Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 17:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Amazing review!
The attention to detail in any official review is just mind boggling!

I really liked the headlights on the RS version. I wonder if it would be possible to ham in those into the Brio. If so, Honda has my money.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:22   #62
BHPian

Wonderful Review GTO

Being an Ertiga owner, I would like to know if the 2nd row seats in Mobilio rattle (or) not. My daily ride to office gets really irritating with the seat rattling in Ertiga. Not sure if you had a chance to test Mobilio with both 2nd and 3rd row seats empty. If yes, please let us know your comments.

Also, is there a loud thud sound from the rear suspension/axle when you negotiate speed breakers slighty above normal speed? I notice this sound in my Ertiga when there are no rear passengers.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Great review!
Does anybody has thoughts on if the front seats can be (successfully) converted to have the adjustable neck restraints? This one (and the dash design) is a deal breaker for me.
I am booking an ertiga exactly for the same two reasons. I still haven't figured out if it is possible to change the front seats.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:49   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other Points:

Honda has sent out signals that the Mobilio will be positioned a notch above the Ertiga. IMHO, the Mobilio ought to be priced on par with the Ertiga (just as is the case with the Amaze & Dzire).

• Honda can definitely price the Mobilio competitively.
Request

Once official pricing is out on 23rd July, request the Mods to please update the complete pricing on the first page itself with the rest of the review.
Old 21st July 2014, 18:54   #65
BHPian

What a review GTO. This was really excellent. I am really not impressed with this vehicle; I was always a fan of Honda since their 2nd Generation City. But now in order to be a tough competitor with other manufacturers Honda is reducing the cost of manufacturing a lot. They are compromising with their quality of cars which even more worsens their market.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Anybody else thinks that they should have built the mobilio based on the jazz platform?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post

PS : It has been asked so many times, and let me ask again -- Why didn't Honda chose Jazz platform for the 7-seater segment?
At what price point would you guys expect the Jazz based 7 seater to be launched??

With all the cost cutting and shoddy quality issues, Honda had to price the Mobilio higher than the Ertiga. Certainly the Jazz based MPV would have been a better vehicle. But pitching it in between the Ertiga and the Innova would be a huge commercial gamble for Honda, wouldn't it??
Geo_Ipe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 20:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

What a fantastic review! I am sure some of the details mentioned in the official review might not be found by the owners even after years of usage.

This vehicle will sell...I am sure about it unless Honda messes up the pricing big time. A 50K over the Ertiga is not too difficult to sell given the larger size and more powerful engines offered by the Mobilio.

The fit and finish issues are disappointing to say the least and never expected from a Honda. But Let's wait for the actual deliveries.. may be they will take care of the various quality issues.

The car looks better than the Ertiga no doubt. The front is a bit disappointing and Honda should have reworked the headlight and grill but the Ertiga is no looker either.. The Mobilio looks much better from the side and the back.

The Ertiga has only 2 noticeable advantages - better interiors, better third row thigh support and may be better build (not sure)/ less cost cutting evident.

The only thing which can stop Mobilio from becoming a huge success are the terrible dashboard, cost cutting measures obvious like think front seats with integrated headrests and not-so-appealing front end.

Interesting times for the MUV market. Lets see how it goes.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:22   #68
BHPian

Team-Bhp reviews are like no other.

Looks like both the Ertiga and Innova will lose quite a bit of their market share. The level of embellishment they had done for the RS variant would definitely be a plus. Looks Damn good! Off late Honda has been cutting down on their metal thickness i believe, their entire product line up now looks fragile. They seemed to have managed between performance and few creature comforts ( they did miss out major one's like GTO pointed out) how this works out for the customer and the company is yet to be seen.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 21st July 2014 at 20:23.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
At what price point would you guys expect the Jazz based 7 seater to be launched??

With all the cost cutting and shoddy quality issues, Honda had to price the Mobilio higher than the Ertiga. Certainly the Jazz based MPV would have been a better vehicle. But pitching it in between the Ertiga and the Innova would be a huge commercial gamble for Honda, wouldn't it??
Well the Honda city is based on a jazz platform isn't it?
So for a 7 seater MPV 50,000-60,000 premium over the equivalent city model should be just about right I think. ( If this notion is absurd, feel free to correct me)

I know its going to be more expensive, but I also feel its going to be worth the extra money and a more befitting vehicle for the big "H" badge.
Old 21st July 2014, 21:05   #70
BHPian

I feel we all are in for a surprise, by looking at mega cost cutting HONDA has done, this may get priced lower then ERTIGA, may be by just 5k from variant to variant.

How well would that change the equation, in favor of HONDA? Anyone in for this one?
Old 21st July 2014, 21:35   #71
BHPian

This is a mini innova and can possibly go the taxi way. And what a tale of two companies - one a cheap car maker and moving to a premium cars (zest) other a premium car maker moving towards making cheap cars (mobilio).
Old 21st July 2014, 21:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

As usual, full marks for yet another splendid review. Boy i was having pretty high hopes on this car !!
And after reading this review, i feel its bit cheap.

After all the cost cutting that is evident, I wonder how Honda can price this car at a premium as compared to Ertiga ? My money goes on Honda pricing the Car slightly cheaper than Ertiga. With all that cost cutting they have .. they better price it cheap else Maruti might be smiling
Old 21st July 2014, 22:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does anybody has thoughts on if the front seats can be (successfully) converted to have the adjustable neck restraints? This one (and the dash design) is a deal breaker for me.
I have the same concerns over the front seats. I mean Honda makes a highway cruiser and puts such depressing front seats on it Having owned an i10, the amount of comfort these seats provide on long run is really bad. The feedback on Amaze driver seat on the Amaze thread isn't any bit encouraging either.

A visit to Koyas would be one option to fix the front seats. But that would depend on the pricing of Mobilio too. I doubt anything can be done about the dash.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
BUT, this is still impractical as a city car, as it is too long. A 2 row hatchback is better if the third row is mostly unused or if you don't have huge luggage to haul everyday. And as GTO mentioned, on the odd day, when you need a boot or a third row, you could hire a sedan or a MPV.
I agree its a bit huge to potter it around the city. But if you are a frequent highway runner with family having kids like what smartcat mentioned. You literally have to carry a mini-house of supplies

So Ertiga or Mobilio fits the bill for those who want a 10 lakhs allrounder with flexibility of seating plus luggage carrying ability, car like handling and dimensions they think that could be handled on a daily basis.

Ertiga has a tall seating position. So for someone who is used to tallboys like Wagon-R, you'd love to have that tall view as opposed to what you get in a sedan.

Last edited by narayans80 : 21st July 2014 at 22:34.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 22:27   #74
BHPian

I had a good look at the Amaze when i brought my Manza a year back and was not impressed!

I had a good look at the Mobilio when they displayed it at Vivana Mall at Thane and again was left unimpressed! One always thought that a Honda was an above average product and in the last 18 months they have introduced a cheapness into their products which is so unlike Honda! I did not drive the Mobilio but i am sure from the feel it would have been nosiy like the Amaze!

Great review though you can clearly see the time and effort taken in doing the review.

Thanks GTO!

God Bless You. Stay Safe!
Old 21st July 2014, 22:27   #75
Team-BHP Support

Having looked at a Mobilio in a shopping mall, my opinion is that Honda are stretching it literally!

Granted that a Brio sits below the Swift segment-wise, Honda are stretching it to compete with the Ertiga, a couple of segments above without any improvements to the fit, finish and space.

When I met Jnaneshwar Sen VP Marketing at the Honda Roundtable a few months back, he was of the opinion that the brand, the space and fuel consumption will be the USP's. The Ertiga has much stronger appeal. The Mobilio although it has an impressive rear seat is rather bland inside. My guess is that this will become the wife and kids car as opposed to a proper workhorse. Might take some sales away from the Brio and City is my guess.

Great review, it really brings out the cost shavings!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks