Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 16:12   #346
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
What would have gone in favor of Honda is increase in sales of Amaze and City.
People who are ready to spend on Top spec Diesel Mobilio will settle for city and people who felt Mobilio is overpriced might settle for Amaze.
I thought the same after I got my Amaze.

Customers who have decided to for Honda, will get Amaze or City Diesel variants are better choices than Mobilio.
Old 31st July 2014, 17:57   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
23 Pages in Team BHP and still not a single booking/ownership. Well that shows where Mobilio stands!.
Guess the ones who did book are worried to post that here since this thread has been complaining about the pricing Moreover since a lot has been spoken about how the mobilio isn't a justified buy for the premium pricing, maybe people who frequent TBHP are well aware of this fact and hence aren't booking.
Old 31st July 2014, 18:14   #348
Senior - BHPian

There are 8k+ bookings - one of them could very well have been mine but i am choosing to consider XUV500 now. Wasted several months for this one, and it came crashing down! When is the new Innova being launched?
Old 31st July 2014, 19:38   #349
BHPian

There are 2-3 points i want to make here though i am not very experienced in cars like members above.
1) Owning a HONDA 4 wheeler used to give a sense of pride and up-class than there peers 6-7 years back. Honda is going to loose (almost lost) that respect very soon. The reasons being .
a)they are hugely compromising the built and safety of owners and passengers to cut cost.
b) new Honda cars do not come with up-class interiors. It would fairly loose out to Hyundai in this area.
c) Honda cars fair average in terms of handling that's why CITY earned the name "its made for the city only" image
c) Please convince me how they are fitting the same specs engine in Amaze,CITY or MOBILIO ??? Lets take Amaze and MOBILIO ..wide difference of weight and also the purpose . How do they work on the power/weight ratios at all ???.Are they getting P/W ratios proper by a very light MOBILIO(a SUV class vehicle) ? Its being now heard that even new JAZZ would also have the same engine specs...This is very mediocre thinking on Honda's part. As a customer i may not select this brand just for refined engines.
Please correct me if i am mistaken .
ashish_BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 21:12   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guess the ones who did book are worried to post that here since this thread has been complaining about the pricing Moreover since a lot has been spoken about how the mobilio isn't a justified buy for the premium pricing, maybe people who frequent TBHP are well aware of this fact and hence aren't booking.
I thought I saw a couple of people mentioning they booked the Mobilio, either here or the Ertiga vs Mobilio thread, I even asked them about when they have been promised delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
There are 8k+ bookings - one of them could very well have been mine but i am choosing to consider XUV500 now. Wasted several months for this one, and it came crashing down! When is the new Innova being launched?
Next gen Innova to be launched in 2016, long way off!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1244869.aspx
Old 31st July 2014, 23:13   #351

Thank you GTO for this very detailed review of one the most awaited cars of 2014. Honestly, being a die-hard Honda fan, I am disappointed with some basic omissions and cost saving features as well as the lack of finish and detailing which is standard in Honda. I hope Honda looks into some of these aspects and installs appropriate upgrade.
Old 1st August 2014, 00:41   #352
BANNED

Quote:
23 Pages in Team BHP and still not a single booking/ownership. Well that shows where Mobilio stands! 2015 Innova launch should be the final nail on the coffin and end of story for Mobilio.
After 7 pages of bashing in the Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga;

and

After 22 pages of bashing in the Official review thread who would have the guts to flow against the tide?!

I really don't understand what Honda was up to when the pricing was decided for this cost-cut manufactured car. They are spoiling their name with such launches.

IIRC & AFAIK, "The Mobilio" was one of the eagerly awaited cars with high hopes + hype created after the Ford EcoSport in India with many waiting to see what this turns out to be. Moreover there would be a large chunk of people who would have kept their plans of buying an Ertiga or a lower end Innova 'On Hold' till the Mobilio was released.

Not many happy customers I see around. Out of the 8K booking garnered by Honda, no idea how many cars actually get delivered.

Anurag.
Old 1st August 2014, 16:25   #353
BHPian

Today while driving to work I heard a limited edition Ertiga advertisement.
Guess Maruti is turning on the heat.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/ertigali...FRKTjgod0K4A-A

PS: It gets

1. Chrome grill
2. Music Console
3. Rear Spoiler
4. Chrome door handles

- Slick

Last edited by Slick : 1st August 2014 at 16:29.
Old 1st August 2014, 16:45   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Today while driving to work I heard a limited edition Ertiga advertisement.
Guess Maruti is turning on the heat.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/ertigali...FRKTjgod0K4A-A

PS: It gets

1. Chrome grill
2. Music Console
3. Rear Spoiler
4. Chrome door handles

- Slick
What is wrong with Maruti? Do they now feel threatened by all those chrome on the Mobilio? Or is it a subtle way of implying that what Mobilio has and (was) missing in Ertiga is chrome?
Old 1st August 2014, 16:51   #355
BHPian

CNN IBN Autonews on Honda Mobilio: The intro starts like "Priced attractively, the Mobilio ..,"

Oops!
Old 1st August 2014, 17:38   #356
BHPian

I made my booking for Mobilio during July 1st week. I'll be cancelling the booking this weekend. I am now considering Duster or probably wait for another for another year for the other SUV's/MUV's to be launched by Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra.....

Cant do much except with Hondo's ridiculous pricing for the quality being offered.

Few factors that made me look other way.

a. No second row sliding except in top-end variants (too greedy for such a basic almost negligible cost feature)
b. Not offering ABS on the middle petrol variant. (Ertiga also does not offer ABS on middle petrol variant, but at least Ertiga offers it as option with additional cost of around 8,000/-.
c. Driver view is not from high above and is more a sedan like which I dont prefer.
d. Obviously the pricing from Honda.

I was willing to go for it even with all its problems if the pricing is within 50K of the Ertiga price. Alas, Honda made sure that my wait for new car extends.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:26   #357
Senior - BHPian

Came for first service of my City today.
Saw Mobilio for the first time in flesh. Not impressed. Either with exteriors or interiors. Cant imagine why will Honda price this atrociously when by their own admission it's in direct competition with Ertiga.

These were on every table. At least 10 page comparison and highly biased in favor of Mobilio as expected.
Name:  ForumRunner_20140802_102501.png
Views: 2673
Size:  630.0 KB
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:36   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
These were on every table. At least 10 page comparison and highly biased in favor of Mobilio as expected.
And just look at that picture. Is it me who feels they have deliberately shown Mobilio appear much bigger from all dimensions than the Ertiga?
Barring length, the Ertiga is indeed taller and wider as well but for anyone looking at this picture, he would get an impression that the Mobilio is as big as Innova in front of that tiny Ertiga by its side.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:42   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And just look at that picture. Is it me who feels they have deliberately shown Mobilio appear much bigger from all dimensions than the Ertiga?
Barring length, the Ertiga is indeed taller and wider as well but for anyone looking at this picture, he would get an impression that the Mobilio is as big as Innova in front of that tiny Ertiga by its side.
You are right.
In fact if you read the whole comparison they had ridiculed Ertiga in everything possible. From space to size to engine nothing has been spared.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:37   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Both the scale and perspective are deliberately chosen to make the Ertiga appear smaller

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks