Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 15:56   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
diesel's engine, gearbox and driveshaft design required a marginally wider front track
Any idea what is the track for Petrol & Diesel variants? (couldn't find from Mobilio website, or my poor eyes?)
Old 17th November 2014, 21:05   #482
BHPian

Thanks Seran Manian. I was unsure if would be able to drive the entire stretch without a halt and had planned to stay back at Kolhapur/satara if tired. Thankfully drive was comfortable and drove the entire stretch without any second thought.

While returning I did :
Friday : Mumbai-Ganapatipule-10hrs,
Saturday : Ganapatipule-Goa-6hrs and
Sunday : Goa-Bangalore-12hrs

Got Mileage of 22.8 for this trip of 1485KMs.

Mobilio Diesel is perfect combination of comfort and economy for long drives

Last edited by andydude : 17th November 2014 at 21:07.
andydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 06:36   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Thanks Seran Manian. I was unsure if would be able to drive the entire stretch without a halt and had planned to stay back at Kolhapur/satara if tired. Thankfully drive was comfortable and drove the entire stretch without any second thought.

While returning I did :
Friday : Mumbai-Ganapatipule-10hrs,
Saturday : Ganapatipule-Goa-6hrs and
Sunday : Goa-Bangalore-12hrs

Got Mileage of 22.8 for this trip of 1485KMs.

Mobilio Diesel is perfect combination of comfort and economy for long drives
Thanks for the details. I wouldvlike to get one more piece of information from you as a owner of mobilio. Is mobilio better than city 2014 with respect to ride and handling?
Old 25th November 2014, 07:20   #484
BHPian

We did a long one week road trip with 6 on board last week. The route was Chennai -> Munnar -> Trivandrum -> Tenkasi -> Kozhikode -> Wayanad -> Mysore -> Chennai.

The trip meter stood at 2300+ km. One surprising thing that we found was that we never felt tired during the entire journey.

Will post up a travelogue soon!
eyesice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 01:28   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the details. I wouldvlike to get one more piece of information from you as a owner of mobilio. Is mobilio better than city 2014 with respect to ride and handling?

I haven't driven City except a test drive which was very impressive. I have driven Accent for many years and fluidic Verna for sometime. Assuming City being similar ride and handling as Verna(hope am right :-), I would say Mobilio matches in both ride quality and Handling in city driving and feels much better on highways and rough sections. Though I felt that Verna handling in ghat sections was bit better.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 17:58   #486
BHPian

Got a call from Dalahin Honda that Honda is organising a family meet up and drive for Mobilio owners on 7th Dec at RBNMS ground near Ulsoor with Bfast n Lunch. Drive is up to Kolar and the owner deriving highest mileage of the trip will be rewarded with 15k worth of gift :-)

I would have certainly participated but have Guests coming over this weekend. Those interested may call up their dealer and participate.

Cheers!
Old 5th December 2014, 19:19   #487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
We did a long one week road trip with 6 on board last week. The route was Chennai -> Munnar -> Trivandrum -> Tenkasi -> Kozhikode -> Wayanad -> Mysore -> Chennai.
Six adults with luggage says a lot. Would love to read about your log. Do share. I was always of opinion that five with luggage is what it would be possible.

Would love see this perspective.

Quote:
The trip meter stood at 2300+ km. One surprising thing that we found was that we never felt tired during the entire journey.
That says a lot about ride quality. Fatigue less drive for long roads is a good one. Please do post a log.
Old 6th December 2014, 20:56   #488

Quote:
Got a call from Dakshin Honda that Honda is organising a family meet up and drive for Mobilio owners on 7th Dec at RBNMS ground near Ulsoor with Bfast n Lunch. Drive is up to Kolar and the owner deriving highest mileage of the trip will be rewarded with 15k worth of gift :-)
I'm going, I'm going! Oh sorry, by the way I'm Prad and this is my first post in this super amazing forum. I will be posting my initial ownership review as soon as I get a chance. My carnelian red honda mobilio came home this October and just like most of you, I've spent more time inside the car than my bedroom

My family and I (yes all seven like the AD on tv) have done two trips to the hills so far - Yelagiri and Yercaud. The drives were absolutely comfortable and I found it pleasantly surprising that the car had immense power while pulling all seven and our luggage. I'm looking forward to the drives to come and the joy that comes along with it.
Just before I sign off, I just want to say this site rocks and all you folks are amazing.

Here's my beauty.
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4116.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4073.jpg
pr4d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 13:03   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr4d View Post
I'm going, I'm going! Oh sorry, by the way I'm Prad and this is my first post in this super amazing forum. I will be posting my initial ownership review as soon as I get a chance. My carnelian red honda mobilio came home this October and just like most of you, I've spent more time inside the car than my bedroom
Welcome pr4d and congratulations on your stunning carnelian red Mobilio,this seems a new colour offered by Honda.

Did you go for the event? Please share some details and snaps..

Quote:
My family and I (yes all seven like the AD on tv) have done two trips to the hills so far - Yelagiri and Yercaud. The drives were absolutely comfortable and I found it pleasantly surprising that the car had immense power while pulling all seven and our luggage. I'm looking forward to the drives to come and the joy that comes along with it.
Just before I sign off, I just want to say this site rocks and all you folks are amazing.
Completely agree with you on Mobilio pulling power. I drove to Nandi Hills recently with 5 adults and 2 children and since it was Sunday, there were many vehciles including some slow moving buses ahead but we were comfortable and didn't face any power loss on inclines.

BTW, While driving in night, I was trying to adjust headlight through height adjuster and even after trying a few times, I could barely notice any difference, have you tried this, any idea?

I will be giving my car for 2nd service this week and have been thinking of issues to highlight but thankfully don't have anything else except this

Last edited by andydude : 8th December 2014 at 13:05.
Old 9th December 2014, 01:17   #490

Quote:
Welcome pr4d and congratulations on your stunning carnelian red Mobilio,this seems a new colour offered by Honda.
Did you go for the event? Please share some details and snaps..
Thanks Andy. First off let me tell you that your posts have been the most helpful in this thread apart from the amazing honest review that GTO penned. Your experiences and long drives with the mobilio have been encouraging and has reaffirmed my faith in this car after all that bashing it got early on. The Innova was far out of reach when it came to my budget and I found the Ertiga to be way too sluggish when I took a TD with my dad. Agree that Honda got its pricing all wrong and gave us plain jane interiors but that apart this car is a true gem when it comes to a people mover.

Anyways now to the event "Honda Mobilio Family day and Mileage Challenge". I got a call from Honda one day before the event just as the 3M guys were applying the anti rust coating to the underside of my car. I quickly agreed as I knew it would be a good opportunity to meet the other Mobilio owners in the city. I quickly thought I'll post the same about the event on Team-bhp but well you had beaten me to it and I was quite disappointed that you would not make it.
Checked with my wife and she declined and chose shopping instead. duh! Slightly pissed off, I decided to shop as well. And before I knew it, I had impulsively bought a new set of alloys for my beauty so that I could show her off the next day. Destination Tyreplus, HSR layout. Damage 24K.

Here's my car without her old boots...
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-img_20141206_172050.jpg

On to the event, my dad and sister agreed to tag along with me so we set off to RBNMS grounds at Ulsoor. I was a bit skeptical about the attendance as Honda had not planned the event in advance and had called everyone a day before the event but well I was in for a surprise.

There were tons of mobilios all around the venue and lots of people with their tiny tots. A RJ kept everyone occupied with games and some good mean sandwiches were served.
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4147.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4149.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4151.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4155.jpg

And here's my beauty with her spanking new alloys
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4156.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4170.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4183.jpg

After a few ice breaking games, all participants were given badges and caps and the drivers were given a route map to the final destination. The rules were announced, trip meters reset and off we were to the finishing line (3 km before Kolar).

I fumbled up my start just outside the gate as I realized that I need to switch off the AC so that I could have a fair chance of winning the competition. So I reached out my hand through the steering wheel to reset the trip meter again and at the same time turned the car out of the gate. Now the two don't go well together or men just can't multitask. I twisted my hand in pain and I almost climbed up the pavement just before I applied the brakes.

So a bad start and the city traffic ensured that my mileage reading was a bare 6 km/liter. It took me sometime to get out of the shock and soon as the highway cleared up a bit I quickly recovered and kept a steady pace averaging 80-90 km/hr and ensured that the eco light was on at all times. I would like to add that Honda had prepaid toll for all the cars. When we reached the finishing line my mileage indicator read 26 km/l Now I call that an achievement, this car surprises me all the time. I soon realized that I had beat a 20 odd cars before me but was disheartened when a guy kept yelling that a car had got 36 km/l and soon another had got 38 km/l. I'm still shocked and I have no idea how the hell they achieved that.

At the finishing line...

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4175.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4187.jpg

After all readings were taken we were advised that we would need to drive to Avani hill top and we were all set off. Here is where the Honda guys messed up terribly. The first 15 cars including mine drove through Kolar city until we saw that one of the mobilios had taken a u-turn and was driving in the opposite direction. Soon enough a few others followed pursuit including me. What came up next was even more shocking, the lead car which had first taken the first u-turn did another and very soon all of us knew we were lost. There were cars going left, right and center with others aimlessly following. We tried asking the locals for directions and they had no clue about Avani hills. I swear I drove around the city and up some hills for an hour and I found a mobilio in every single corner. There were quite a few test drive cars packed with the honda salesmen inside and everyone was clueless as well. It was extremely frustrating. Finally after several calls to the honda managers I told them that I would drive up to the main bus stand and that they would need to guide us from there. I rounded up a few cars and we waited at the bus stand and within minutes a few guys approached us on motorcycles and guided us up-to Avani hilltop. It was barely 5 minutes away from the mileage check point.

The rocky hilltop itself was quite beautiful and as soon as we reached the place - lunch was served. This is where Honda won us all back. The food was just amazing. Mutton biriyani, chicken tikka on skewers, tandoori kebabs and plenty of other items along with desserts cooled off all the anger that we had within us.

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4189.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4193.jpg
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4197.jpg

After lunch the organizers had more fun events and even a magic show for the kids. I have to be honest that I myself was mesmerized watching some of the tricks. At 4 PM the event was still going on but we decided to leave as the home minister called from phoenix mall that her shopping was done and she needed a ride home. All said and done I think Honda did a very good job to entertain the families and organized the event pretty well.

A parting shot with my sis inside and the hill behind.

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-dsc_4199.jpg

Quote:
BTW, While driving in night, I was trying to adjust headlight through height adjuster and even after trying a few times, I could barely notice any difference, have you tried this, any idea?
Same here, I didn't notice any difference although to be honest I was just playing around while driving. Will check again when I remove the car out on the weekend. I completed the first service a week back and was happy that I had no niggles to complain about.
pr4d is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 21:07   #491
BHPian

Great event report and photos pr4d and Thank You for your kind and supportive words.

Its nice to know that many owners participated in the event and I'm feeling bad to have missed out.

Mileage of 36,38 is amazing Wish Honda shares some tips to get best FE out of Mobilio.

Cheers!

Last edited by andydude : 9th December 2014 at 21:08. Reason: removed extra smiley
Old 14th December 2014, 11:54   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Hi Seran just my 2 bits as well , The Honda city seemed to be quite awesome with respect to driving and things like cruise control help with FE, but as far as ride quality was concerned, sat on the back seat of the city ( which would be the middle seat of the Mobilio) the Mobilio was way better in my opinion, probably the wider tyres, extra ground clearance... felt more comfortable than the 2014 city over some patchy roads
Anup25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 21:55   #493

I have bought a Mobilio Petrol S version and yes I agree to the number of shortcomings, but my family seems to like the car immensely. The ride quality is superior and handling is quite incredible like that of a hatchback.

I would like to know what are the possible after market accessories that been sourced and utilized. I am in the market for ICE. Are there any suggestions?

Mod: If this is not the right place, kindly delete it.
Thanks!
Old 28th December 2014, 23:47   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waseem M. Khan View Post
I have bought a Mobilio Petrol S version and yes I agree to the number of shortcomings, but my family seems to like the car immensely. The ride quality is superior and handling is quite incredible like that of a hatchback.

I would like to know what are the possible after market accessories that been sourced and utilized. I am in the market for ICE. Are there any suggestions?

Mod: If this is not the right place, kindly delete it.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

I have installed Blaupunkt San Diego, it's a decent system with good touch response and nice output and costed me 18k, I did not change the stock speakers as found them pretty good. I have also added reverse camera (2k), seat covers (7k), got leather cover done for steering (1k).
Old 30th December 2014, 12:55   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr4d View Post
T And before I knew it, I had impulsively bought a new set of alloys for my beauty so that I could show her off the next day. Destination Tyreplus, HSR layout. Damage 24K.

Hi pr4d. The alloy looks marvelous. 24K is for 4 wheels right?. I haven't heard much about this brand PK. How is it?

Also please tell me how is the workmanship and job quality of the Tyre Plus guys and whom did you contact in the shop.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks