Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 06:11   #436
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Here is my booking ordeal.
I made a pre-booking for a base version of Honda Mobilio around July 10th with Capital Honda, OMR, Chennai. I was, initially, told of an expected waiting period of over a month post the official launch. I have not yet received the vehicle. Save this, I have not received even a tentative date on when I can expect the vehicle delivered.
I had similar issue when I got my Honda Jazz from Capital Honda,Menambakkam.
Dealer had no idea on when they would get the car and was fed up with their cock and bull stories. Escalated the issue to the Honda south zone head - Tushar wakankar and he promised to take a look at the issue.Things started moving pretty fast, Next day I got a call from Capital Honda sales head stating that the car is in production line and will be dispatched the following day. Was able to take delivery in 10 days.
Things didn't stop there, received a follow up call from the zonal head, checking if the issue was resolved satisfactorily. Try this route as well if things don't move as you expected.

Last edited by Wall-e : 9th September 2014 at 06:13.
Wall-e is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 06:47   #437
BHPian

Quote:
I made a pre-booking for a base version of Honda Mobilio around July 10th with Capital Honda, OMR, Chennai. I was, initially, told of an expected waiting period of over a month post the official launch. I have not yet received the vehicle. Save this, I have not received even a tentative date on when I can expect the vehicle delivered.

Whenever I called the sales guy, during August, he would ask me to wait till September first week so that he could let me know of my allotment. Allotment, according to him, would define the date when the vehicle gets despatched and received which usually fall in the same month. I called him this month and was told that though my booking has priority, the vehicle has not been considered yet for production as the volume for entry level model's bookings are very less.

I took this issue a level upper to him, with his manager, to know what was happening only to get shocked to know that the booking being a lower end version of the vehicle I surely could not expect it for atleast a couple of months. So that closes my hope for the October window too. As per him had I preferred to shell out another 1.15 Lakhs I could have managed to get the next version of the car this month itself. I still have time to choose for the same.

Last Friday, I called Honda Car India's feedback / queries department and mentioned the case. The concern was noted by the customer care person with pretty good professionalism. He raised a ticket immediately and escalated the issue to the concerned team. The escalation so far, as I know, has reached Capital Honda's department. They called me the next day asking the details of the branch and sales person. They have promised to get back after resolving this issue.

The main reason I have been choosing a mobilio was due to a mix of reasons like the reasonably good after sales reputation that Honda enjoys, my necessity for a 6 seater and City's good powerful petrol engine which suited well for long drives too. But, ultimately, I feel that this indefinite waiting is a lesser ordeal compared to dealing with the likely dubious situation. Currently I am waiting for a call from the customer care department hoping for some solutions to this endless wait.
If you are not able to find a solution sooner, just get in touch with Naveen of Sundaram honda and he would be honest to tell you when can you get your model, if you book it now. If you need I can pm you his contact number.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 07:19   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Have you paid the full or significant amount already?
Is he the only dealer of Honda in your city?

If answer is NO, then you should cancel your booking straight away and go to another dealer. Or at least tell so to Capital Honda.
Also tell them that you are serioI have not paid the full amount. It was just the booking amount of 50,000 INR.usly considering to buy Ertiga as it is cheaper and readily available.

Don't listen to any bulllcrap these dealers speak.
I have not paid the full amount. It was just the booking amount of 50,000 INR. There are other dealers too and I guess need to cross check with them too. I also think should contact other dealers and then pull out of this at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
If you are not able to find a solution sooner, just get in touch with Naveen of Sundaram honda and he would be honest to tell you when can you get your model, if you book it now. If you need I can pm you his contact number.
Yes. Can you please pm me his contact number?

Last edited by Aditya : 11th September 2014 at 12:02. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 9th September 2014, 08:34   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Can you please pm me his contact number?
Have done. All the best.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 11:21   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Have done. All the best.
Thanks for the contact.

Have talked to Naveen and he positively responded with a possible delivery by next month (as I did not have any color preference) if I booked this week.

Subsequently I contacted Muthuselvan of Capital Honda (OMR, Chennai) requesting to credit my account with the pre-booking amount that I have given them earlier. Unfortunately, I could not see a sense of customer obligation when he was talking process today even when they were at fault and told that I would need to wait for a week to get the amount credited. Anyway I have requested him to get this in some form of writing.
Old 12th September 2014, 10:19   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I think that the Honda Petrol engines are really proven ones especially the one doing duty on Mobilio is same as that on City.

Now with increasing Diesel prices, More people are going for Petrol and for an petrol MPV, i am sure Mobilio returns great FE numbers and pickup

Where as Maruti sells more Diesel Ertiga(as of today) so the 1.4 K series is relatively unknown
I got a call from the AGM of the dealer ( will explain the circumstances in my next post below) who explained that in Navi Mumbai the diesel is in demand whereas in Mumbai the petrol is in demand and allocations to dealers are being done accordingly by Honda since preferences seem to vary even within the same geography ! You are right though if prices remain this way petrol version seems attractive

Quote:

Whenever I called the sales guy, during August, he would ask me to wait till September first week so that he could let me know of my allotment. Allotment, according to him, would define the date when the vehicle gets despatched and received which usually fall in the same month. I called him this month and was told that though my booking has priority, the vehicle has not been considered yet for production as the volume for entry level model's bookings are very less.

I took this issue a level upper to him, with his manager, to know what was happening only to get shocked to know that the booking being a lower end version of the vehicle I surely could not expect it for atleast a couple of months. So that closes my hope for the October window too. As per him had I preferred to shell out another 1.15 Lakhs I could have managed to get the next version of the car this month itself. I still have time to choose for the same.

Last Friday, I called Honda Car India's feedback / queries department and mentioned the case. The concern was noted by the customer care person with pretty good professionalism. He raised a ticket immediately and escalated the issue to the concerned team. The escalation so far, as I know, has reached Capital Honda's department. They called me the next day asking the details of the branch and sales person. They have promised to get back after resolving this issue.

The main reason I have been choosing a mobilio was due to a mix of reasons like the reasonably good after sales reputation that Honda enjoys, my necessity for a 6 seater and City's good powerful petrol engine which suited well for long drives too. But, ultimately, I feel that this indefinite waiting is a lesser ordeal compared to dealing with the likely dubious situation. Currently I am waiting for a call from the customer care department hoping for some solutions to this endless wait.

I am facing the same issue here, Booked the car on 15th July 2014 in my case the dealer claims I can get a car tomorrow if I go for any colour but the Blue that we have selected !!

Since the blue is part of the list of colours available and my booking number is of Mid July I could not understand the approach since its not even in production yet...

I too escalated it Hondas 121 they have been professional in their 2 calls to me, dealer claims he is speaking to other dealers but no one has a Blue, In the meantime referred a friend to them on Saturday and he is getting the car on 28/9/14 !!! Two more of my friends interested in the Mobilio they too can pick the car and obtain delivery since colours not an issue for them !

I had a word with the AGM that my next escalation e mail will be to Mr. Shigeru Yamazaki with regard to transparency of booking number queue, he assures me that same will not be necessary being a reasonable person I intend to wait until this weekend for an update

Quote:
Thanks for the contact.

Have talked to Naveen and he positively responded with a possible delivery by next month (as I did not have any color preference) if I booked this week.

Subsequently I contacted Muthuselvan of Capital Honda (OMR, Chennai) requesting to credit my account with the pre-booking amount that I have given them earlier. Unfortunately, I could not see a sense of customer obligation when he was talking process today even when they were at fault and told that I would need to wait for a week to get the amount credited. Anyway I have requested him to get this in some form of writing.
Thankfully the dealer seems to be willing to engage and hopefully is trying to resolve the issue, moreover in my case the entire amount has been collected which makes it even more difficult to accept this waiting period
Anup25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 16:17   #442
BHPian

Just read this mobilio user review on car dekho : http://m.cardekho.com/user-review/ho...bilio-7654.htm

Eagerly awaiting for my mobilio to arrive on 25th September.
Old 15th September 2014, 10:24   #443
BHPian

On 29th Aug (Ganesha Festival day), I saw this new Mobilio near Nelamangala (on Bangalore-Tumkur highway).
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_0433.jpg  

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_0435.jpg  

n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:41   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
On 29th Aug (Ganesha Festival day), I saw this new Mobilio near Nelamangala (on Bangalore-Tumkur highway).
Is / Was this a black mobilio? Looks good in black.

I checked Honda website and did not see black listed as a color option.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:37   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

I am not sure whether it was black or grey. I was more concerned about the vehicle in front of me in the queue than this. The queue was lengthy and seemed never ending. Saw this vehicle in another lane and took the snap.
n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:44   #446
BHPian

I made balance down payment for Mobilio V diesel (changed colour from white to majestic blue) to dealer and would be taking delivery on 25th September.

Dealer (Dakshin Honda) has provided the list of add-ons available and it's prices.

I am planning to get FR and RR Bumper protector (Rs.3500) and Side Door Protector (Rs.4600) from dealer. They have a few options for seat covers and I will be finalising one in next couple of days.

Dealer is offering Motevo brand of Navigation system with GPS for 38000 for mobilio.

Later I managed to get details of Motevo local dealer in wilson garden and called him. He offered net price of Rs.32000 including wiring kit and installation. I am planning to go this Saturday to check the unit.

Team, Please help with your inputs on this brand.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:28   #447
BHPian

Just wanted to know anyone had booked for the RS Variant

What is the waiting period ?? Price list of the same
Old 19th September 2014, 18:49   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Just wanted to know anyone had booked for the RS Variant

What is the waiting period ?? Price list of the same

Hi. As per price list given to me by the dealer, on road price for RS MT variant is 14.22L in Bangalore. I am not sure about its delivery waiting period though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Hi, this is Mobilio RS variant and has a black colour option. I saw it in honda dealership today and you are right It looks stunning.

Last edited by GTO : 29th September 2014 at 15:26. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE functions, instead of typing one post right after another
Old 26th September 2014, 19:17   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Hi, this is Mobilio RS variant and has a black colour option. I saw it in honda dealership today and you are right It looks stunning.
There was a Honda Mobilio display in my office campus today. Saw two versions of Mobilio. The Mobilio RS with projector headlamps and DRL and those alloys looks stunning. Only grouse I felt was the dash had the wooden finish. That just didnt go with the sporty nature and RS tag on the outside. Piano finish or silver would have been good.
Old 29th September 2014, 11:25   #450
BHPian

I completed 650KM run on 2nd day of my Mobilio V iDTEC from Bangalore to Tirumala and back. Journey was quite comfortable and fatigue free. I will post my detailed initial ownership report soon.

Cheers!
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks