Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 20:53   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am sorry, but why has it not clicked with the buyers? One of my friend had a hard time selling his ZXI A-Star.
Could be the quirky shape that the A-Star had.

Surprising that the AT variant didn't sell well. Was it poor in FE figures?

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:07   #107
vdi
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

I have done the first servicing of my AMT 2 days back and now the avg in the MID shows as just under 13. Earlier it was between 14 - 16. When I took the delivery after the servicing it was 9 and slowly increased to almost 13.

Is their a reason to worry or is it just normal?
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:43   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
I have done the first servicing of my AMT 2 days back and now the avg in the MID shows as just under 13. Earlier it was between 14 - 16. When I took the delivery after the servicing it was 9 and slowly increased to almost 13.

If you don't mind can you post the bill?

We'll get an idea as to what has been done.

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:29   #109
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you don't mind can you post the bill?
Unfortunately their system was down and I would be going in tomorrow.

Will update once I collect it.

Rajesh.
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Surprising that the AT variant didn't sell well. Was it poor in FE figures?
Mainly due to space issues at the rear and the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post

I have seen them resetting the MID average during service. And since there is a lot of idling, AC usage, low gear movement inside the shop floor, the average will be less post reset. It should bounce back to the regular readings with a bit of reading on the Odo. Nothing to worry.
Old 23rd September 2014, 16:31   #111
BHPian

I'm being offered a Cave Black Vxi AMT against my initial preference of blue.

SA says it's not a pure black, but a darkish shade of green. Quick search on the net suggests that it's black only.

Has anyone seen this Cave Black in flesh? Quick reply will be appreciated!

I cannot travel to the dealer and see the car myself at present, hence posting on the forum.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 23rd September 2014 at 16:32.
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:42   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I'm being offered a Cave Black Vxi AMT against my initial preference of blue.

SA says it's not a pure black, but a darkish shade of green. Quick search on the net suggests that it's black only.

Has anyone seen this Cave Black in flesh? Quick reply will be appreciated!

I cannot travel to the dealer and see the car myself at present, hence posting on the forum.
Unless you are sure of the colour, my suggestion is to stick to your original choice. Do not depend on others to tell you how the colour actually looks, as the way you look at something would be completely different from others.
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:55   #113
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post

SA is right, its not black, but a darkish shade of green.

Go for it, it looks awesome.

Rajesh.
Old 27th September 2014, 10:17   #114
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Celerio hatchback called the VXi+. Based on the VXi variant, it features some cosmetic changes and additional accessories. Maruti claims that these changes cost Rs. 20,000, but will be available for customers at a reduced price of Rs. 13,990.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 28th September 2014, 20:38   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Celerio hatchback called the VXi+. Based on the VXi variant, it features some cosmetic changes and additional accessories. Maruti claims that these changes cost Rs. 20,000, but will be available for customers at a reduced price of Rs. 13,990.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I am expecting that Maruti will launch the Celerio AMT in the ZXi and ZXi(O) variants in this festival season in Oct 2014. In this hope, I am delaying my Celerio AMT purchase a bit
Old 28th September 2014, 21:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I am expecting that Maruti will launch the Celerio AMT in the ZXi and ZXi(O) variants in this festival season in Oct 2014. In this hope, I am delaying my Celerio AMT purchase a bit
I suggest you book a Vxi AMT now itself and upgrade the booking once the Zxi is launched. There will be a lot of demand for the Zxi, which might push the waiting period up from the current 4-5 months.
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
Hi, congratulations for the milestone and wishing you many happy miles.
My suggestion would be to go for the oil change as well as change the oil filter. It isn't going to cost a bomb(1200-1300Rs depending on the quantity it takes) and there's no problem if you do it. Its like a homeopathy medicine, it'll cure if something is wrong but wont harm you.
Did change the engine oil/ filter during first service. Not to mention that the SA initially mentioned it is not required; however he obliged when I insisted. Later he too agreed that there could be some metal shavings accumulated in the engine oil . He was very careful with his words after he noticed the T-bhp key chain

By the way, did a 800km Trichy- Bangalore round trip to after the service. I wanted to see how the car behaved on highways. Below are my observations after the trip:

- Acceleration is smooth even with AC on. Never felt the power is less, though there is no comparison with the Ritz Petrol which is very eager to sprint on highways

- I was restricting speeds at 80-90 km/hr (rpm at 2000 to 2300 range) and the average fuel consumption on the meter console showed 21.8 km/l

- The car felt planted at above speeds (did not venture in to speeds above 90 km/hr as the engine is still in run-in period) and the vehicle did not feel nervous/ shaky at this speed though it is a very light-weight car

- used the 60:40 folding of rear seat during return journey in order to make more room for luggage. Enjoyed the flexibility to load extra bags while one adult and kid was still sitting at the back seat (one of the deciding factors for choosing Celerio)

- Noticed that the window glass is sufficiently tinted and the otherwise harsh sun on the highway was never a hassle this time . I still remember the heat/ direct sunlight during the last trip on my Safari (since sun film was removed)
Old 3rd October 2014, 23:21   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Members,
Just came across this pic of Celerio and couldn't resist posting it.
The chromeless front looks so much more classic and mature. Also note the side plastic black touches. Do note the adjustable headrests as well.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1.png
Courtesy- Rushlane

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 01:20   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The chromeless front looks so much more classic and mature. Also note the side plastic black touches. Do note the adjustable headrests as well.
Looks more in the line of Etios Cross and Cross Polo. Moreover it looks it is on heels / steroids.

I hope Maruti is not trying some feast like the Etios Cross on the Celerio.

EDIT: The Swift in the background seems to be the Sport variant and if I'm not wrong it is a two-four variant. Looks fantastic though.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th October 2014 at 01:22.
Old 4th October 2014, 04:43   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hello Members,
Just came across this pic of Celerio and couldn't resist posting it.
Doesn't it look better than the current Celerio? MSL should launch this as a limited edition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks