Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 16:08   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

My new Celerio AMT (O)

Thanks to everyone on this thread who shared good inputs on Celerio AMT, which was quite helpful for me to purchase this car. I bought this car as my city car for daily commute in the traffic and it almost exceeds my expectations
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio-2.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 20th November 2016 at 17:30. Reason: Typo
chaxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 12:40   #392
BHPian

one more from the new car. completed 1500 kms on odo and so far its really good. fuel eco is 13-14 in city with bumper-bumper traffic. i hope it might improve with next service. installed amp and woofer with the same audio setup. will share some more pics on that later.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio-4.jpg  

chaxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:52   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
My new celerio AMT (O...
Congratulations!!!
We have a Celerio AMT (O) in our family too!! (bought in Feb, 2016). It shares the alloy design with yours (almost!)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-img_20160306_172344.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 17:14   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Congratulations!!!
We have a Celerio AMT (O) in our family too!! (bought in Feb, 2016). It shares the alloy design with yours (almost!)
actually your car photo with the alloys was a starting point for my selection even before i bought the car. thanks for posting it
chaxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 13:53   #395
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know if Celerio's Cabin AC filter is shared with any other car? I've tried every South Delhi Maruti dealer and no one has it in stock. The MGP store along with the Batra's of Delhi don't have it either.

Last weekend was spent going to multiple spare part shops and we tried every AC filter available but none fit. Multiple Maruti cars have it shared but Celerio seems to be the only one which doesn't share this part.

I've tried all known online portals but none has it in stock, any ideas?
Old 28th November 2016, 14:13   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Does anybody know if Celerio's Cabin AC filter is shared with any other car? I've tried every South Delhi Maruti dealer and no one has it in stock. The MGP store along with the Batra's of Delhi don't have it either.

Last weekend was spent going to multiple spare part shops and we tried every AC filter available but none fit. Multiple Maruti cars have it shared but Celerio seems to be the only one which doesn't share this part.

I've tried all known online portals but none has it in stock, any ideas?
I checked it out too, but the MGP store did not have it in stock. But did not try attempting to research any further. Once I return to India, the second service will be due. Anyways the dealer will be hungry to add such stuff into the car, so in the end while receiving the car I will tell them to install the filter in my presence, so that they get the right filter and dont do some jugaad and shove some filter in to generate revenue
Old 1st December 2016, 23:39   #397
BHPian

Has anyone found the Celerio steering wheel to be a bit on the stiffer side?! Our Celerio AMT's steering wheel feels quite stiff, especially at lower speeds. It gradually becomes lighter as the car gains speed. And post the 100KMPH mark it starts vibrating (dancing, rather).

Last edited by espraveen : 1st December 2016 at 23:59.
Old 6th December 2016, 09:17   #398
bkc
BHPian

I have the exact same issue with my Swift diesel, the vehicle's steering is lighter to turn right and tighter to turn left; the steering dances when I try to make sudden acceleration.
Have been to service several times but they are unable to identify the cause for the issue and I'm fed up running to the service again and again. Although, they are ready to help, there is no point in helping without pin-pointing the exact issue.

Last edited by bkc : 6th December 2016 at 09:20. Reason: Used the signature twice.
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 15:11   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone found the Celerio steering wheel to be a bit on the stiffer side?! Our Celerio AMT's steering wheel feels quite stiff, especially at lower speeds. It gradually becomes lighter as the car gains speed. And post the 100KMPH mark it starts vibrating (dancing, rather).
No such issues faced. Coming from a Swift diesel I feel the steering to be light enough and no vibrations at all at 100-120 kmph.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 15:19   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stiffer than a comparable small car like WagonR, i10 etc. But I like it that way since its wayy better than either of the car at higher speed. But mine doesnt get lighter at high speeds and holds on nicely. And no vibrations/dancing at high speeds. Maybe because when I changed to alloys they balanced the wheels.

Do get the alignment and balancing checked once.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 20:38   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Celerio Tops List Of Best First Cars To Own For New Drivers - UK
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-capture.jpg
Quote:
With all that in mind, automotive expert HPI did their homework and found the top 10 best cars that aren't just the cheapest to run, but will also hold their value over time, making them ideal for new drivers. The numbers were crunched based on price, insurance, fuel consumption, tax and emissions
Quote:
The Suzuki Celerio came out top in our best buy survey with a total cost of motoring of £7,099.95, ahead of the Dacia Sandero at £7,212 and the Peugeot 108 at £7,646. This includes everything from the cost of the vehicle itself and servicing and road tax to insurance and fuel costs
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 13:40   #402
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone share some actual real life usage stats on the mileage for a Celerio Automatic in city and highway driving conditions?
I am considering the Celerio AMT and wanted some additional details in terms of the mileage. Also what is the service interval for the Celerio?
Old 13th December 2016, 13:57   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Can anyone share some actual real life usage stats on the mileage for a Celerio Automatic in city and highway driving conditions?
I am considering the Celerio AMT and wanted some additional details in terms of the mileage. Also what is the service interval for the Celerio?
In the city, you can expect something in the range of 11-14(tankfull to tankfull) for an office commute. If you are running errands only, like say short distances, it drops to 10-12(tankfull to tankfull). On the highways, even with a heavy foot you get around 17-18 which goes all the way to 21(23.5 on the MID) with a sedate pace of around 80-100. Normally I have found the MID to be optimistic by about 5-6%.

Since these are small engines, they are more sensitive to driving style compared to a bigger engine say 1500cc+. Hence, I have given a rather bigger range of figures, also due to the fact that I drive differently depending upon mood and time of the day. I sometimes even end up filling the tank with Speed 97 and enjoy the difference, with a little better FE as well.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:01   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am also looking for a new small car for my BIL. He has given me the responsibility

His requirements are simple, Small car with MT/AMT/AT option, features include AC/Power Steering & Windows.

I have choosen LXI AMT ABS as the preferred version.

Regarding service interval & costs, check this

https://www.cardekho.com/maruti-cele...rvice-cost.htm
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:49   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi!
It is highly recommended to get the cabin air filter or ac filter installed in your car.
Is this a routine job for the celerio at the maruti a.s.s. or is it done by independent garages? Can it be done as a diy job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks