Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2016, 08:46   #361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Why is this even in manual if not present ?!
I am booking a Zxi (o) MT, I think the AMT version doesn't have the feature. Pls re-check with MASS, I think it can be done at extra cost. My sales executive is also confused, so please correct me if I was wrong
Old 28th August 2016, 08:59   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What the hell !!!? Whats the use of this then ?
I am more so pissed because, being an AMT, I am not able to install manual gear lock as well - and with security system missing, this is open to theft.
There are more such what the hell moments with the car Security system is present only in the Manual variant and not in Zxi O AMT. But given the nature of the transmission, stealing the car will be relatively difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
We have the ZXI(O) AMT and there's no beep from the car while locking/unlocking, it's all muted! As far as I know, the car does not come with a Security System. It just has plain jane Central Locking system!!
Yes this is correct. We only get remote keyless entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
I am booking a Zxi (o) MT, I think the AMT version doesn't have the feature. Pls re-check with MASS, I think it can be done at extra cost. My sales executive is also confused, so please correct me if I was wrong
Nope. The keyless entry system is integrated into the BCM of the car and not a separate control unit like in older marutis where there was a separate central locking controller . Hence, wiring a shock sensor and siren would be a difficult thing to do. And its better to not play around with the setup.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 09:19   #363
BHPian

Quote:
..... I am not able to install manual gear lock as well - and with security system missing, this is open to theft....
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
... Security system is present only in the Manual variant and not in Zxi O AMT. But given the nature of the transmission, stealing the car will be relatively difficult.....
So I guess Immobiliser is the only reliable system the stock AMT (O) Celerio has against theft

With gear lock and clutch lock out of question, we are left with aftermarket Security System, steering wheel lock, GPS tracker and wheel locks like the ones used by traffic police to beef up the anti-theft set-up!

Guys! Are there any other options?!
Old 28th August 2016, 09:40   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post

Guys! Are there any other options?!
Remove a wheel and keep the car on jack stands. We will see who will come prepared for that And aftermarket security systems are out of the question for this car. Dont even think of that option. It will send the BCM into a confused state. And moreover if the afternarket guys try to tamper the door switches for the central locking, the creep mode in the car wont work. Hence leave the car as it is.

Honestly I don't think the Celerio is a vulnerable car in any way. Hence simply dont waste time and tinker around for any system. If the thieves really want the car, no deterrent will work out. Any lock can be broken and any system can be disarmed. But is it worth for the thief to do so much for a 6L car? No.

On a serious note, if your parking spot is really risky, leave the car in reverse and remove the transmission module relay. Not even a Maruti technician can figure this out quickly. And yes, carry the relay home with you. After bypassing your car lock, Steering lock and immobilizer, an error from the transmission will be the most damned moment for the theif ever

Last edited by audioholic : 28th August 2016 at 09:42.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 16:09   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a serious note, if your parking spot is really risky, leave the car in reverse and remove the transmission module relay.
Is that something accessible from within the car or do I need to pop the hood for it.

I got my wife's Celerio ZXi (O) AMT yesterday, silver color. Having lost my Swift to car thieves last month I wouldn't putting some extra effort if it renders the car useless for a thief.

Few other things where I need you guys' input -
1) Floor mats - I didn't like the MGA ones but need a good set, if I can order it online nothing like it
2) Fog lamps - They just improve the look of the car, should I simply get it done from the roadside mechanic (after buying MGP ones) or is there something to look out for specifically during installation?
3) Scuff plates - I didn't get them at the dealer, does the MGP store keep scuff plates as well?

So far I only got mud flaps and side beading installed.
Old 29th August 2016, 16:16   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Is that something accessible from within the car or do I need to pop the hood for it.
Its located in the engine bay fuse box. Pulling the fuse might reset the transmission software everytime but pulling the relay should keep the transmission powered but the pump will be disabled. This will prevent more than one or two shifts and handicap the transmission. Due to loss of hydraulic pressure, the TCM will throw an error and not shift any further nor let crank the car

Quote:
Few other things where I need you guys' input -
1) Floor mats - I didn't like the MGA ones but need a good set, if I can order it online nothing like it
2) Fog lamps - They just improve the look of the car, should I simply get it done from the roadside mechanic (after buying MGP ones) or is there something to look out for specifically during installation?
3) Scuff plates - I didn't get them at the dealer, does the MGP store keep scuff plates as well?

1. MGA floor mats are the worst of the lot. They look cheap, fit horribly and are too thin to last. Not sure which nutcase approved them as 'Genuine' accessory. I went with noodle mats and cut them to fit.

2. MGA ones are the best in this case and you get everything from the switch to the harness and the bulbs which can be installed in a clean manner. No jugaad or dirty work here.

3. I got the ones from MGA itself since I did not want to get the aftermarket ones with the LED.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:02   #367
BHPian

Hi, please can any one confirm the OEM lumen/watt of the Celerio Headlamps.
I want to make sure they are bright enough else will upgrade at the time of taking delivery. Couldn't find the info on Maruti website.

I may not get the opportunity to have a live demo before taking the delivery
Old 5th September 2016, 22:08   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, please can any one confirm the OEM lumen/watt of the Celerio Headlamps.
I want to make sure they are bright enough else will upgrade at the time of taking delivery. Couldn't find the info on Maruti website.

I may not get the opportunity to have a live demo before taking the delivery
As per CMVR standard, the headlights are 60/55W as in all vehicles. However, I found them quite good, due to the shape of the reflector barrel. Though I am always a stonker for 100/90W in all my cars, I dont find a reason to upgrade in the Celerio as of now.

The differentiating factor will be the bulbs. If you get brands like Phillips, Osram as OE, then it is pretty good. However, if you get stuff like Halonix, Jagan, they are as good as crap and you will find the lights short of need.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:15   #369
BHPian

Quote:
As per CMVR standard, the headlights are 60/55W as in all vehicles. However, I found them quite good, due to the shape of the reflector barrel. Though I am always a stonker for 100/90W in all my cars, I dont find a reason to upgrade in the Celerio as of now.

The differentiating factor will be the bulbs. If you get brands like Phillips, Osram as OE, then it is pretty good. However, if you get stuff like Halonix, Jagan, they are as good as crap and you will find the lights short of need.
That was super quick I am using 100/90W currently too
Does Maruti fit different bulbs for different batches of the same car? Sorry I was confused there.

In my Zen I had to upgrade the relay too, I am a noob wrt electricals - will I have to upgrade the relay for Celerio?
Old 5th September 2016, 22:49   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does Maruti fit different bulbs for different batches of the same car? Sorry I was confused there.

In my Zen I had to upgrade the relay too, I am a noob wrt electricals - will I have to upgrade the relay for Celerio?
A manufacturer will have different suppliers for such parts, and as per the demand and supply the assembly line will be fed with parts from various sources. It can be that Phillips alone has met the complete demand faced by Maruti, or they need a part of the requirement met by some other supplier(s) too. Hence you might get something and I might get something else. I got Halonix in SX4 and Dzire and Phillips with WagonR and now Celerio.

Same again for tyres. Majority of the demand is met by JK tyres and a part of it by Apollo, MRF etc. While you see most Celerios having Vectras, I got MRF ZVTVs from the factory. Now Maruti has also started using CEAT as well.

Relay is needed with any vehicle since it prevents overloading of the vehicle wiring and uses an independent wiring network to power up the lamps.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 15:45   #371
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that there's a tilt in the driver side headlamp throw, its at an angle which is higher at the left and a little downward on the right side. Is it to prevent the glare being thrown on the oncoming traffic?

Also, has anyone upgraded the horn of their Celerio, I wanted to do the same but would prefer using a fresh relay simply because I'm not sure what ampere rating the existing relay has.

Last edited by fine69 : 14th September 2016 at 15:46.
Old 14th September 2016, 16:02   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Also, has anyone upgraded the horn of their Celerio, I wanted to do the same but would prefer using a fresh relay simply because I'm not sure what ampere rating the existing relay has.
I switched to Roots Windtone. Luckily the Maruti dealer had it in their accessories list. It is pretty good.
Old 14th September 2016, 16:03   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that there's a tilt in the driver side headlamp throw, its at an angle which is higher at the left and a little downward on the right side. Is it to prevent the glare being thrown on the oncoming traffic?

For the headlights, post a picture of the low beams. Else its difficult to comment.

Horn I replaced with double horns but of the disc type. Was not interested in the trumpets. Hence got a pair of Denso horns which are OE for manufacturers. Got it done at MASS itself and I did not get any relays and wiring harness. The car already has the relay for the horn and of the same rating as my other cars with double horn. Its just blatant cost cutting for them to just strip the horn. I guess the manual Zxi gets double horns standard.

However the MASS guy has done jugaad wiring which I will rectify this weekend with good connectors and splices. More than the wiring I wanted a mounting point which I couldn't find myself since the grill area is quite cramped. And I didnt want to do the drama of removing the bumper of a new car in my house and scaring my neighbors
Old 14th September 2016, 16:08   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I switched to Roots Windtone. Luckily the Maruti dealer had it in their accessories list. It is pretty good.
Quote:
Horn I replaced with double horns but of the disc type. Was not interested in the trumpets. Hence got a pair of Denso horns which are OE for manufacturers. Got it done at MASS itself and I did not get any relays and wiring harness.
That's the thing, its not just the dealer but most of the shops selling horns don't advocate use of a relay. Its extra work for them, especially if you bring your own relay. What I read online was that different horns have different relay with an ampere rating.

A twin horn demands better rated relays but most people tell us that there's a built in relay already, which is true but the rating would also differ, hence the question. Better safe than sorry.

Quote:
For the headlights, post a picture of the low beams. Else its difficult to comment.
Will do
Old 14th September 2016, 16:22   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A twin horn demands better rated relays but most people tell us that there's a built in relay already, which is true but the rating would also differ, hence the question. Better safe than sorry.
As I have mentioned before, the relay used in my SX4 is of the same rating(15A) as that in my Celerio. Usually horns have a rating of 5-6A for the disc type which totals to 12A. Hence, its fine. As long as you arent using some high power horns, it will be okay to use the existing setup.

More than the rating of the relay, the relay itself is an important thing since in airbag equipped vehicles, the horn current shouldnt be let through the horn pad, since it will lead to premature wear of the contact coils shared by the airbag circuit. Hence, the presence of a relay is much more important than the rating of the relay itself. After all, a burnt relay due to over current is a 200 rupee affair whereas a burnt contact coil will set you back by minimum of 5k rupees. Hence, leave the original wiring intact and dont let accessory shops meddle with the setup.

If you are still worried about the relay, replace the stock one with a higher rated relay but dont mess with the wiring.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks