Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Watching the live telecast.
Four Grades - E, S, V and RS. RS is available only in the Diesel Variant, comes with projector headlamps, Electrically retractable ORVMs, sporty bumpers and sporty alloys.
The base E will have ABS and EBD, S adds on Music system, Rear AC etc and V adds on alloys etc
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:09   #122
BANNED

Very good review. Aptly compared Mobilio with Ertiga whenever needed. That's what the readers expect.

There are a lot of things to curse about Mobilio in the cost-cutting front. The reviewers took a neutral path. This vehicle will sell well in India, as it is i) a Honda ii) 7 seat option and iii) cheaper to buy.

Edit: Checking the price list. A premium of around 65K over Ertiga seems very high.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd July 2014 at 12:18.
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:12   #123
BHPian

Prices out! Ex-showroom Delhi

Mobilio Petrol - Three variants
E - 6.49L
S - 7.50L
V - 8.76L

Mobilio Diesel - Four variants
E - 7.89L
S - 8.60L
V - 9.76L
RS - 10.86L (from sept onwards, only diesel)
guruji is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:13   #124
BHPian

Good pricing for Mobilio by Honda!

When Amaze was launched, we all thought that it will eat into sales of Dzire. Similarly when Xcent was launched, we all thought that it will eat into sales of Dzire & Amaze. None of this happened and all the 3 products continue to flourish and do well.

Similarly, I don't think that Mobilio will eat into sales of Ertiga or Innova. If anything, it will sell in good volumes of 4000 to 5000 per month without impacting anyone. The consumer sentiment and outlook towards economy is positive, in fact last month after a long time we saw healthy growth in Auto industry. New products like Mobilio and Zest will only help expand the volumes.

Following is the Mobilio pricing compared to Ertiga and Innova:
Name:  Mobilio pricing.png
Views: 29723
Size:  19.8 KB

Some other key points:
  • Tagline of Mobilio is - Apne liye, Apno ke liye
  • Mobilio RS will be available only with Diesel engine from September this year
  • 30 accessories will be available for post purchase
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:18   #125
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
From what angle, dude?

My eyes are starting to water. Top variant diesel is 1.25 lakhs more expensive than the Ertiga? Base variant is 66K higher?

Lets not forget that the Ertiga has 40 - 50K discounts on it right now. The difference is simply way too much.

Again, the Brio is positioned below the Swift. How is an MPV based on it more expensive than its Swift counterpart?

Shocker: A Honda City doesn't cost that much more
GTO is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:21   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Not really! Top variant is 1.4L more than Ertiga Zxi! I don't think this is going to work for Honda!
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:22   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From what angle, dude?

My eyes are starting to water. Top variant diesel is 1.25 lakhs more expensive than the Ertiga? Base variant is 66K higher?

Lets not forget that the Ertiga has 40 - 50K discounts on it right now. The difference is simply way too much.

Again, the Brio is positioned below the Swift. How is an MPV based on it more expensive than its Swift counterpart?

This is GTO at his best, IMO! Honda deserves this lamenting. Had they developed Mobilio on the Jazz platform without any glaring cost-cutting measure, we can accept this pricing. But on the Brio platform? No way!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd July 2014 at 12:33.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:26   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

So here's is the comparo on prices between Ertiga and Mobilio (Ex-Show room Delhi).
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-ertiga_mobilio_price.jpg

Note: Ex-show room price for Delhi taken from Maruti Website:
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/Maruti-P...qs-BoChljw_wcB

In Bangalore, this effectively means a huge difference between the 2 and as I had thought (if I was to decide between the two today), I would gladly pick up the Ertiga for what it offers me for the price and quality!

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd July 2014 at 12:30.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:28   #129
BHPian

Dis-appointing prices
Looking at the Team-Bhp review, I personally feel, Ertiga is a better choice.

Technically Honda has targetted Ertiga's most selling variants in Petrol n Diesel.
* prices ex-showroom Delhi

Petrol
Ertiga Vxi ABS - Rs 6.64 L
Mobilio E - Rs 6.49 L

Diesel
Ertiga Vdi - Rs 7.86 L
Mobilio E - Rs 7.89 L

Well Maruti, is still geared for any other competition, with the current offer of Rs 85,000 ( 30k Cash, 50k Loyalty / exchange, add corporate 5k)

Dare to de-throne Maruti
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:29   #130
BHPian

The second row sliding feature is only available in the top end V variant! Shouldn't this be standard across the range? Without this, the third row will be strictly for the kids, that too, very young ones. I think this is a serious mistake!
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:30   #131
BHPian

Petrol V variant is expensive than Ertiga ZDI (Diesel). ZDI seems to be more VFM even if Maruti stops offering discounts.
diwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what angle, dude?

+100.

This is a shocker price from Honda and Maruti must be laughing, in fact laughing hard. On road price difference will be even more. In the price of mid variant of Mobilio (Few K less only) one can buy top end Ertiga which has almost all the features, that too with much better interiors. Ertiga looks great VFM now. On road price difference is like approx 1.5 Lacs IMO model to model. That's a disaster from Honda, again i would say.

Just an example: Ertiga Zxi is OTR 8.45 Pune + you can get some discounts as well. Mobiliio is 8.76 ex showroom Delhi, means it will cost 10+ OTR Pune which is ridiculous. Grow up Honda, City is successful doesn't mean people will buy anything at any price you give.

Last edited by aniketi : 23rd July 2014 at 12:37.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:33   #133
BHPian

Quote:
From what angle, dude?

More than Ertiga, Honda is scared of Mobilio cannibalising City Sales.
Pricing is bad, initially Mobilio sales will fly. Maruti might benefit out of this pricing, they might stop giving discount.
vivek_gaur69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Just hoping Hinda doesn't follow similar pricing trend for the Jazz or it will be a royal dud for the second time.

And for the poster claiming it was good pricing by Honda, maybe he is thinking from a second hand car perspective. Market dud, less resale value, good for second owner
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:35   #135
BHPian

With this pricing and inferior interiors I don't think it will be a real challenger. Unless people blindly follow the H badge

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks