Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 18:40   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

@4strings, Thank you for the reply. I have to go slow anyway on bumps as the front chin will touch if I'm at anything over 20kph.
I'll check out the options in the size you've mentioned.
Old 3rd June 2017, 01:10   #617
Senior - BHPian

Tonight while driving my 2 year old Mobilio RS iDTEC, it suddenly switched off. It refused to start again with all the light on in the dash. I tried again after 10 mins and same story. I called RSA and they promised to send a guy in 1 hr. I tried again after 10 more mins and still same story. The Tech came in about 30 mins. The moment he tried, the car started without a hiccup. He opened the hood and noticed some leak from one of the battery caps, but normal acid level. He suggested that one of the 4 earthing wires may be damaged. Any suggestions about the possible problem?
Old 13th June 2017, 22:29   #618
Senior - BHPian

My Honda Mobilio RS windshield has cracked when it was parked in the sun. The SA reckons that a stone must have fallen on it. Now I'm getting it replaced under insurance. The RS has heat resistant windshield. How do I confirm that the replacement glass is also heat resistant?
Old 13th June 2017, 22:33   #619
BHPian

If you are getting it done at ASS, they will provide the invoice which should mention the same. I don't think we can make out the difference easily.
Old 28th January 2021, 10:51   #620
BHPian

Reviving an old thread here,

We own a 2015 Honda Mobilio 'V' petrol. Recently me and my dad have been noticing that while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear and from 2nd to 1st gear, the shifts are hard and notchy and some effort is required to register a shift. We took the car to Pride Honda today and the mechanic says there is nothing abnormal.

Would appreciate any input with regards to this
TIA
Old 28th January 2021, 12:05   #621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Reviving an old thread here,

We own a 2015 Honda Mobilio 'V' petrol. Recently me and my dad have been noticing that while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear and from 2nd to 1st gear, the shifts are hard and notchy and some effort is required to register a shift. We took the car to Pride Honda today and the mechanic says there is nothing abnormal.

Would appreciate any input with regards to this
TIA
How much kilometres your car have covered and what is your usage pattern? It could be attributed to wear in synchros. You can try revving the engine in 2nd gear and check the build in speed is in proper relation to rpm build up. If you see rpm shooting without much speed build up clutch might be having issues.

I own a 4th gen Honda City ivtec and have covered 99,000+ kms in last 6.5 years and no issues observed as of now. I do perform rev matching during downshifts.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 14:23   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
How much kilometres your car have covered and what is your usage pattern? It could be attributed to wear in synchros. You can try revving the engine in 2nd gear and check the build in speed is in proper relation to rpm build up. If you see rpm shooting without much speed build up clutch might be having issues.

I own a 4th gen Honda City ivtec and have covered 99,000+ kms in last 6.5 years and no issues observed as of now. I do perform rev matching during downshifts.
Hi,
thanks for your reply, it has done around 47,000 kms. This car was primarily used by driver exclusively before the pandemic and now its being used as a second beater car. I'll watch out for any clutch related issues.
Old 20th April 2021, 19:50   #623
Senior - BHPian

So the Mobilio is mainly used by the better half, except when we go for long journeys. A couple of weeks back on a trip to Chennai, the windshield cracked again.
I had given it to Brigade Honda, Bengaluru for replacement. At the same time, I got the clutch replaced (It was said to be weak in the last service). And apparently the brake pads were also worn out, which were replaced.
Today I had gone for a 1000 km drive and was shocked to see that the fuel efficiency was down to 16 kmpl. Also after getting out of city traffic, when I started to stretch it's legs, there was no power in all the gears with the engine struggling to cross 2K RPM. I've always got >26 kmpl on highways in the same car, with same driving pattern.
Can anyone point the reason for this terrible drop in FE?
Old 20th April 2021, 23:36   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Can anyone point the reason for this terrible drop in FE?
Whatever you have mentioned, it could be due to a choked air filter or a diesel filter. Air filter seems to be a bigger culprit, clean it once or get it replaced and then check again. Also if it’s diesel, a bit of stretching the revs will make a difference, can’t recollect the exact name of this phenomenon but it starts with the word Italian xxxx.
Old 21st April 2021, 09:34   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Whatever you have mentioned, it could be due to a choked air filter or a diesel filter. Air filter seems to be a bigger culprit, clean it once or get it replaced and then check again. Also if it’s diesel, a bit of stretching the revs will make a difference, can’t recollect the exact name of this phenomenon but it starts with the word Italian xxxx.
Italian Tune-up??
The car was returning 26 kmpl 2 weeks back and a sudden fall to 16 kmpl after replacing the clutch and brakes. I was worried if the clutch was fixed wrong? Brakes don't seem to be jammed as the car's freewheeling alright.
Old 21st April 2021, 10:54   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Italian Tune-up??
The car was returning 26 kmpl 2 weeks back and a sudden fall to 16 kmpl after replacing the clutch and brakes. I was worried if the clutch was fixed wrong? Brakes don't seem to be jammed as the car's freewheeling alright.
Yes Italian tune up is the word, if the clutch is fixed wrong there will be many other issues such as gear shifting, noise when clutch is pressed, overheating near gear box section and so on.

Check the filters once and get it cleaned or replaced, that should do the trick.
Old 7th October 2021, 18:17   #627

Hello.

I have a 2015 mobilio which has done around 40k kms. During the last service, the showroom says that the suspension is due for a replacement. I mostly drive this vehicle on longer journeys with the vehicle fully packed. dont know if that has caused the suspension to wear down. How do i check it to be certain and that the showroom is not pulling a fast one.

If it is due, i would like to go for the BRV suspension for a mobilio and i am wondering if it would make a massive change to the the handling of the vehicle considering that brv has 16 inch wheels and the mobilio has 15 inch wheels. and also that the ground clearance is higher.
Old 8th November 2021, 11:08   #628
Senior - BHPian

Time to wake a dormant thread

I have been in search of a used Mobilio/B-RV diesel, would be used primarily for highway drives. But, finding a well maintained piece is hard, infact finding any piece is hard as they weren't sold in scores. The ones that are available in the market have done around a good 1.5-2L km's with clocked back odo readings of 60k-1L km's.

Wanted to know about the maintenance costs, reliability, any other issues of Honda "earth dream" engines beyond 1-1.5L km's, if any of the owners here have done a considerable mileage, their insights would be of real help.

Also, I would like to know the on-road prices back in 2015-16, as now most of them are listed at Rs.6-7L in the market. Although, it may not be worth risking that much amount on an abused Honda, there are not too many options in that space(given that used Ertiga prices are even more atrocious).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 8th November 2021 at 11:11.
Old 8th November 2021, 20:27   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Wanted to know about the maintenance costs, reliability, any other issues of Honda "earth dream" engines beyond 1-1.5L km's,

I would like to know the on-road prices back in 2015-16,
Own a 2015 Honda Mobilio iDTEC RS and have run 1,50,000 kms. No major issues till date. Cosmetic parts do take time to arrive. Costs are very reasonable with every 10K service costing around 10-12k and every 20K service costing 20-25K.

When I bought it I paid about 15L on road in Bengaluru. This was after a 1L discount on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik.sripada View Post
i would like to go for the BRV suspension for a mobilio and i am wondering if it would make a massive change to the the handling of the vehicle considering that brv has 16 inch wheels and the mobilio has 15 inch wheels. and also that the ground clearance is higher.
Did you change to BR-V suspension? Were wheels also changed? Total cost? I've driven my similar vintage Mobilio RS for 1.5L kms and still on stock suspension. But have never overloaded it.

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 8th November 2021 at 20:29. Reason: To add another quote.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:56   #630

Quote:
Did you change to BR-V suspension? Were wheels also changed? Total cost? I've driven my similar vintage Mobilio RS for 1.5L kms and still on stock suspension. But have never overloaded it.
I actually went with honda city 5th gen suspoension, the vehicle feels a lot smoother on the highway, the height has increased by 2cms only though. Have gone for a 1000kms drive post the suspension change and loved the drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks