Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:53   #211
JLS
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Hi guys

Booked the Diesel Mobilio VMT today at Chennai!

----snip-----
Variant Suggestion: V Version Only. Why, you ask? Because, for me, the exclusion of the below is a deal breaker. And only the V version has these all together.
- Air bags
- ABS
- Central/Remote Locking
- Rear AC
- Boot glass wiper
- Power windows, steering, ORVM

----snip------
acidkill,
First booking of Mobilio from team-bhp!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you.

One query, from your post it seems that E and S variants do not have ABS, Airbags, Rear AC, Power Windows, steering, ORVM.

Can you please check.

Thanks,
JLS
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:58   #212
BHPian

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What a pricing by Honda!!

With Top variant Mobilio money you can by 3 Brio
dude that's an epic comment!. So you can end up getting 15 seats instead of 7! Sounds like a killer deal

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd July 2014 at 17:01.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:17   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

The pricing is, in one word, S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!

No offence to the staunch Mobilio supporters and it's pricing, but as a neutral observer I would say that Honda Cars India have shot themselves in the foot big time. For a car based on the Brio platform, sharing most of it's parts and looks with the Amaze/Brio and having almost 90% localisation, the pricing is simply too steep!

Either they are banking too heavily on the i-DTEC's FE numbers and the Honda badge, or have gotten carried away with the Amaze and the City's sales figures in recent times. For once, they had a product which could revolutionise this newly-developing segment by taking the fight straight to the LUV machine, but now? No chance of that happening.

It would now be really interesting to see how Honda's marketing personnel pitch the Mobilio to prospective Ertiga customers. It would seem like they tried to target a whole new group from the Ertiga to the Innova, and failed on either side.

Just how far is the Honda City, one wonders. Here's where they both stand:

Mobilio E (petrol) = 6,49,000, City E MT (petrol) = 7,19,900
Mobilio S (petrol) = 7,50,000, City S MT (petrol) = 7,83,500
Mobilio V (petrol) = 8,76,000, City V MT (petrol) = 8,97,500
Mobilio E (diesel) = 7,89,000, City E MT (diesel) = 8,37,900
Mobilio S (diesel) = 8,60,000, City S MT (diesel) = 9,00,900
Mobilio V (diesel) = 9,76,000, City V MT (diesel) = 10,11,000
Mobilio RS (diesel) = 10,86,000, City VX MT (diesel) = 11,05,500

(all prices ex-showroom Delhi)

Sorry, Honda, but the Mobilio is NOT a premium product, as you have tried to make it by pitching it's atrocious pricing against your own premium offering. The guys on the other side of the fence over at Maruti-Suzuki, who were waiting with bated breath, must be having a ball right now!

The Ertiga's numbers should swell a LOT more, and even the City looks like a real VFM buy now. For all that it offers at it's price points, if the Mobilio finds itself in the top 20 of the monthly sales charts from here on, I would be very, very surprised.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:35   #214
BHPian

For all those that criticise the Mobilio for being priced higher must also realise its advantages:

1. Hondas domain is the C2, C1 segment buyer, who does not see eye to eye with the B segment buyer. For C segment buyer, Honda Assurance > Suzuki Value. That is why Sx4 couldnt touch Honda City. And on the downside, it is why Amaze sells more than brio.
2. The Honda Mobilio is not necessarily taking on the ertiga alone. But it is also providing an option to the buyer of the Honda City. Yes, the city is a different category from a Brio Based MPV, but i am willing to trust Honda with my money If it gives me the Honda City's engines, with the versatility of the Mobilio.
3. As 7 seater.. the mobilo is 5% more space and still has baggage space behind the 3rd seat. That is invaluable and is a real necessity. The ertiga is not as versatile. Period.
3. I have owned a swift and a city in the past. The city still had life in it after 75,000/- run. My swift was a rattling after 40,000/- km. Honda city never failed our family even once. We praised it every year we owned it.
4. Call me a Honda Loyalist if you like, but, so what?
acidkill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:40   #215
BANNED

Quote:

1. Hondas domain is the C2, C1 segment buyer, who does not see eye to eye with the B segment buyer. For C segment buyer, Honda Assurance > Suzuki Value. That is why Sx4 couldnt touch Honda City. And on the downside, it is why Amaze sells more than brio.
Just one question: then why Amaze couldn't touch DZire?
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:40   #216
BHPian

Acidkill,

I guess you are feeling offended seeing all these negative posts as they go against what you might be feeling after booking the Mobilio.

I am sure you saw value in it and hence decided to purchase it. Others might have different opinions. But that's alright, this forum provides an opportunity for everyone to express.

Anyway, wish you hearty congratulations on the booking. Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

Last edited by trek : 23rd July 2014 at 17:41.
trek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:54   #217
BHPian

Quote:
For all those that criticise the Mobilio for being priced higher must also realise its advantages:

2. The Honda Mobilio is not necessarily taking on the ertiga alone. But it is also providing an option to the buyer of the Honda City. Yes, the city is a different category from a Brio Based MPV, but i am willing to trust Honda with my money If it gives me the Honda City's engines, with the versatility of the Mobilio.
3. As 7 seater.. the mobilo is 5% more space and still has baggage space behind the 3rd seat. That is invaluable and is a real necessity. The ertiga is not as versatile. Period.
3. I have owned a swift and a city in the past. The city still had life in it after 75,000/- run. My swift was a rattling after 40,000/- km. Honda city never failed our family even once. We praised it every year we owned it.
4. Call me a Honda Loyalist if you like, but, so what?
Take off all comparisons, still the Mobilio is pure crap on which a H badge have been stuck. Except the 1.5 iVTec engine, I don't see anything "valuable" in it. Honda used to make good cars. The previous gen City, Jazz and Civic used to be real gems. Look at the current line-up. The Brio, Amaze and the Mobilio has successfully killed all the brand value Honda once enjoyed.

You don't need to sell cut-price, half baked products to sell the numbers. You just have to look at Hyundai, the inferior H to learn what a good business model is. Sorry, with the Mobilio and the Amaze around, I don't think I'd buy a Honda in a long time.

Last edited by blacksport : 23rd July 2014 at 17:55.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:58   #218
BHPian

After following the news about Mobilio for so many days, ever since its launch in Indonesia and with 4 adults/2 kids in the family, I thought this would be the best choice for an upgrade from my 5 year old i10. I was even fine with the dull/not so good interiors, but I had my concerns with the build quality too. All that said, I am terribly disappointed with the pricing of Mobilio.

IMHO, Honda India made two big mistakes.

1. By pricing it a premium than Ertiga. Why Ertiga? Thats the only one I can consider as its main competitor.
2. Not making the safety features standard on all the variants. To buy a diesel model with Dual Air Bags and ABS, I have to choose the top end VMT model which will be more than 10 Lakhs in Bangalore, because of which I may need to pay close to 13L. And at that price XUV500 W4 is within the reach.

Yes. It does has its advantage interns of engine performance, drivability, space etc. But I think they are definitely not worth the higher premium being charged for.

Last edited by samabhi : 23rd July 2014 at 18:00. Reason: Adding more details.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:12   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Just one question: then why Amaze couldn't touch DZire?
Thats cause the numbers include the Dzire Tour. Honda doesnt sell to the taxi segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
acidkill,
First booking of Mobilio from team-bhp!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you.

One query, from your post it seems that E and S variants do not have ABS, Airbags, Rear AC, Power Windows, steering, ORVM.

Can you please check.

Thanks,
JLS
Thank you. i am sure that these features are only "all together" i.e. available in combination in the top end. Basically the airbag and rear wipe is only in the V version. ABS is available only in the top end of petrol, however it is available in all versions of diesel.

Last edited by acidkill : 23rd July 2014 at 18:19.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:35   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Variant Suggestion: V Version Only. Why, you ask? Because, for me, the exclusion of the below is a deal breaker. And only the V version has these all together

Congrats Acidkill on the booking !

Compared to the base version of Ertiga, is it correct that the base version of the Mobilio has the following plus points ?

- Power windows for the rear doors as well

- Seat recline adjustment for 2nd and 3rd rows

- Split seats for the 3rd row

- Air bags for the diesel base version

- And of course, the extra boot space

I wish someone could provide a complete feature by feature comparison table, while comparing the Mobilio with the Ertiga, would be very useful.
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:39   #221
BHPian

Was just looking around on what some of the new channels are saying about the Mobilio launch and pricing, just to get a non-enthusiasts point of view on this -

NDTV profit actually claims that Honda has launched the Mobilio with an aggressive price tag, and this has prompted Maruti to offer up to 85000 discount on Ertiga (that's 25 to 30 K cash and 50 to 55 K exchange bonus). The article's headline reads "Mobilio's Launch Forces Maruti to Offer Big Discounts on Ertiga"! Link to the source

Another article on Rushlane claims that there is a flat 30000 cash discount on all variants of the Ertiga, including the limited edition, as a result of the Mobilio launch, which increases the price differential between Mobilio and Ertiga further. Link to the source

@guruji, @n_naik - did you get this discount when you booked your car today? I know that a 15K cash discount + 1500 Corporate discount was going on for the Ertiga in Pune in the last month, not sure about the current state but I will surely check.

Quote:
Hi guys

Booked the Diesel Mobilio VMT today at Chennai! Shame there was no auto option otherwise would have purchased it blindly!

Am happy to take any questions guys. Just quote me or PM me I studied the whole segment before choosing this car. Ertiga, Innova, XUV, Duster , Scorpio, XYLO, Evalia. Sorry i dont do chevy tho.
@Acidkill, Many congratulations on your latest purchase! I will be eagerly waiting for your ownership review.

So when are you going to get the delivery for your car?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd July 2014 at 19:14. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:44   #222
BHPian

Wow! What a reaction we get to see today. I hope Honda Top management is reading every word mentioned on this forum. Nothing is right or wrong and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Following is a price comparison of all competitors in this space. I have also highlighted the price variance between all models with reference to Mobilio. Green indicates Mobilio is priced higher as compared to that model while Red indicates Mobilio is priced lower as compared to that model.

Name:  Mobilio.png
Views: 10185
Size:  31.0 KB

On one hand while we all are comparing pricing with Ertiga and believe that 1.27 lacs premium for top variant diesel is not justified for more space, better engine and better fuel efficiency, doesn't the price seem justified when compared with Innova where Mobilio is cheaper by a whopping 5 lacs. No doubt Innova is a superb product which offers better space, built, engine and features than Mobilio, but is'nt 5 lacs too much.

Someone jokingly mentioned that at the price of 1 Mobilio one can buy 3 Brio's. Would it justify if I was to say that at the price of 1 Innova I can get a Brio and a Mobilio? So for daily commute I can use Brio while for family outings I can use Mobilio.

I am in the market to buy Jazz and for me the pricing reference would be Polo and i20. I don't expect Honda to price Jazz closer to Swift just because it falls in the same competitive set or because it is a leader in its category. If anything, I expect Honda to price Jazz around 5.5 lacs which is a premium of 50k over Polo.

Will I buy it at that price? The answer is Yes because I see value in it. Someone who was to compare a Swift or a Bolt with Jazz will never buy one and Honda in the first place would never target those customers.

PS: No offense to anyone in the examples I cited. I am just trying to make an argument and take our discussion forward. Congrats to AcidKill on his buy

Last edited by damager21 : 23rd July 2014 at 18:50.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:47   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Thats cause the numbers include the Dzire Tour. Honda doesnt sell to the taxi segment.
I can understand when someone tries to defend their decision of a particular purchase. But closing someone's eye won't make the world in darkness.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:58   #224
BHPian

Thank you GTO and Mpower for a very detailed review. Rated the thread a well deserved 5star.

How I wish the 'Quanto' logic comes to this vehicle too . We will probably see a good competitor to 4 / 5* seater EcoSport.

Couldn't agree more to the point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other Points:
• One vehicle that ought to watch out for this new breed of monocoque MPVs is the expensive Innova. The Ertiga & Mobilio do 85% of what the Innova can at 65% of the price.
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:57   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
wonders. Here's where they both stand:

Mobilio E (petrol) = 6,49,000,
Mobilio S (petrol) = 7,50,000,
Mobilio V (petrol) = 8,76,000,
Mobilio E (diesel) = 7,89,000,
Mobilio S (diesel) = 8,60,000,
Mobilio V (diesel) = 9,76,000,
Mobilio RS (diesel) = 10,86,000

What was Honda thinking when they were deciding prices for the Mobilio?! I am just laughing off my chair.

"LOL" is an understatement.

Ertiga prices (taken from Car Dekho Website):

LXi - 5,80,228
VXi - 6,56,698
ZXi - 7,35,083

LDi - 7,22,630
VDi -7,85,539
ZDi - 8,49,416

The difference I see when I compare the Mobilio Petrol : Ertiga Petrol

LXi:E = 68,772
VXi:S = 93,302
ZXi:V = 1,40,917

LDi:E = 66,370
VDi:S = 1,90,461
ZDi:V = 2,36,584

ZDi in Ertiga equal to 'S' Diesel of Mobilio.

Maruti would be laughing to bank and now I see a facelift for Ertiga to secure their position in the UV segment.

Advantages of the Mobilio is just a decent engine and drive ability but seeing the prices the sales chart will be in water for the Honda. I can see another Jazz fate of the Mobilio. The UV segment is budding and very sensitive to prices and features with Maruti having a good hold now. Honda will be forced to give a price cut quick.

Now see the surge in sales for the Ertiga in the coming months Thanks to the great pricing of the Mobilio.

CONGRATULATIONS to all New Ertiga owners and PITY to all Mobilio owners.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd July 2014 at 20:00.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed