Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 23:25   #466
BHPian

Hello,

Honda Mobilio Petrol owners out there, please confirm if there is an electronic speed limiter of 140kmph. If you haven't gone that fast then it could be specified in the manual - will be super if someone can take the time out to help with this.

TBHP reviews seem to suggest so, and when I wrote back to Honda Car India, I did not receive a direct response to my straightforward question.
4strings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:19   #467
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hey need more specific information :-

1) In city means which route in Bangalore. Is it bumper to bumper traffic? How many kms you cover in how much time? ac on fulltime?

2) Which rpm do you change gears?
Gear change at 1500 rpm and 2500 rpm would give a difference of atleast 3 kmpl mileage for most turbo vehicles.

3) Highway driving, again which rpm you change gears and whats the speed maintained ?
Hi..My daily run is about 25-30KMs in moderate traffic with full AC. I travel within city limits (JP Nagar to Mission Road. JP Nagar to Sheshadripuram, JP Nagar to Koramangala) past peak time traffic. Gear change is generally between 1500rpm-2000rpm.

I travel to Tumkur atleast once a week and drive in 80-100KMs speed range. Thankfully not much gear change required on this stretch . I have also driven to Tirupati, Nandi Hills, Mysore and got similar mileage of around 24KMs.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 14:05   #468
BHPian

Our ivtec has completed close to 2000 KMs last weekend.

* The car is an absolute joy to drive. It feels like driving any other sedan / hatchback.
* The engine is refined and butter smooth. You can easily reach 3 digit speeds with 6 people on board without straining the engine.
* The steering is super light at low speeds and weighs up nicely once you gain speed.
* The car is now returning a mileage of around 12.5 KMPL in city and 15 kmpl in highway.

Dislikes
--
* Interiors are plane jane. Nothing to write about. Panel gaps are plentiful.
* We went for a base model. Glaring cost cutting everywhere such as no manual adjustable sticks for ORVMs and no HU even though it has 2 rear speakers! .
* No rear AC vent for the base variant ( for a 6 seater )
* Even the 'E' badge is missing in the base variant - Honda's way of cost cutting!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-wp_20140921_003.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th October 2014 at 02:42. Reason: We do not allow posting information on high speed runs on public roads. Thanks
eyesice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 14:10   #469
BHPian

Brilliant. Thanks @eyesice for confirming this. I have booked a Majestic Blue petrol Mobilio V in Mumbai last week.

Will report back once car is delivered
4strings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 13:46   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Our ivtec has completed close to 2000 KMs last weekend.

Dislikes
--
* We went for a base model. Glaring cost cutting everywhere such as no manual adjustable sticks for ORVMs and no HU even though it has 2 rear speakers!
Two Speakers in place and No HU? Are you sure? If it is true then it would be a glaring error. I still doubt it. Can you please post a picture?
Old 28th October 2014, 14:15   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Two Speakers in place and No HU? Are you sure? If it is true then it would be a glaring error. I still doubt it. Can you please post a picture?
We went to Sundaram Honda to get Blaupunkt ICE system installed for our car. In the final bill, they reduced an amount stating that 2 speakers were already installed. Unfortunately I did not click any pictures before the ICE was installed.

Last edited by eyesice : 28th October 2014 at 14:16. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 28th October 2014, 14:22   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
We went to Sundaram Honda to get Blaupunkt ICE system installed for our car. In the final bill, they reduced an amount stating that 2 speakers were already installed. Unfortunately I did not click any pictures before the ICE was installed.
That is really funny. Any way you got a small benefit. Hope the ICE is good. Are you able to access all features of ICE? I had to reprogram the Source Button in the steering wheel to receive and end the incoming calls through Bt as the buttons provided for that purpose on the steering were not accessible through the SWC kit.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 14:47   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
That is really funny. Any way you got a small benefit. Hope the ICE is good. Are you able to access all features of ICE? I had to reprogram the Source Button in the steering wheel to receive and end the incoming calls through Bt as the buttons provided for that purpose on the steering were not accessible through the SWC kit.
The base model steering does not having steering mounted controls. We anyway went for a touch screen based input. So the bluetooth and stuff are accessed via the touchscreen. The speakers seem to work fine by the way.
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:19   #474
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Booked Mobilio S MT diesel yesterday at Magnum Honda.Expecting vehicle to be delivered by end of this week.
maximus. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 11:03   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus. View Post
Hi Folks,

Booked Mobilio S MT diesel yesterday at Magnum Honda.Expecting vehicle to be delivered by end of this week.

Congratulations!! Seems waiting period has eased now.. Which colour have you ordered?
andydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 23:30   #476
BHPian

Thanks.I don't think there will be any waiting period going forward,most of the colours were available.Dealers might have stocked up and bookings will be less towards year end.

I have booked Gold colour.

Last edited by maximus. : 4th November 2014 at 23:31.
maximus. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 18:28   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

When vehicle spec (dimension, tire size, GC) remains same, what make the TCR different between Petrol & Diesel variants?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mob.jpg  

Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 19:24   #478
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
When vehicle spec (dimension, tire size, GC) remains same, what make the TCR different between Petrol & Diesel variants?
I believe it is because of the differences between the petrol and diesel models, as the Mobilio is a front wheel driven vehicle. My guess is that the diesel's engine, gearbox and driveshaft design required a marginally wider front track, and hence a slightly larger turning circle radius.

By the way, the Brio and Amaze petrol AT models have slighter larger turning circle radii when compared to the manual petrol models.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 13:50   #479
BHPian

I did bangalore-mumbai yesterday in my Mobilio. This is my longest drive, last one being bangalore-chennai. Started at 5.22AM from JP nagar and reached Goregaon west at 9.58PM. I drove alone and took two breaks of 15m and a break of 30min. Got mileage of 23.7 for the trip. Mobilio is pleasure to drive and extremely comfortable for long journey. Return trip is planned for Friday.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 15:54   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
I did bangalore-mumbai yesterday in my Mobilio. This is my longest drive, last one being bangalore-chennai. Started at 5.22AM from JP nagar and reached Goregaon west at 9.58PM. I drove alone and took two breaks of 15m and a break of 30min. Got mileage of 23.7 for the trip. Mobilio is pleasure to drive and extremely comfortable for long journey. Return trip is planned for Friday.
WOW. That sure is a real long drive especially when driven alone. About fourteen and a half Hours with just two breaks totalling 45 minutes. I am stunned on reading that it was comfortable. Great going. Keep revving. Drive safe. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks