Old 5th January 2015, 19:30   #1621
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

[quote=Lobogris;3616640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

Wow!
I sold my Dec 2012 Vista VX in June 2014 for 3 lakhs with just 18K kms on it. How did you manage to get such a high resale value?
Dealer offered 2.6. Full service history was available with TASS.
Sold through Quikr for 2.7.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 10:22   #1622
Distinguished - BHPian

Cartoq sources report, via an exclusive scoop, that alloy wheels are no longer standard across the Zest range, and are now exclusive to the top variants only, starting from January 01st, 2015.

Also, Tata Motors has withdrawn the 333 Confidence Maintenance
Plan on the Zest as well.

Quote:
CarToq’s sources maintain that the alloy wheels are no longer standard on the Zest. Only the top end variants of the car get alloy wheels as standard kit from the January 1st, 2015.
Also, Tata Motors has withdrawn the 333 Confidence Maintenance Plan which entails a 3 year/45,000 kilometers free maintenance, 24X7 Roadside Assistance for 3 years and a 100,000 Kms warranty coverage for 3 years.
These plans are no longer free and the Zest buyer will have to fork out additional sums of money for them.
The rollback in excise duty cuts means that the price of the Zest could also see an increase shortly.
SOURCE - Cartoq
Old 7th January 2015, 17:03   #1623
BHPian

Did the PDI of my vehicle today.

Initially I was told I can do the PDI at the showroom, but later I was informed that the PDI has to be done at the yard itself! The SA informed that he can arrange for a driver and a vehicle from the showroom. I accepted this offer.

On reaching the showroom this morning, I was surprised to find no parking space outside the showroom, but realized soon that it was because of the two BOLTs parked in the regular parking slot.

Reached the yard after 1hour 15 minutes drive and started the PDI. I made a few observations. I need assistance from members here to understnad if this is normal.

1. Paint chip-off in two areas - is this common?
Tata Zest : Official Review-paint-chip-off-bonnet.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-paint-chip-off-near-tail-lamp.jpg
2. Severe scratches on mirror assembly inner cover.
Tata Zest : Official Review-mirror-assembly-inner-cover.jpg
3. Left hand side door mis-alignment - why does this happen? I checked couple of other Zests parked in the yard and they did not seem to have this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-door-misalignment.jpg  

Old 7th January 2015, 17:18   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Cartoq sources report, via an exclusive scoop, that alloy wheels are no longer standard across the Zest range, and are now exclusive to the top variants only, starting from January 01st, 2015.

Also, Tata Motors has withdrawn the 333 Confidence Maintenance
Plan on the Zest as well.

SOURCE - Cartoq
Have they raised prices now that the tax sops have been withdrawn? If not then they have to cut costs somehow.
Old 7th January 2015, 17:20   #1625
Senior - BHPian

@vasanthn21

Issues do not look major, but check in detail

1) Paint chipping - touch up will solve the issue, but check whether any of those body parts are still touching with others during operation.

2) Severe scratches on mirror assembly inner cover - Ask them to change the cover. How come car interior part has hard water marks?

3) Left hand side door mis-alignment - Check for any sign of repair/paint job. Touch and feel the surface, open the door beading and check for signs of repair/paint work.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 17:33   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@vasanthn21

1) Paint chipping - touch up will solve the issue, but check whether any of those body parts are still touching with others during operation..
Touch up has been promised, need to check the outcome before delivery. And, no parts are touching during operation - checked.

Quote:
2) Severe scratches on mirror assembly inner cover - Ask them to change the cover. How come car interior part has hard water marks?
Again, a replacement is promised. Need to confirm replacement before taking delivery. My guess on the water marks is that it is due to a hurried cleaning. The car has been in the yard for at least a month and must have had a thick layer of dust over it till this morning (as seen on other cars in the yard today). The wash job was a hurried one and they had not cleaned it properly. I am hoping it will be cleaned properly before the final delivery.

Quote:
3) Left hand side door mis-alignment - Check for any sign of repair/paint job. Touch and feel the surface, open the door beading and check for signs of repair/paint work.
Did try to check this with my limited knowledge. There were no signs of repair, paint etc. Will ask the showroom folks to remove the beading and check again before taking delivery.

Another observation was regarding the fuel tank lid. It doesn't fit correctly and seems to bulge out on one corner. On checking with the employees present there, I was told that this is how it is on all Zests. Did not get a chance to verify this on other cars.
Tata Zest : Official Review-imag3557.jpg

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 7th January 2015 at 17:35.
Old 7th January 2015, 18:20   #1627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Have they raised prices now that the tax sops have been withdrawn? If not then they have to cut costs somehow.
A price hike has also been effected. The quantum of the price hike is yet to be officially announced, though.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Hyundai Motor India Ltd, Honda Cars India Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd have increased prices by between Rs.6,000 and Rs.1.3 lakh, depending on the model.

A Tata Motors spokeswoman said the company had raised prices but did not provide the extent of the increase.
Details - Live Mint
Old 7th January 2015, 23:42   #1628

In bangalore the concord SA confirmed yesterday that XT petrol is going to cost atleast 20k extra now. Also seems the 333 confidence maintenance plan will be withdrawn starting 1st of Feb. Bad news for those planning to buy Zest in new year :(
Old 8th January 2015, 07:45   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Did the PDI of my vehicle today.

Initially I was told I can do the PDI at the showroom, but later I was informed that the PDI has to be done at the yard itself! The SA informed that he can arrange for a driver and a vehicle from the showroom. I accepted this offer.

On reaching the showroom this morning, I was surprised to find no parking space outside the showroom, but realized soon that it was because of the two BOLTs parked in the regular parking slot.

Reached the yard after 1hour 15 minutes drive and started the PDI. I made a few observations. I need assistance from members here to understnad if this is normal.

1. Paint chip-off in two areas - is this common?
Attachment 1325048
Attachment 1325049
2. Severe scratches on mirror assembly inner cover.
Attachment 1325050
3. Left hand side door mis-alignment - why does this happen? I checked couple of other Zests parked in the yard and they did not seem to have this problem.

Don't accept the car and ask for another car to be assigned to you is the simple answer!
Old 8th January 2015, 12:00   #1630
BHPian

I don't understand why they withdrew alloys on all variants. I thought this was a good, market changing move. Like when Bajaj started offering alloys on all pulsars as standard, the market had to adjust and everyone started offering. Same with Disk brakes and electric start in bikes.
Old 8th January 2015, 13:38   #1631
Senior - BHPian

I would be happy if they introduce ABS and Airbags standard across all variants instead of alloy wheels.

ABS is already available in 4 out of 5 variants (ie. except base XE variant)
Dual airbags are available in 2 out of 5 variants now

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th January 2015 at 13:42.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 13:48   #1632
Senior - BHPian

I definitely foresee discounts/offers in the region of around 20-25k on the Zest starting March atleast. Its difficult to sustain even the current sales figures of around 3000 per month with the price hike and withdrawal of features no matter how good the car is.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 14:02   #1633
BHPian

I feel Tata should NOT withdraw the 333 Confidence Maintenance Plan. Tata does not score high in reliability perception and offering the maintenance plan as a standard package would have boosted buyer confidence in the product.

The removal of alloy wheels from lower variants can take care of the margins.

Also as many of the members have suggested, they should start make ABS+Airbags as standard for all versions.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 14:06   #1634
BHPian

Booked the Beige RT XT on 31st Dec for the old price, From Concorde Prabhadevi.
Recommend the SA - Imran very helpful & patient.

I was busy the whole of December in a family wedding and as a result was unaware of the price hike & 333 offer being stopped.

Rushed on 31st only to find out that my first choice Red was not available only Beige was available.

Waiting for my loan to disburse.

I have a question
If for some unfortunate reason my car has issues and I want a replacement, And TATA agrees, will the new car fall under the increased Excise ?
The SA says no but wanted to confirm.

Also on making the down payment what documents should I receive?

- Slick
Old 8th January 2015, 22:37   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Don't accept the car and ask for another car to be assigned to you is the simple answer!
Too late for that now Vehicle is already registered in my name as of today. Will get delivery this Saturday. Hope they resolve all issues reported during PDI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks