner's manual too do not suggest engine oil/ filter change at 1000 km. So, how was that decision reached?

Any advise by SA's are taken with a pinch of salt always. Hence, collecting as much information before visiting the MASS. Many thanks in advance for your expert comments.

Regards/Sunil

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil_k_u (Post 3531507)
Is the general recommendation of getting the engine oil/ filter replaced (since the engine is new and there could be fine metal particles present in engine oil after the new engine running for some time, etc) still valid for modern engines?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi, congratulations for the milestone and wishing you many happy miles.
My suggestion would be to go for the oil change as well as change the oil filter. It isn't going to cost a bomb(1200-1300Rs depending on the quantity it takes) and there's no problem if you do it. Its like a homeopathy medicine, it'll cure if something is wrong but wont harm you. lol:
But many places ive read that the first few kms on a new engine will give off some metal shaving and these could lead to minute scratches on cylinder walls. I did change the oil on our Jazz during the first service even though the SA said its not needed. But he too agreed that metal shavings do become suspended in oil and can cause some damage. SO just for the peace of mind, I'll say go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil_k_u (Post 3532890)

- Completely agree with the observation about the owner's manual - If I go by the owner's manual of Celerio, engine oil/ filter change change is required only at 10K kms. So, no need to change the oil at first service (1000 km) stupid: ?

- Ritz/ Swift owner's manual too do not suggest engine oil/ filter change at 1000 km. So, how was that decision reached?

I changed the oil and oil filter in my Ritz at 5K,10K,15K, 20K but the manual says 10K and 20K.

I used mineral oil till 20K after which used synthetic but in my Swift I am using synthetic from day 1.

I changed the oil and oil filter at 1000 kms on my requirement. The SA did object so I bought the oil and oil filter from spares stockist and changed it myself.

So it depends on you whether to change the oil or no. I advise you to change it though.

Anurag.

Thanks Smarth and Anurag. Got the rationale and I am going for it!!
Appreciate the expert advice :thumbs up

Friends,

I had booked Celerio VXi AMT two months back. My car will be delivered soon.

Even though AMT is my first preference, I wanted the ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Steering Mounted Controls, Driver seat height adjustment etc. But, as you know, the highest option available in AMT is only VXi which do not have any of these :Frustrati

When searched in google, I have seen some reports in net that maruti is planning to launch CELERIO AMT ZXi soon. The links for the news enclosed below.

http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/08...#axzz3DwXaO5aH

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...5000-bookings/

Dealer says, he has no information on it.

Do anybody have any information on whether maruti planing to launch AMT in the ZXi / ZXi(O) variants ? Once I take delivery of the VXi AMT, then I will have to live with it !

Please help. Time is very less for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMohanan (Post 3539014)
Even though AMT is my first preference, I wanted the ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Steering Mounted Controls, Driver seat height adjustment etc. But, as you know, the highest option available in AMT is only VXi which do not have any of these :Frustrati

When searched in google, I have seen some reports in net that maruti is planning to launch CELERIO AMT ZXi soon. The links for the news enclosed below.

Dealer says, he has no information on it.

Good to see the need for safety features in your car. Looking at the current status, I cannot say when the ZXi AMT will come. There is no strong news in the market to believe. These websites would have put that rumour just to get some footfall there.

It may be true, though my sales guy too hasn't given me a positive answer upon asking him about the Celerio ZXI AMT.

I too will be booking one may be in April/May next year.

Anurag.

I am sorry, but why has it not clicked with the buyers? One of my friend had a hard time selling his ZXI A-Star.