Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 19:57   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Both are the same buddy. Not sure why they have listed it that way but both are the same.

If you have increased the budget then how does the Celerio ZXi AMT fare?

PS: I haven't checked the features list of the ZXi AMT variant of the Celerio. Hope you have!
Thank you Anurag. I will check the features in detail. Let me also take my wife for test drive. Possible by only 1st week of Jan.

Thanks a lot Anurag.
Old 18th December 2015, 21:49   #242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
Thank you Anurag. I will check the features in detail. Let me also take my wife for test drive. Possible by only 1st week of Jan.

Thanks a lot Anurag.
The Celerio is ZXi AMT costing approximate of 5.4L ex-showroom in your city. It gets the following as OEM fitment:
  1. HU with CD + USB + AUX + Bluetooth
  2. 4 speakers
  3. Steering Mounted controls
  4. Driver Airbag ONLY
  5. Tachometer
  6. Rear Wash/Wipe
  7. Rear Defogger

PS: This variant has NO ABS.

So IMO, this car should be good enough for your wife!

All the best buddy, hope you get a nice deal. Negotiate hard!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:13   #243
BHPian

Celerio ZXI(O) is now available for deliveries. Booked one for my wife. Preferred a 2016 registration,while the car will be invoiced this month end.

Chennai 6.09Lacs on road.

Looks like there was some downward revision in prices to keep it within the segment.The sales guys in dealership were indicating 6.5Lacs+ before they got a formal confirmation.
Kenneth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:25   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Celerio ZXI(O) is now available for deliveries. Booked one for my wife. Preferred a 2016 registration,while the car will be invoiced this month end.

Looks like there was some downward revision in prices to keep it within the segment.The sales guys in dealership were indicating 6.5Lacs+ before they got a formal confirmation.
It is a Celerion ZXI(O) AMT!
Old 24th December 2015, 15:14   #245
BHPian

Hello bhpians,

I want to provide an exciting update to all Celerio AMT owners. I searched if anyone has already provided this update on forum but could not find any post related to the topic. Forgive me if I am posting it again and request mods to delete my post if it is duplicate.

My fellow bhpian tushar_j just reported that he can put the car in neutral just like manual when going downhill. Yes, it is true and he has tried this in his Celerio on Mumbai Pune Expressway.

He informed that you have to lightly press the brake pedal and put the gear in Neutral. The car shifts into Neutral and stepping on accelerator pedal just revs the engine. Again if you want to go in D mode then lightly press the brake pedal and shift into D. The car automatically shifts into proper gear based on the speed.

Thanks tushar_j for this update. Finally we have an answer for all those manual downhill fuel saver freaks that AMT can also do this .
turbodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:13   #246
Senior - BHPian

^^Not sure why you would want to do something like this. Driving downhill with car in neutral is dangerous, and not recommended at all. Please do not get into this habit.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:48   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Hello bhpians,

I want to provide an exciting update to all Celerio AMT owners. I searched if anyone has already provided this update on forum but could not find any post related to the topic. Forgive me if I am posting it again and request mods to delete my post if it is duplicate.

My fellow bhpian tushar_j just reported that he can put the car in neutral just like manual when going downhill. Yes, it is true and he has tried this in his Celerio on Mumbai Pune Expressway.

He informed that you have to lightly press the brake pedal and put the gear in Neutral. The car shifts into Neutral and stepping on accelerator pedal just revs the engine. Again if you want to go in D mode then lightly press the brake pedal and shift into D. The car automatically shifts into proper gear based on the speed.

Thanks tushar_j for this update. Finally we have an answer for all those manual downhill fuel saver freaks that AMT can also do this .
This is called coasting - and it is not recommended. Engine braking is an important aspect of overall braking. Also on a downhill road, you may lose control as the engine gearing helps control the rate of descent (same gear going down as going up?). Also on a highway, coasting will help you, however in case of emergency maneuvers, you may end up lacking control. Like a slow moving vehicle in your lane which you need to quickly overtake.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 20:21   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Thanks tushar_j for this update. Finally we have an answer for all those manual downhill fuel saver freaks that AMT can also do this.

This update that you have put up is a perfect recipe for killing yourself and the other road users. Absolutely suicidal. Never this must be practised by anyone.

"FE Freaks" have other better ways to save fuel rather than coasting down in Neutral. When you are coasting and there is an emergency where you need instant power, basic instinct is stamping the accelerator pedal but vehicle being in 'N' it is just going to revv to glory and not be of any use.

FYI and to Mr Tushar, all modern day cars have the system of cutting off fuel when coasting in gear rather. If there is no input from the accelerator pedal the ECU does NOT send fuel to the engine BUT if the car is in Neutral and no accelerator input, some quantity is sent to keep the engine humming.

So coasting in 'N' on any road is actually wasting fuel than saving which is quiet opposite to what is being thought by Mr. Tushar!

PS: No offence to you or Mr. Tushar_j
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 21:10   #249

Quote:

@Kenneth

I just walked out of the ABT Guindy showroom after enquiring about the Celerio AGS - ZXi variant for my missus as well ... And the sales guy quoted Rs. 5.97L for the ZXi variant. He mentioned that they are not accepting bookings for the ZXi[O] variant till the official price list is published

Can you please tell us which dealer did you book your car please ? so that I can also follow the lead. The ZXi[O] at Rs. 6.09L seems like a steal

Last edited by Eddy : 27th December 2015 at 18:24. Reason: Extra Smiley
Old 27th December 2015, 10:34   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apn6 View Post
@Kenneth

I just walked out of the ABT Guindy showroom after enquiring about the Celerio AGS - ZXi variant for my missus as well ... And the sales guy quoted Rs. 5.97L for the ZXi variant. He mentioned that they are not accepting bookings for the ZXi[O] variant till the official price list is published

Can you please tell us which dealer did you book your car so that I can also follow the lead. The ZXi[O] at Rs. 6.09L seems like a steal
Hi,

Had booked the ZXI(O) AMT at 6.09lacs on road at ABT Maruti Guindy.

Infact Popular was the first to give the pricing.. Later confirmed by ABT..

Kenneth
Old 27th December 2015, 15:30   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Had booked the ZXI(O) AMT at 6.09lacs on road at ABT Maruti Guindy.

Infact Popular was the first to give the pricing.. Later confirmed by ABT..

Kenneth
When do they promise the delivery will be made ? Also which colour did you choose ?
Old 27th December 2015, 15:52   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
When do they promise the delivery will be made ? Also which colour did you choose ?

They are expecting road approval by the 7th of January. Should get it a couple of days from then.

Chose the Pearl Arctic white.
Kenneth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 00:46   #253

Thanks Kenneth

We will talk to the ABT sales guy tomorrow then and choose the ZXi(O).

Btw nice choice of colour. We are also planning to choose either the White or the Red (mostly will end up with the Pearl Arctic White) ... Missus preferred the black actually - available only in European markets and sadly not in India!

Happy motoring.
Old 28th December 2015, 11:26   #254
BHPian

Quote:
They are expecting road approval by the 7th of January. Should get it a couple of days from then.

Chose the Pearl Arctic white.
One more query. Are the chennai dealers offering any year end discount on the zxi amt variant?
Here in bangalore the consumer benefits and the exchange bonus is only for the vxi variants.
Old 28th December 2015, 12:10   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
One more query. Are the chennai dealers offering any year end discount on the zxi amt variant?
Here in bangalore the consumer benefits and the exchange bonus is only for the vxi variants.
Nope, nada, nien, nee ... That's NO from 4 different dealers here in Chennai. All of them, like you mentioned, have offers only on the VXi variant of the Celerio. The reason given by the dealer was - ZXi is selling off the rack like hot cakes i.e. whatever volumes is sent from Maruti is sold out in the dealerships within days and another reason was - ZXi AMT is relatively new [only a few months old in the market] and ZXi[O] AMT is available only from Jan 2016, hence no official offers from Maruti.

However that said, it's up to the dealers to add offers ... I've managed to convince my SA to offer reverse camera and sensor system as a freebie for my wife's ZXi[O] AMT. Hope you can negotiate something similar in Bangalore as well.
apn6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed