Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 19:18   #541
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Hi guys, we are considering buying the Mobilio. Done with test drive of the i-Vtec. We already have the second generation Jazz with us and the Honda experience has been great so far, thus another Honda. We are a family of 6 and have outgrown the hatchback segment. We are mostly going for the V-MT variant because of airbags, ABS, EBD and second row seat sliders. The on-road price breakup given by the dealer Ace Honda is given below:
Ex-showroom: 913100
Insurance(without zero depreciation):21897
RTO: 70083
Handling: 6250
Total: 1011330/-

On this he is promising free insurance and parking sensors with camera. So my question is for the people who purchased their car recently, how much discounts could you manage? Should i push him for more? We are okay to wait and have no urgent requirement.
Old 15th August 2015, 12:34   #542
Senior - BHPian

Recently remember reading about a 1.5 L discount on top end Mobilio in Bangalore. Push hard. But I think it's not in production and you'll probably get a 2014 model.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:17   #543
BHPian

Hi Samrth,
I think you are in NCR region like me. You should be able to get cash discount of 50K, instead of insurance & freebies from dealer. Try hard.

Better to get insurance and rear view camera+sensors on your own. they are both much cheaper. In 50 K, you can get insurance, rear view camera and many more accessories like good floor mats, door visors, seat covers etc.

Rear view parking camera + sensors are at about 5-6K (autocop) and even as low as 3 - 3.5 K (not so branded). I brought one online which is similar to OEM (installed above number plate, and has in built distance sensor) and display is via a small monitor on dashboard. Don't go for monitor which is on the rear view mirror as that vibrates a lot all the time and makes rear view mirror almost useless.

I got floor mats free from dealer (pearl honda) - these were useless - now i have got 3D floor mats (set of 7 mats) online for 2.5K, which is much better.

Recently i also purchased leatherite seat covers online for net 5K. need to get them fitted/installed this weekend.

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited by Abhishek_Garg : 28th August 2015 at 13:29. Reason: adding information on rear view camera
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 00:03   #544
Senior - BHPian

The fog lamps of my Mobilio RS bought 2 months back have become yellow and have started fogging up. I very rarely use them. What could the reason be?
Old 1st September 2015, 03:28   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The fog lamps of my Mobilio RS bought 2 months back have become yellow and have started fogging up. I very rarely use them. What could the reason be?
Could be a defect from the manufacturer itself. Suggest you to show it to Honda, can be a problem with the plastic quality.
Old 5th September 2015, 14:02   #546
Senior - BHPian

Guys those of you who are considering to buy Mobilio, here is a good news for you.
Quote:
In a move to attract more buyers, Honda dealers are offering up to Rs 1.5 lakh off through various benefits and discounts on the RS and RS (O) diesel models. In addition, the petrol V and V(O) trims can be bought with up to Rs 47,000 off. Discounts on other variants depend on dealer and locality.
Source: Autocar ---> http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-397238.aspx/3
Old 10th September 2015, 23:15   #547
Senior - BHPian

So I saw a mobilio on the road in my complex the other day. It seemed to have a lot of chrome on the rear door

and it turned out to be a Jazz - they look oh so similar if you are watching them from right behind them!
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 14:32   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
it turned out to be a Jazz - they look oh so similar if you are watching them from right behind them!
In retrospect, Honda should have based their Mobilio MUV on their Global small car platform (the one used on the Honda City), instead of using their Hatchback "Brio" platform for an MUV. That would have made the 7 seater Mobilio a much more robust and a fitting competitor to the likes of Innova.

Basing the smaller Jazz on the "Brio" platform and a larger vehicle like Mobilio on the "City" platform seems way better than that other way around

Last edited by for_cars1 : 11th September 2015 at 14:35.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 17:14   #549
Senior - BHPian

according to the latest issue of Autocar magazine (physical copy), There is a 1.5 lac discount on the Mobilio RS currently (only on the RS version and not on the standard ones). This brings it very close to the Ertiga Territory.
Old 28th September 2015, 17:33   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
according to the latest issue of Autocar magazine (physical copy), There is a 1.5 lac discount on the Mobilio RS currently (only on the RS version and not on the standard ones). This brings it very close to the Ertiga Territory.
Thank you for sharing that information. However that is too less and too late from Honda. As per carwale the current on-road price of Mobilio RS(O) in Pune is 14.18 lacs. If I reduce 1.5 lacs from that, it comes to 12.68 lacs. The Ertiga ZDi is 10.35 lacs in Pune (again the same source above). So even after the discounts the Mobilio RS (O) is commanding a premium of 2.33 lacs over the current Ertiga prices.

When the facelift Ertiga gets launched on 10th Oct and if Maruti is able to retain the current price levels or reduce those, then that will be the final push to Mobilio in its grave.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 09:54   #551
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had a casual visit to Deccan Honda showroom in Pimpri, Pune to enquire about the Mobilio. Even before I asked for any schemes/ offers, I was told that the S-MT (i-Dtec) has a cash discount of 65K and a corporate discount of 7K, so 72K cash discount on on-road price in total. Same discount was extended to V-MT. The RS(O) had a whopping cash discount of Rs 1.5 lacs. The details of the various on-road prices after the discounts and variant's availability are listed below:

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mobilio-offers-17oct2015.jpg

For a moment I though the SMT i-Dtec, would be a steal, but then it misses on some must have features like fog lamps, rear wash and wipe, bluetooth (although it has steering mounted audio controls). Honda, poor product planning on skipping these features for SMT and forcing customers to go for VMT, which is 1.5 lacs costlier.

The Mobilio RS(O) is a mere eyewash, other than the projector lights and touchscreen AVN, all other additions are mere cosmetics. There is no point in pricing a car exorbitantly high and then giving 1.5 lacs discount on it.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 09:09   #552
Senior - BHPian

The Mobilio RS is not eyewash. There are a huge number of different features. The windshield is different, there are deflectors for the wheels, auto lock, retracting mirrors, etc. Other than the chin hitting every slope, the RS is great. Very small externally, and you feel like you're driving a brio.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:48   #553
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried tyre upsize to 195/65R15 for the Mobilio?
Is that a viable option?
I am about to buy the Vi-VTEC and am contemplating this upsize.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:49   #554
BHPian

Has anybody heard of any decent offer on Mobilio Petrol?

I checked with two dealers in Hyd, and V i-VTEC is close to 10.8 lakh on road. I was expecting a lot more of a discount, given that the 'new' Ertiga has many more features and is close to Rs1.5 lakh cheaper.
Old 9th November 2015, 11:52   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Has anybody heard of any decent offer on Mobilio Petrol?
Ok, so my SA finally says that Honda has stopped producing Mobilio Petrol. He says its due to year-end, but I doubt since Mobilio Diesel is readily available. Is this because of the impending BR-V launch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks