Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 21:46   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

My Celerio Vxi AMT is finally supposed to have reached the dealer in Pondicherry. I've been insisting on them giving me the VIN number, mainly so that I know they're not bluffing me.

My SA finally today forwarded me the Engine number and Chassis number separately. Is there a way to make sure that this is a blue Celerio Vxi AMT??

I don't live in Pondicherry, where the car is to be delivered. So I definitely wanna know that my car has arrived at the dealership, so that I can do a PDI before making the payment and proceeding with registration.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Old 6th November 2014, 22:01   #137
BHPian

Euro NCAP Crash Test of Made-in Thailand Suzuki Celerio

RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 22:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Euro NCAP Crash Test of Made-in Thailand Suzuki Celerio
The car scored 3/5 stars ( 61% ) which is better than A-star ( sold in EU markets as Alto ) which scored 3/5 ( 55% ).
Its good to see that Celerio has performed more than reasonably good given the price point.

Whats a bigger concern : What would made in India car score.
Also, the made in Thailand Celerio has much, much better seats. The front seats have adjustable head rests. What we are getting in India = Pathetic seats.

Similar is story of Grand i10 also which has better seats with adjustable headrests for export versions and fixed head rest seats for India.
Feeling cheated, be it Hyundai or Suzuki or Toyota or Honda. They are not providing their real quality, VFM products in India.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 09:03   #139
BHPian

any updates about FE of the AMT version..
Old 10th November 2014, 04:41   #140
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham View Post
Completed 4300 kms in 3 months with a FE of almost 14 - 16 in the city with 90% AC. Took it to Goa in September and the FE touched 20.4 in the highways with 100% AC.

Rajesh.
Old 10th November 2014, 08:11   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
My Celerio Vxi AMT is finally supposed to have reached the dealer in Pondicherry. I've been insisting on them giving me the VIN number, mainly so that I know they're not bluffing me.

My SA finally today forwarded me the Engine number and Chassis number separately. Is there a way to make sure that this is a blue Celerio Vxi AMT??

I don't live in Pondicherry, where the car is to be delivered. So I definitely wanna know that my car has arrived at the dealership, so that I can do a PDI before making the payment and proceeding with registration.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hi,

Does your car got delivered?

If not post query to wildon in the following thread

Here is the thread

First of all ask for 21 character VIN number from your salesperson and then post your query.

You should get to know literally everything about your car
Old 17th November 2014, 14:05   #142
BHPian

Maruti is touching a new high in customer frustration.

I booked my Celerio AMT VXI+ 3 weeks back and today was the scheduled date of delivery. The registration has been done and the delivery is scheduled in the evening. I booked a VXI+ model and I got a call from Bimal Motors (Bangalore) saying this morning - "Sir, VXI+ kit is not available for last one month. Please take the car delivery without accessories. We will get the upgrade as soon as possible'. The payment was made in full (including VXI+ kit).

This is frustrating. Only when the customer follows up himself, he gets to know that the accessories are not fitted and infact out of stock. I have decided not to take the delivery till the whole accessory pack is delivered and installed. Will escalate this to the Maruti folks in Gurgaon.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 21:29   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Maruti is touching a new high in customer frustration.

I booked my Celerio AMT VXI+ 3 weeks back and today was the scheduled date of delivery. The registration has been done and the delivery is scheduled in the evening. I booked a VXI+ model and I got a call from Bimal Motors (Bangalore) saying this morning - "Sir, VXI+ kit is not available for last one month. Please take the car delivery without accessories. We will get the upgrade as soon as possible'. The payment was made in full (including VXI+ kit).

This is frustrating. Only when the customer follows up himself, he gets to know that the accessories are not fitted and infact out of stock. I have decided not to take the delivery till the whole accessory pack is delivered and installed. Will escalate this to the Maruti folks in Gurgaon.

What all accessories does this kit include? Is this dealer specific since I haven't heard of this option before.
Old 17th November 2014, 23:36   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What all accessories does this kit include? Is this dealer specific since I haven't heard of this option before.
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...on-celerio-vxi
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 13:28   #145
BHPian

My Celerio AMT has completed close to 7000kms..This is my wife's 1st car and she is really happy with it.
Mileage is close to 16kmpl (tankful method) with 100% AC, MID figures vary by 1-2kmpl.
Without AC and a steady speed of 60-70kmp,You can easily extract 22+ easily :-)
Old 24th November 2014, 15:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

Has Maruti silently killed Celerio LXi AMT by any chance?
I enquired at Bimal and i was told Maruti never sold LXi AMT .
Their quotation list also does not show LXi AMT. The website however does list one.
Looks like they want to make way for Alto AMT.
Old 25th November 2014, 09:21   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Has Maruti silently killed Celerio LXi AMT by any chance?
I was told the same thing by Sagar and Pratham but the guys in Kalyani's new showroom in Kengeri claim to still have it.
Old 27th November 2014, 08:56   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham View Post
Our Celerio done just 350 kms in last 2 months. We have completed the first free service as well.
Consistently getting FE of 14-15 KM/L with 100% AC (MID values only) in Bangalore Bumper to Bumper traffic (car shuttles between Whitefield and KR Puram). I did not get a chance to check FE by tankfull method. I will do this very shortly and update.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:36   #149
BHPian

Completed 5000 km and did the second service yesterday. Car feels excellent after wheel alignment/ balancing and engine tuning (as mentioned during service) - engine looks to be more eager to rev now.

Have been consistently getting 20+ kms per litre with 50% AC and off-peak city traffic (Mine is manual transmission model). Overall, very good for city drive and good highway manners too.
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 11:08   #150

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the rumoured tweak to Celerio's AMT to make it smoother like the Alto AMT is now done to currently sold Celerio?

Looking to buy the AMT and thought it prudent to wait for this tweak to be completed.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks