Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2016, 14:49   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Lately my mom who sits on the back seat, near to the fuel tank lid side, has complaint that she smells petrol most times while getting in and out of the car. Iam not sure if this is normal ? Has someone else experienced this before ?

I haven't experienced this, it is not normal, and is a cause for concern.

First check if the pump fellows shut the fuel cap (inside one) properly. If it is, then it is best taken to the ASC for diagnosis and rectification at the earliest. I cannot offer suggestions on the technical issues, so leave that to more knowledgeable members.

Do update the solution once fixed for the benefit of the broader audience.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 15:13   #2402
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
My Zest XT Revotron has now done almost 18K Kms. With a few niggles here and there ofcourse. Lately my mom who sits on the back seat, near to the fuel tank lid side, has complaint that she smells petrol most times while getting in and out of the car. Iam not sure if this is normal ? Has someone else experienced this before ? And is there a cause for concern, in which case i need to get it checked.
I had a petrol smell issue inside the cabin when I took delivery. Every time the car was in heavy traffic & I accelerated the car frequently, petrol smell would come into the cabin. It took a few months to diagnose, then the service company fixed it. It was some kind of a leak. But Tata service denied it a few times before I escalated it & one patient service advisor finally found it.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 16:52   #2403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I haven't experienced this, it is not normal, and is a cause for concern.

First check if the pump fellows shut the fuel cap (inside one) properly. If it is, then it is best taken to the ASC for diagnosis and rectification at the earliest. I cannot offer suggestions on the technical issues, so leave that to more knowledgeable members.

Do update the solution once fixed for the benefit of the broader audience.
It's possible that the fuel guage cap / cover might be loose / got unfixed, where the smell comes from. It's position is usually under the rear seat, where the fuel tank is and that's where the fuel pipes terminate.
Old 10th March 2016, 11:31   #2404
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I put fuel in the car day before yesterday, and specifically checked to make sure the lid is closed properly. Now in the past 3 days, from what i have observed, no smell as of now.

Still plan to get it checked.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Old 10th March 2016, 17:31   #2405
BHPian

No offense to the existing owners. My two cents...Tata Motors should stop the production of Zest (don't even think of selling it as Cab), and replace it with Kite5 with 4-cyl engines and all the bells and whistles. They can call it the ALL NEW ZEST. It will be a major leap design wise.

My opinion is something similar to what Honda did back in 2008. They came up with ANHC that took the market by storm. A completely new design compared to the Dolphin one.

Will this work? As existing Zest owners, you guys are in best position to answer. Would you like to see Kite5 as the new Zest?

MODS: Since it is Zest related, I thought to put up my query here. Do edit if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-cbqumapwwaahdl_.jpg  

Last edited by keeprevving : 10th March 2016 at 17:34.
keeprevving is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:54   #2406
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
No offense to the existing owners. My two cents...Tata Motors should stop the production of Zest (don't even think of selling it as Cab), and replace it with Kite5 with 4-cyl engines and all the bells and whistles. They can call it the ALL NEW ZEST.
While both the Kite 5 and Zest measure ~ 4m in terms of length, the Zest appears to have much more interior room, as it's substantially wider and has a more conventional roof that offers better headroom. The interior volume of the Zest is bound to be much more than that of Kite 5, going by reviews of the Zica/Tiago.

Zest was meant to be a Manza replacement. Kite 5 is meant to replace the Indigo CS for private buyers. There is enough space for the Zest & Kite 5 to co-exist.

I completely agree with you on the engines, though. The 1193cc 90 PS Revotron and 1248cc 75 PS Quadrajet four-bangers are the best engine options for the Kite 5, even if it leads to some overlap with the Zest.

Kite 5's unique rear design is the best among all sub-4m compact sedans. This should act as a big draw to pull in customers. Tata must equip it with 4-cylinder engines and fast forward the launch.

Last edited by RSR : 10th March 2016 at 19:57.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 17:26   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Zest would make an excellent taxi vehicle.

It will most probably be positioned as 'premium' cab ala Etios, Dzire etc. both by the Tata and the operators.
It is good if Zest gets introduced in commercial segment. This will ensure the availability of spares, especially for those which are unique to Zest. (The spares common with Vista/Manza are anyways available.)

Also, the current low sales also means low visibility on the roads which gives an impression of a failed product to the public. This will severely impact the resale price.
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 18:11   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Tata Motors should stop the production of Zest (don't even think of selling it as Cab), and replace it with Kite5 with 4-cyl engines and all the bells and whistles. They can call it the ALL NEW ZEST.
On What I agree with you and many others is need of more powerful engine for Kite-5 sedan. (Which is off-track for this thread though)

What I don't agree about is replace It with Zest brand. The only reason behind this is that Zest brand itself is not yet established, instead it would be batter to create completely new brand. Being an owner myself I have personal experience. As I stated earlier, I don't see any issue as an owner if they introduce in commercial segment. I have many times travelled in current generation Dzire as Ola Mini and Uber basic category cab.

Sorry to go a bit off-track but after Breeza launch, personally I believe that TATA must launch Nexon based compact SUV almost at current Zest prices.
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:33   #2409
BHPian

Hello,
This is my first post in Team-BHP.
First of all, thanks a ton to all Team-BHPians for sharing your experiences in this community. It helped me greatly when buying my first car - Tata Zest XMS (Petrol-Revotron). It was delivered on 26th Feb 2016. PDI list from Team-BHP website was very very useful. And so was all other detailed information on bargaining with dealers, insurance etc.
Bought it from KHT motors, Domlur in Bangalore. Buying experience was smooth. Car color is Buzz Blue. So far car is riding well and have clocked about 550kms including a trip to Mysore last weekend. Car performed well both in bumper-to-bumper traffic in city and in the highway. So far, I'm happy and satisfied with the car. Will post pictures in my next post.
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 12:40   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hello,
It helped me greatly when buying my first car - Tata Zest XMS (Petrol-Revotron). It was delivered on 26th Feb 2016.
Congratulations on buying new car.
How much did it cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
So far, I'm happy and satisfied with the car. Will post pictures in my next post.
It would be a good idea to start an ownership review which will help fellow members in making an informed choice.
Wish you happy miles ahead!
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 18:50   #2411

Does the gold AMC covers the expense of engine oil/top-up ?
I am being told that apart from tyres and batteries, all other mechanical parts are covered.
Is that true ?

The cost is around 17k and it is valid for 3 years.
What do you guys advise.
Old 17th March 2016, 20:12   #2412
BHPian

1.5 years. 32,000 kms. My Zest XMS QJD. So far, so good. Other than the initial mud in engine bay issue which was corrected at my first service, no other niggles so far. All nuts, bolts, screws and glue holding up fine, in spite of repeated warnings from my well wishing friends and relatives that everything should give away by the end of first year. My mileage tank to tank method, the last time I checked was around 21. MID shows average fuel efficiency of 20.6 kms over my last 5800 kms. Happy.
mobydick1983 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 20:49   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
Congratulations on buying new car.
How much did it cost you?

It would be a good idea to start an ownership review which will help fellow members in making an informed choice.
Wish you happy miles ahead!
Thank you Carbhaari.
Approx. 7 lakhs on the road (thanks to 15.54% road tax in Bengaluru) -- including artificial leather seat covers and reverse parking sensors.
Yes. Will start ownership review in a month's time. Once again thanks.
Old 17th March 2016, 22:50   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadilicious View Post
Does the gold AMC covers the expense of engine oil/top-up ?
I am being told that apart from tyres and batteries, all other mechanical parts are covered.
Is that true ?

The cost is around 17k and it is valid for 3 years.
What do you guys advise.
Absolutely advised.
It costs less than 6k a year.

Even if you count a regular service every year it would still be worth every penny.
And it genuinely covers almost every part except tyres and batteries and electronics.
I was on a 5 year Gold AMC.
Wiper blades, clutch plate, brake pads... All covered under AMC.
Changed without a charge of a single penny.
Not even labour.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 19:27   #2415
BHPian

Drove my Zest 1850 kms last week through Mumbai - Goa - Bangalore - Chennai over 4 days.

Average mileage around 14.5 kmpl, as I used Sports mode a lot & full AC and love driving with a heavy foot. The Sports mode is totally addictive, is superb to overtake & great on inclines.

Car pulled at highway speeds and even took on the Ghats easily. Loved the drive, silent, smooth & utterly comfortable. Will be doing Chennai - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Mumbai next week.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th April 2016 at 13:33. Reason: Please refrain from mentions of speeding in your posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks