Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 21:36   #586
Team-BHP Support

Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Spotted three Mobilio diesel taxi cars in the office campus today in Bangalore. Relatively new in looks department.

Has Honda started taxi sales for Mobilio to distinguish Mobilio with BRV?

Edit- Just read above posts. Honda has already confirmed that Mobilio production will continue post BRV launch.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/honda-mobilio-no-plan-discontinue-225648

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th April 2016 at 21:39.
Old 8th May 2016, 00:41   #587
Team-BHP Support

Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Spotted three Mobilio diesel taxi cars in the office campus today in Bangalore. Relatively new in looks department.

Has Honda started taxi sales for Mobilio to distinguish Mobilio with BRV?

Edit- Just read above posts. Honda has already confirmed that Mobilio production will continue post BRV launch.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/h...ontinue-225648

Overdrive confirms what I had suspected- Mobilio is going to be targeting the commercial sector , now that Honda has the BRV lined up for the private sector.

Good move IMO. There is very little to differentiate between these two so that the prices can be maintained 1.5 lakhs apart. BRV base variant make the Mobilio top variants seem VFM. Probably those top end variants of Mobilio would soon be discontinued in favour of BRV.

http://m.overdrive.in/news/honda-to-...-with-mobilio/

Probably also explains why Mobilio is not displayed at most of the showrooms anymore despite Honda reiterating that the production won't be discontinued.

Edit- The launch of Crysta at the new prices couldn't have come at a better time for Honda. The only real competition is the Lodgy, which won't be a difficult task given the Honda brand name alone.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th May 2016 at 00:46.
Old 2nd July 2016, 01:13   #588
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

I had a discussion with a Honda dealer in Trivandrum regarding the Mobilio, and they confirmed that the company was pushing the mobilio towards taxi usage. The RS variant has been discontinued, and he said that while he could get me a private regn vehicle, he recommended that I upgrade to the BRV or the City.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:00   #589
BHPian

Well, I feel that this move isn't going to work for Honda. The cabbies already have the Ertiga at the lower end and the Innova at the higher end. Even the Tavera is due for an upgrade, and it has always been very popular with cab drivers.

No doubt, the Mobilio has various advantages over the Ertiga, including the H badge, but none of those matter to cabbies. They would rather go for the Ertiga and save about 2 lakh rupees rather than stretch for the Mobilio.

I think the best thing for Honda to do would be to discontinue the Mobilio. And while they are at it, discontinue the Brio too. There's no point wasting time and resources over flopped models.
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:05   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
... Even the Tavera is due for an upgrade, and it has always been very popular with cab drivers.
I believe that the model replacing the Tavera is the Enjoy.
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:45   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I believe that the model replacing the Tavera is the Enjoy.
The Enjoy is going to be discontinued, while the Tavera is due for a facelift and an upgrade to BSIV norms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iv-engine.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ued-india.html
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:27   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
The Enjoy is going to be discontinued, while the Tavera is due for a facelift and an upgrade to BSIV norms.
That does not change the fact that the Tavera is not available today and it's replacement currently is the Enjoy.
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:17   #593
Team-BHP Support

A relative of mine is interested in Honda Mobilio diesel. However, only 2015 manufactured models are available for sale (probably means Mobilio production has stopped for now, and they are trying to clear inventory).
Old 30th August 2016, 18:21   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I had a discussion with a Honda dealer in Trivandrum regarding the Mobilio, and they confirmed that the company was pushing the mobilio towards taxi usage. The RS variant has been discontinued, and he said that while he could get me a private regn vehicle, he recommended that I upgrade to the BRV or the City.
Had a Fiat eons back, taxis had it too,
Got a Santro and suddenly yellow tops were permitted Santros and Wagon Rs
Then got the Logan within days of launch ( being a huge fan of Renault), soon the fleet owners had them
Two years back picked up a Mobilio, Honda changes its stance and now they invite cabbies to try it!!!

Guess I must charge a royalty from the next Manufacturer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essrags View Post
I am in the market looking for a MPV, graduating from Ford Fiesta Classic. I have been following this thread and the comparison with Ertiga as well.Apart from the looks, I understand the overall plusses and minuses of each car, but still find the Mobilio seats and space a tad more practical than Ertiga. I have had a few test drives of both the vehicles and it s a classic case of heart (Mobilio) vs mind (Ertiga) here.

The reaons are: it is premium price for not so premium features vs value for money spent. Also keeping in mind I had the top end Fiesta classic and the comfort feel (i know should not compare a sedan!!) I get in my current car is missing.
I am interested in knowing more about your long drive and how the vehicle behaved in different road types, particularly the last 2 rows and also overall safety / comfort levels.

Innova is a distant third only because of price, middle row (i can only get captain seats as it will be a company lease) and parking constraints.
Given my current car, mileage is not something that is at the top of my mind.
I have been using a Mobilio petrol variant since almost 2 years now and like most buyers I Test drove the Ertiga as well, The Ertiga handled like a zen to me, it was effortless but it also worried me that I wasn't getting a sense of a big car , moreover the ingress to the last row did not seem as comfortable.

The only pull was the price tag but I decided to go with the Honda badge and so far the Mobilio has handled beautifully , it s a blue colour one and draws eyebrows and in the last 2 years I have never had to do anything more than the regular servicing ( Honda is extremely professional there )

Have driven over hills in Maharashtra, highways including the Pune expressway multiple times, and over not so happening roads with the potholes and likes and so far the only part where I find it different from my earlier sedan is I am very careful once it moves over 140kph especially near gradual turns since though it sticks to the ground it doesn't feel as heavy as the Logan used to or for that matter even the civic ( a different class).

On city roads the car has been easy to handle, just like driving a Honda city , parking is effortless as well.

If you have any queries feel free to ask. Happy to assist with whatever knowledge gained over the last 2 years.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st August 2016 at 07:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Anup25 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 18:45   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post

Guess I must charge a royalty from the next Manufacturer!!!
Still there is no guarantee it will work. Almost all manufacturers now have their cars open to the taxi fleet. They do not want to miss that share.

On a serious note, what you can do though is give us all a heads up of which car you will be buying next and we will be rest assured it will be a hit in the commercial segment.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 18:49   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Still there is no guarantee it will work. Almost all manufacturers now have their cars open to the taxi fleet. They do not want to miss that share.

On a serious note, what you can do though is give us all a heads up of which car you will be buying next and we will be rest assured it will be a hit in the commercial segment.

Sounds great!!!

I do think it maybe a compliment for the vehicle to be accepted as cabs !!! Cabbies prefer low maintenance cars with some comfort, look at the Corollas in the rest of the world!!!! But it is not a feel good to park ones Logan between two Fleet cab Logans !! and Going forward the Mobilio !!!
Old 30th August 2016, 21:08   #597
Senior - BHPian

Just oh so many taxis in Germany are Mercedes!
I feel happy to see the car I choose coming into the taxi segment. It tells me I made a good choice. And, on a recent trip to Himachal the number of Mobilios I saw doing taxi duty made me glad I had picked one at the time Honda were almost promising they would not offer it to fleet operators (which, in fact, I did not believe then and I now stand vindicated).
Old 31st August 2016, 07:11   #598
Senior - BHPian

@Anup25: how did you remove the speed restricter? My RS never crosses 140kmph. The engine just cuts off. Not that I ever drive at those speeds. The reviews also say the the same.
Old 31st August 2016, 08:25   #599
BHPian

OT
My Honda amaze diesel too does not go above 140 . The fuel to the engine cuts off I guess .
I do not subscribe to driving beyond the legal speed limit .
Old 31st August 2016, 11:21   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Anup25: how did you remove the speed restricter? My RS never crosses 140kmph. The engine just cuts off. Not that I ever drive at those speeds. The reviews also say the the same.
My car is a 1.5 V MT ( I VTEC) from September 2014, its a petrol variant and never came with a speed restrictor. Have touched 160 though did not feel confident enough to go beyond even with road available...

I do not think there was a speed restrictor on the petrol variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks