Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 10:44   #2506
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
I was going through the zest broucher, it says zest has ABS and CSC (corner stability control). But it doesn't say it has ESP.
Correct. The Zest doesn't have the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) module, only the CSC (Corner Stability Control) module. It is basically a subset of ESP, which keeps the car stable by increasing brake pressure to the inner wheels (according to input) when the car goes through a hard cornering maneuver.

ESP as a whole is not offered in cars made to a budget. It's fantastic that Tata is offering even the CSC in the Zest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
I would also like to know which cars in india has ESP.
Recommended reads:

ESC in Indian Cars

ESC on Wikipedia
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:31   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
There is a big difference between EPS and ESP. The former stands for Electric Power Steering, while the later stands for Electronic Stability Program. The Zest certainly has EPS.

Thank you Aditya. My bad. I was thinking of EPS as ESP. That clarifies things for me. Tata zest doesn't have ESP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Correct. The Zest doesn't have the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) module, only the CSC (Corner Stability Control) module. It is basically a subset of ESP, which keeps the car stable by increasing brake pressure to the inner wheels (according to input) when the car goes through a hard cornering maneuver.

ESP as a whole is not offered in cars made to a budget. It's fantastic that Tata is offering even the CSC in the Zest.

Recommended reads:

ESC in Indian Cars

ESC on Wikipedia

Thank you RavenAvi. You clarified my doubt.
Thanks for the links. However, you-tube is blocked in my network here. Will be visiting the links at night.
phynix123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 16:06   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Zest facelift, currently in development and scheduled for a mid-2017 launch, could see the inclusion of a petrol AMT variant, according to Motor Octane's sources.

Quote:
Tata Zest facelift is in the making, and the company is looking at getting the AMT version on the petrol engine. The Zest petrol is currently available with a five-speed manual, soon it will be getting an AMT on the petrol too. This will be a five-speed AMT that will be manufactured by Magneti-Mirelli.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:02   #2509
BHPian

has someone used zest body kit ? is it available in market ?
I also heard that 16 inch wheel also available from TATA for the zest, is it true ?
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:04   #2510
BHPian

Friends, Plan to book ZestXTA this month. Read somewhere that all new zests come with the 8 spoke alloys. I don't like the 18 spike ones which is currently coming with XTA. Can someone please confirm?
Old 4th July 2016, 11:07   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Friends, Plan to book ZestXTA this month. Read somewhere that all new zests come with the 8 spoke alloys. I don't like the 18 spike ones which is currently coming with XTA. Can someone please confirm?
In 2014 when Zest was launched, XT variant came with 8 spoke alloys and other variants (XE, XM, XMS, XMA) came with 18 spoke alloys.
From January 2015, only XT came with 18 spoke alloys and other variants came with steel wheels. Later when XTA was launched it also came with 18 spoke alloys.

If you like 8 spoke alloys, I would suggest you to ask dealer to change those with Bolt alloys (which is still offered with 8 spoke alloys). Bolt alloys are black ones and look awesome.

Check below link for Bolt Alloys:
Bolt_Alloys

Image source: Motoroids
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:20   #2512
BHPian

First minor glitch in my Tata Zest at 18 months, 15K kms.

I hadnt used the car for 6 weeks having been abroad. The AC wouldnt cool at all yesterday. Today it works just fine.

Funny one, will be watching if it repeats itself.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 13:05   #2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
First minor glitch in my Tata Zest at 18 months, 15K kms.

I hadnt used the car for 6 weeks having been abroad. The AC wouldnt cool at all yesterday. Today it works just fine.

Funny one, will be watching if it repeats itself.
Had a similar unexplained glitch with my Bolt. The remote locking just refused to respond after the car was not used for about 3 weeks. Called Tata Breakdown service since I don't want to muanually unlock and set off the alarm system. They dispatched a TVS chap who unlocked manually and the remote started working after that.
Old 4th July 2016, 15:48   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherisam View Post
Had a similar unexplained glitch with my Bolt. The remote locking just refused to respond after the car was not used for about 3 weeks. Called Tata Breakdown service since I don't want to muanually unlock and set off the alarm system. They dispatched a TVS chap who unlocked manually and the remote started working after that.
This apparently is a weird sort of "feature" when the car is unused for a length of time (which is unspecified or unknown).

I had the same problem, but after opening the door manually and setting off the alarm the remote key started working again normally, and has done so ever since for close to a year now without trouble. The car has been used regularly since that incident though.

I have spoken to the service centre, and they are aware of this "issue" but there is no fix as such for it. I'm not bothered now because I know what to do in future, but I wish they'd explain this to new customers to prepare them in advance.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:23   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
This apparently is a weird sort of "feature" when the car is unused for a length of time (which is unspecified or unknown).

I had the same problem, but after opening the door manually and setting off the alarm the remote key started working again normally, and has done so ever since for close to a year now without trouble. The car has been used regularly since that incident though.

I have spoken to the service centre, and they are aware of this "issue" but there is no fix as such for it. I'm not bothered now because I know what to do in future, but I wish they'd explain this to new customers to prepare them in advance.
Could this be some sort of power saving feature that prevents the battery from draining by putting the security system on standby mode. The act of opening the door physically activates the door open switch and reactivates the alarm. If it is, it's a smart idea. But it's stupid not to have documented this feature in the user manual.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:29   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Could this be some sort of power saving feature that prevents the battery from draining by putting the security system on standby mode. The act of opening the door physically activates the door open switch and reactivates the alarm. If it is, it's a smart idea. But it's stupid not to have documented this feature in the user manual.
The alarm getting deactivated after a certain number of days not being used would be an open invitation to car thieves:-) In any case, the alarm indicator on the dashboard was actively blinking even while the remote was acting up. I'd also called up the service advisor at Concorde before calling the helpline and he was considering all the possibilities from a malfunctioning sensor to battery drain
cherisam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:50   #2517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The alarm getting deactivated after a certain number of days not being used would be an open invitation to car thieves:-) In any case, the alarm indicator on the dashboard was actively blinking even while the remote was acting up. I'd also called up the service advisor at Concorde before calling the helpline and he was considering all the possibilities from a malfunctioning sensor to battery drain
What was meant was the remote getting deactivated after remaining idle for a few days. This could be a remote power saving feature. From what I have inferred, the car's alarm system was doing its duty diligently all this while. So the car should be safe.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 17:44   #2518
BHPian

Guys, any update on Mileage? I've only done 5000 Kms in 1.4 years and the mileage I get is still around 10-12 Kmpl in City driving. Some says its my driving habit, but with the same driving habit, Dzire gave over 15kmpl on the same road. That's a huge difference IMO.
Old 5th July 2016, 08:34   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Guys, any update on Mileage? I've only done 5000 Kms in 1.4 years and the mileage I get is still around 10-12 Kmpl in City driving. Some says its my driving habit, but with the same driving habit, Dzire gave over 15kmpl on the same road. That's a huge difference IMO.
My friend's Zest RT gives <9 kmpl as his commute is just from his home to office, 2 KMs each way. Engine never gets to its optimum running temperature. This is one factor.
And, DZire is just too light weight to compare to the Zest.
Old 5th July 2016, 09:01   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Owner of Zest XMS Revotron here. I've done 3600kms in 4 months. Here is my 2 cents.
Mileage in Bangalore city traffic: 12-13 kmpl
Mileage in highways: 17-19 kmpl
(these are based on tankful-to-tankful method; not based on MID)
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks