Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2017, 10:07   #481

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hi Audioholic, thanks a lot for this important information. Is there any information if this problem exists in Maruti's other AMTs: Ignis and Swift Dzire or in Tata's AMTs: Zest?
Thanks.
dearmaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 10:51   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi Audioholic, thanks a lot for this important information. Is there any information if this problem exists in Maruti's other AMTs: Ignis and Swift Dzire or in Tata's AMTs: Zest?
Thanks.
I haven't driven any of these cars so can't comment upon that. I don't wish to generalize either, but at least the K10 and AMT combo should show up this problem since the powertrain is shared between the Celerio, WagonR and Alto in their AMT avatar. However, in the Dzire and Zest, the clutch actuation is different compared to the K10 so I believe the problem might not be present.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 11:28   #483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi Audioholic, thanks a lot for this important information. Is there any information if this problem exists in Maruti's other AMTs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I don't wish to generalize either, but at least the K10 and AMT combo should show up this problem since the powertrain is shared between the Celerio, WagonR and Alto in their AMT avatar.
I have a K10 AMT and it has done 17K kms till now (Used sparsely though).

After reading Audioholic's experience, few days back, asked wife (only she uses the car) about this judder issue if she was facing or not. She said yes, it comes when one tries to accelerate after slowing down either for slow moving traffic or speed breakers.

Yet to contact Maruti on this. Let's see how they respond.
Old 17th April 2017, 09:23   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS:

He has told they will get back with a fix but I am not sure when. At least, the positive note is that this juddering issue has not been passed off by the higher ups and they are working on it. Hence, I will reserve further actions for some time.
Hello Audioholic, any update on the juddering issue?
Old 17th April 2017, 09:39   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Hello Audioholic, any update on the juddering issue?
Nope. Third service due in a week or so, and will maybe get a third clutch plate installed. Apart from that I am not sure of any more action. Repeatedly raking up this issue will just make the service center get more annoyed than offer a solution since its beyond their control too. There are owners who are just sitting with this issue for more than 20k kms after which the clutch disc will be termed as worn out. Hence they will be charged for replacement. It is only because of that I am insisting this issue to be solved. Now that the record of clutch replacement has been logged for my car, they can never claim it to be wear and tear. And the attitude of that TSM deserves a round of thrashing. He has not bothered to reply to my mail, and he told me I could escalate the issue but did not have the melons to give me his superiors email.

The more mass market AMT becomes, the wider this problem will spread and at least then I hope customers will sit on their heads and make them find a permanent resolution to the problem. The only positive thing to hear is that this problem has been taken up for resolution and has not been washed off as a 'normal with AMT' conclusion. Hence, I have stopped bothering about this issue and will wait for a permanent solution. However, if this should be achieved fast, then there should be mass escalation and only then will they will fasten the pace.

Last edited by audioholic : 17th April 2017 at 09:40.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:32   #486
BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful review and the informative replies. Basis my own research on Team-BHP and elsewhere, I had made up my mind to buy the Celerio ZXi AMT (O) before even touching another car. After months of deliberating and some test drives, I finally booked one in last week of March 2017 and took delivery on April 4th 2017 from Popular Maruti in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Since much has been written about the car as such, I am wondering if I can start a new detailed thread about my experience with Popular Maruti. In one line, it was great!

Nevertheless, I am concerned about this judder issue. Is this experienced by all Celerio owners on this thread? I haven't yet, but then this is my first car and I'm not sure what qualifies as a 'judder'. There's a slight vibration sometime when starting from standstill, but I suppose its the typical '1st Gear' vibration.

There are a few other observations I have:
  1. Every-time I walk to my car and open the driver's door, there's a high pitched 'ringing' noise. Kind of like ringing in ears. It occurs for 2-3 seconds then stops. Is this normal?
  2. The Bluetooth in the ICE is buggy for sure. Initially my wife and I struggled and failed to get our phones' audio synced to play music. Even now, sometimes the system and phone wouldnt connect automatically and I have to manually try 2-3 times till it connects.
  3. Sometimes in standstill traffic, with car in N and parking brake applied, when I release the brake and move the lever to D, the AMT wouldnt deploy D . It takes 3-4 attempts of putting in D (after putting back in N) to get the car going. This creates a mini traffic jam in my spot for a few seconds, especially when traffic lights turn green. Am I missing something here?

Finally, Celerio AMT owners - What kind of FE are you getting? I've done about 250 km (sedate weekend drives only) and I'm getting ~13 km/l.

Thanks, I appreciate all the information shared!

Mods - If I've made any mistakes in this post please bear with me/correct me. I've joined recently and this is my first post on Team-BPH
Old 17th April 2017, 13:53   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
Thanks for the wonderful review and the informative replies. Basis my own research on Team-BHP and elsewhere, I had made up my mind to buy the Celerio ZXi AMT (O) before even touching another car. After months of deliberating and some test drives, I finally booked one in last week of March 2017 and took delivery on April 4th 2017 from Popular Maruti in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Since much has been written about the car as such, I am wondering if I can start a new detailed thread about my experience with Popular Maruti. In one line, it was great!

Nevertheless, I am concerned about this judder issue. Is this experienced by all Celerio owners on this thread? I haven't yet, but then this is my first car and I'm not sure what qualifies as a 'judder'. There's a slight vibration sometime when starting from standstill, but I suppose its the typical '1st Gear' vibration.

1. Every-time I walk to my car and open the driver's door, there's a high pitched 'ringing' noise. Kind of like ringing in ears. It occurs for 2-3 seconds then stops. Is this normal?
  2. The Bluetooth in the ICE is buggy for sure. Initially my wife and I struggled and failed to get our phones' audio synced to play music. Even now, sometimes the system and phone wouldnt connect automatically and I have to manually try 2-3 times till it connects.
  3. Sometimes in standstill traffic, with car in N and parking brake applied, when I release the brake and move the lever to D, the AMT wouldnt deploy D . It takes 3-4 attempts of putting in D (after putting back in N) to get the car going. This creates a mini traffic jam in my spot for a few seconds, especially when traffic lights turn green. Am I missing something here?

Finally, Celerio AMT owners - What kind of FE are you getting? I've done about 250 km (sedate weekend drives only) and I'm getting ~13 km/l.

Mods - If I've made any mistakes in this post please bear with me/correct me. I've joined recently and this is my first post on Team-BPH
First of all congrats on your new purchase. Its a wonderful city car. I myself have a Celerio VXI AMT purchased in March this year. Regarding your observations - :

1) Its present in my Celerio as well. Its normal. Its given in the manual that when you unlock drivers door automatic system works and their is an operational sound heard. So its absolutely normal.

3) Do you press the brake pedal when shifting from N to D. If you don't press brake D mode will not engage.

Hope your doubts are cleared. Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Regards
Old 17th April 2017, 14:27   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
First of all congrats on your new purchase. Its a wonderful city car. I myself have a Celerio VXI AMT purchased in March this year. Regarding your observations - :

1) Its present in my Celerio as well. Its normal. Its given in the manual that when you unlock drivers door automatic system works and their is an operational sound heard. So its absolutely normal.

3) Do you press the brake pedal when shifting from N to D. If you don't press brake D mode will not engage.

Hope your doubts are cleared. Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Regards
Thanks Happy Roadie!

Relieved to know that the ringing sound is normal.

Also, maybe you're right and I could be fudging up the brake-pedal bit as the pedal is different than the ones in MTs. I'll observe closely next few times and update.

Finally, what is the FE you are getting?
Old 17th April 2017, 14:46   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Happy Roadie!

Relieved to know that the ringing sound is normal.

Also, maybe you're right and I could be fudging up the brake-pedal bit as the pedal is different than the ones in MTs. I'll observe closely next few times and update.

Finally, what is the FE you are getting?
I have still not calculated the FE. Will calculate and let you know.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:00   #490
BHPian

For the benefit of everybody, my last 3 tankfuls have returned a healthy mileage of 17.2 - 17.8Km/L.

Driving involves, 60kms of thick traffic through Bangalore city from Vidyaranyapura to Kudlu Gate junction and back. Weekends travel to Mysore.

Fuel used has been V-power filled at Shell Kengeri, Sankey Road and Mysore Hunsur Road.

Driving has not been aggressive at all and highway cruising has been in the range of 90 - 110Km/Hr.

Stock tyres - JK Vectras at 33psi of Nitrogen

OTOH,

ODO reads 1678kms as at date.

The infamous clutch judder has not cropped yet.

Replaced the stock speakers to Blaupunkt ICX663 speakers with absolutely no gain in performance or audio clarity.

Will be getting a dash board camera today - Blaupunkt BP2.0.

Drive Safe
no_boundaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 23:02   #491
BHPian

This is a wonderful thread! I've been meaning to buy a Celerio myself, and have been contemplating for about a month. I was almost on the verge of booking one today - ZXI (O), however stopped short after reading this thread. I took a step back and look at the other options. TO the extent that I visited a Hyundai showroom today to test drive a Grand i10. I know its infamous for its LOW FE, but still took the plunge to try it out. Celerio in terms of FE still seems like a better bet especially when the Grand i10 is 7.0 lacs for the Magna version (or maybe it was the SPorts version).

If this judder issue wasn't looming over my head, I would have booked a Celerio today. I even tried to call up a few service advisors at MS, however I was foolish to think they'd give me honest feedback.

At a summary level, I'm reading that this judder is showing up after 10,000kms. Is that a correct read? Does it have anything to do with newer cars (mfd in 2017 or 16?)?

Given the price and overall VFM package, I'm still tempted to buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
For the benefit of everybody, my last 3 tankfuls have returned a healthy mileage of 17.2 - 17.8Km/L.

Driving involves, 60kms of thick traffic through Bangalore city from Vidyaranyapura to Kudlu Gate junction and back. Weekends travel to Mysore.

Fuel used has been V-power filled at Shell Kengeri, Sankey Road and Mysore Hunsur Road.

Driving has not been aggressive at all and highway cruising has been in the range of 90 - 110Km/Hr.

Stock tyres - JK Vectras at 33psi of Nitrogen

OTOH,

ODO reads 1678kms as at date.

The infamous clutch judder has not cropped yet.

Replaced the stock speakers to Blaupunkt ICX663 speakers with absolutely no gain in performance or audio clarity.

Will be getting a dash board camera today - Blaupunkt BP2.0.

Drive Safe
Quote:

Old 18th April 2017, 09:18   #492
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, Celerio AMT owners - What kind of FE are you getting?....
My car has done more than 7.5K now. Have driven it to Chennai, Goa, Coorg & Mangalore (twice). It has seen its fair share of ghats as well as long straights. It doesn't look like a mile-muncher when you look at it, but I put aside all my apprehensions when I took it for its 1st highway duty. The car feels planted and handles very well while you cruise at decent highway speeds.

On your doubts:

1. The sound is normal. Don't worry. SA confirmed.
2. I have never faced any problem with the Bluetooth. But there this thing that you can't connect when you are in motion. Park it aside, turn on your phone Bluetooth and it should automatically connect within seconds.
3. You need to press the brake and then move the lever to 'D'. If you are following the right method and still facing the problem, then get it checked ASAP.

Mileage:
City FE: 17-19.5 KMPL with AC (2nd level)
Highways FE: 19-21.3 (max) KMPL with AC (1st level)
k88k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 10:44   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
If this judder issue wasn't looming over my head, I would have booked a Celerio today. I even tried to call up a few service advisors at MS, however I was foolish to think they'd give me honest feedback.

At a summary level, I'm reading that this judder is showing up after 10,000kms. Is that a correct read? Does it have anything to do with newer cars (mfd in 2017 or 16?)?
It is there on all cars. My cousin has a 25k kms run Celerio brought two years back. That has the judder issue but she has never bothered to get it checked. It was only after I called it an issue she acknowledged it.

In my car, the first signs started at 3k kms with a slight vibration while accelerating in second gear. This turned out to become a clean judder at around 5k kms. Now, the second clutch showed the exact characteristics. Currently my car is at 9.5k kms and the judder is slowly increasing, maybe in its full glory in another 1000kms or so.

Though this judder will creep up in manual transmission cars also, it is more pronounced when you slip the clutch in MT cars. As long as you dont slip the clutch, there is no judder. In the AMT, it will slip the clutch in 2nd gear when you accelerate after braking like how we were taught to start off a hump. This 2 second slipping will cause judder. The fix to the problem is simple, to elimnate this slipping through a software update. However that has not been done.

If that is the only issue bothering you, then you can go forward and get the car home. I trust that the issue will be resolved by MS soon. Hence I am keeping my cool.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 21:20   #494
BHPian

2nd AMT box failed on our Celerio. For many days the vehicle would lose drive while driving. Last Sunday morning it just stopped in 3rd in the middle of the road. The car would not change gears and was stuck, after waiting for 5 min tried again. It did start but the engine oil lamp lamp lit up. Drove to Kalyani Motors and after running the diagnostics confirmed the AMT box needs to be replaced. First box replaced around 17k and second failed at 25k.

Last edited by CharlesA : 19th April 2017 at 21:23.
CharlesA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 21:34   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
2nd AMT box failed on our Celerio. For many days the vehicle would lose drive while driving. Last Sunday morning it just stopped in 3rd in the middle of the road. The car would not change gears and was stuck......
Very sad to hear that. Especially since your car has done only 25k.

Why don't you start a new thread on this issue? Could help many prospective customers and also force Maruti to take notice.

Hope this is the last time you have to resort to gearbox replacement.

Regards,
Vishy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks