Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 19:22   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham View Post
any updates about FE of the AMT version..
My Celerio is giving me 14-15.5 in Delhi traffic. I have driven the car mainly in the city and touching 5500. AC on always.

One trip to Rajasthan did 600 KM speeds 90-110 got 19.5 with AC on.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi all i have a query.

I am planning to go to LEH this year. and due all the issues in Leh about Taxies and Self drive hires, I am planning to take my Celerio AMT.

Does any one here have a experince with this?

Last edited by desideep : 21st July 2015 at 19:29.
Old 26th July 2015, 14:22   #212

Our Zxi AMT is also giving 14-15 KMPL in Hyderabad traffic (total mileage still less than 1000 Km); mostly (99%) driven by my daughter at very moderate speeds.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th July 2015 at 13:05. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 27th July 2015, 13:04   #213
BHPian

I am looking to purchase AMT version in the Cave Black colour but the dealers in Hyderabad say that the colour is not being sold at all. Can anyone please confirm this? Should I wait or choose a different colour?
Old 27th July 2015, 19:46   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I am looking to purchase AMT version in the Cave Black colour but the dealers in Hyderabad say that the colour is not being sold at all. Can anyone please confirm this? Should I wait or choose a different colour?
IMO, they are almost right. Black colour in the Celerio is no longer being produced. No bookings in black as per them.

Sorry to say but do look at an alternative colour choice.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 20:13   #215
Senior - BHPian

There are some cars with paddle shifters. Most of them are the CVT type and some (VAG) are the DSG.
OK the CVT uses some sort of pulleys and torque convertor, the DSG has 2 clutches and some gizmos and the AMT is a conventional manual box operated by hydraulic actuators. They all have some sensors which send signals to the ECU which does some calculations and sends some signals to the respective gizmos to shift gears. That's what an automatic does and all this is totally irrelevant to this post.
Now most of the automatics (all 3 types) have a manual or tiptronic mode which allows you to shift gears manually (for whatever reason you choose). So when the lever is in D, you shift it to the left or right (down in case of the Merc) and then up (+) or down (-) to either upshift or downshift (left or right in case of the Merc). Now I'm no techie so I don't know what goes on inside but when you push the lever towards "+" it probably pushes a switch which activates something and initiates a complex procedure which causes the gear to shift from 1 to 2 and so on. Similarly when you push the lever towards "-", the same process is initiated to shift gears in the opposite direction. Now coming to the paddle shifters. They do the same thing that the + & - positions on the lever do and are probably connected to the same place that the + & - positions on the lever are.

So to retrofit paddle shifters to the Celerio is a simple 2 step process:
1. Buy a paddle shifter unit or steering unit with paddle shifters of some other car and fit it in place of the stock one.
2. Connect the wires to wherever they are supposed to be connected.

And there you have a Maruti Celerio with paddle shifters.

But there are 2 simple problems:
1. Which paddle shifter unit or steering unit with paddle shifters of which car is compatible with the Celerio.
2. Where do I connect it and how do I connect it.

DIY experts, electronics guys and general car experts please come up with a solution.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 13:40   #216
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A good friend graciously offered his Celerio Vxi AMT for our usage while he was away at his hometown. The idea was to see if my wifey would feel comfortable driving the AMT after years of driving the Maruti 800. She did drive it each day but in the end did not change her decision to go with a manual transmission car!
During this time, I also used the car for my commute to work and a few errands to nearby places. Most of the usage was in slow/bumper to bumper stop and go traffic and here are few observations, do not want to classify as Pro's/Con's:
-Very comfortable ride in the city, good view of the road and good seating position
-Arm rest on driver door panel was a perfect location for me and it was very comfortable
-Comfortable to seat 2 adults on rear bench
-Steering feels light most of the time
-Sometimes there is a shiver/judder when moving from a momentarily stopped position, especially in stop and go traffic. I'm not sure if this had to do with my driving style but I'd taken my foot off the gas pedal completely and moved it onto the brake pedal and after a couple of seconds when trying to accelerate and move, observed this behavior. At signals, I always shifted to neutral "N" and then to "D" when the light turned green. At these times, the judder wasn't there
-AC was excellent, with temperature in Bangalore this week hovering around 27-30C, the blower on "1" was enough to chill the cabin
-With AC always on & blower at "1", mileage was under 11 Kmpl (full tank to full tank method), though the MID showed 13.5 Kmpl as Average
-Seatbelt warning symbol did not work (is this a feature available with the Vxi ?). Surprising thing was I could see the grayed out symbol for the seatbelt warning on the instrument panel but it never lit up when seat belt was unlocked!
-Due to the shape of the car and the window lines, a reverse camera will do a world of good for this car and my friend had an aftermarket reverse camera fixed which was good

Last edited by NPV : 21st August 2015 at 13:44.
Old 9th September 2015, 03:48   #217
Team-BHP Support

I am in a dilemma!

I had booked Celerio Zxi AMT on July 29th and had been promised a delivery time of 4 weeks. However, come end of August, there was no news from the dealer on the availability of the car. So, I sent out a mail asking when the car will be available. I got a reply that Zxi AMT is not produced in high numbers and hence could take another 4 weeks. The dealer says Vxi AMT is readily available in stock.

Following are the key features Zxi has over Vxi.
  • Driver airbag
  • Audio system with 4 speakers and Bluetooth telephony
  • Audio controls in steering wheel
  • Tilt steering
  • Rear window wiper and washer
  • Rear window defogger

I wanted to go for Zxi mainly for the driver side airbag. But now on second thought, without ABS and passenger airbag, only driver side airbag cannot be called a great safety addition. Also, considering the use of the car only in city under speeds of 50kph, I believe seat belt would provide all the safety required.

With the 35K price difference, I could go for a good music system with rear parking camera. This music system could be better than the Zxi music system.

The main disadvantages I see with Vxi are:
1. Misses on the driver side airbag.
2. Lack of steering mounted audio and bluetooth controls could be an inconvenience. But I think one can get used to this.
3. Lack of tilt steering. Not sure how important this feature is.
4. Lack of rear wiper and defogger. For in-city driving, I am fine with the lack of these.

Given the above factors, I have the following questions.

1. Does it make sense to go for the Vxi instead of Zxi?
2. Is there any other disadvantage with Vxi compared to Zxi?
Old 9th September 2015, 07:30   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I would say wait for the ZXi. Well worth the extra. And the dealer is correct, the production for ZXi will be less and you may have to put your foot down for the ZXi.

The passenger airbag is the biggest miss. City traffic or highway, its not something that you want to miss in a car.

Apart from that too, picking ZXi is a no brainier. Notable features that you will miss for sure in the long run are:
  1. Rear wash wipe
  2. Electric adjustment for ORVMs
  3. Remote entry
  4. Stock ICE. (I hate to open up the door pads and console for aftermarket installations, they are one of the main causes for rattles.)
  5. Tilt steering
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 09:16   #219
BHPian

Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I am in a dilemma!

With the 35K price difference, I could go for a good music system with rear parking camera. This music system could be better than the Zxi music system.

High quality music system over an airbag? Airbag is a big safety assurance. I even prefer OE Music system rather than opening my brand new car for cable patching for a bit high powered one.

ZXi anytime!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th September 2015 at 10:08. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
TMRT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 20:40   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I would say wait for the ZXi. Well worth the extra. And the dealer is correct, the production for ZXi will be less and you may have to put your foot down for the ZXi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
High quality music system over an airbag? Airbag is a big safety assurance. I even prefer OE Music system rather than opening my brand new car for cable patching for a bit high powered one.

ZXi anytime!
Thanks friends for the advice. I have decided to wait for the Zxi.

It was not that I was giving importance to music system over the airbag. If they had AMT in the Zxi(O) version, I would have booked that. I wanted the car as a birthday gift for my wife which is 15th September. That gave rise to the dilemma. Now I have to find some other birthday gift
Old 16th September 2015, 11:01   #221
BHPian

Hi, I booked my ZXI AMT on 5 Sep and received a mail from the dealer (RNS Motors) on 8 Sep that your booking was confirmed and estimated delivery time was 8-10 weeks. This was a surprise as the sales executive had confirmed to me a delivery period of 45 days or less.

One strong worded reply to the mail and a phone call later, dealer says he will call me in 24 hours and give absolute clarity on delivery date.

The good news came precisely 24 hours later stating that the car will be delivered on 25 Sep itself.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:26   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
One strong worded reply to the mail and a phone call later, dealer says he will call me in 24 hours and give absolute clarity on delivery date.

The good news came precisely 24 hours later stating that the car will be delivered on 25 Sep itself.
Cheers
You are very lucky!

I had booked the car on July 29th, and still no news. I called the dealer today and he said the car may be dispatched from Aurangabad by 3rd or 4th week of September and should be available 2 weeks after dispatch. This is still a "may be". No conclusive date given yet

Maybe it is time for that strong worded email!
Old 4th October 2015, 14:58   #223
BHPian

Hi. I have taken delivery of Vxi AMT 1.5 months ago. When the car is idle there is considerable engine noise in regular intervals which calms down and again starts. I always thought petrol engines are silent when the car is idle. Is this normal? Should I get it checked?
Old 4th October 2015, 15:01   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Hi. I have taken delivery of Vxi AMT 1.5 months ago. When the car is idle there is considerable engine noise in regular intervals which calms down and again starts. I always thought petrol engines are silent when the car is idle. Is this normal? Should I get it checked?
That could be from the AC.
Old 4th October 2015, 15:03   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That could be from the AC.
You mean it could be engine noise due to the AC? Is that normal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks