Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 14:24   #2776

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I had faced the exact same issue on my Bolt XT. Intermittent no audio both on FM, Bluetooth and calls. I too had to do a factory reset to get the issue resolved and the frequency of the issue was on an upward curve. Guess what did the trick. A change of the car battery !. Well i had my battery changed as it refused to crank one day. And ever since no issues at all on the Harman. May be its time to get the battery checked. I had my battery changed in just over 2 years ! on a side note, my key-fob battery gave away too and had that changed as well.

Hope it helps !
Thank you so much! I got the battery changed and everything's working fine now.
sandyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 15:22   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyboy View Post
Thank you so much! I got the battery changed and everything's working fine now.
Thats very nice to hear ! The harman system is not just a dumb infotainment system but it has some amount of system integration on it as well. Controlling non-infotainment stuff such as central locking, lights etc.

Can you tell me how long did your battery last ? And did it solve your starting issue as well ?
Old 13th February 2018, 15:32   #2778

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Thats very nice to hear ! The harman system is not just a dumb infotainment system but it has some amount of system integration on it as well. Controlling non-infotainment stuff such as central locking, lights etc.

Can you tell me how long did your battery last ? And did it solve your starting issue as well ?
My Zest is an October 2014 model. So a little over 3 years. That starting issue is also solved. It was definitely due to battery because pushing the car and trying to start did it in 1 go. Now the car cranks up on every try :-)
Old 28th February 2018, 11:21   #2779
BHPian

Can someone with a November 2014/similar time touchscreen variant Zest confirm if they are able to connect through tata app and mirror navimaps on the screen ? Is any software update required ?
Old 1st March 2018, 16:30   #2780
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Zest since October, 2014. It has clocked 71,000 km till date.

But for the instances where a/c malfunctioning was for a few minutes within the first service period, the vehicle is fine.

After Reading the posts, I wonder whether I should sell it. Pronto!!

Tata should have provided a 60 mAh battery with Zest diesel. My diesel Zest battery was bonkers within almost 2 years. I bought a 55 mAh.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2018 at 17:58. Reason: typo
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:22   #2781
BHPian

Got 3rd service for my Zest (Petrol) done last week. Vehicle is 2 years old. ODO reading 20,030kms. No niggles or problems to report. Only regular maintenance jobs.

Items replaced/Jobs performed: Fuel filter, Engine air filter, Engine oil filter, Engine oil (Castrol Magnatec Semi-synth 5W30), Brake oil, Transmission oil, Coolant, Spark plugs, AC cleaning, Lubrication of door hinges, Brake pads and linings were inspected and found to be in good shape.

Labor costs = Rs.0 (last free service)
Total cost: Rs.6400

I was with the vehicle the entire time (about 1.5 to 2 hours) and the mechanics did not complain.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the work done and efficiency of the mechanics.

Service Center: KHT Prime, Whitefield, near Decathlon/MLR Convention center. They have moved here recently and started servicing Tata cars from 19th Feb 2018 only.

link
srvm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 19:07   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

The Zest Premio - a dual-tone Special Edition with new alloy pattern coming soon.

Tata Zest : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:31   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the headlamps do not have Projectors, looks like headlamps from the base model. But otherwise looks nice!
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:05   #2784
BHPian

Does zest amt will make sense to buy? I'm looking for a diesel+auto combo, n no Maruti as of now.
Old 5th March 2018, 10:48   #2785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Zest Premio - a dual-tone Special Edition with new alloy pattern coming soon.
Pics credit Bimal Modi.

Tata Zest : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:19   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Guys I just posted this (The Curse of the "Taxi" Badge) about my recent experiences with Zest in another thread.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:27   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pics credit Bimal Modi.
Thanks for sharing.
  • Seems to be based on the mid spec variant. XMS (with Airbags)
  • Touchscreen from the top-end also seems to be included.
  • Good to see no tacky graphics pasted.
  • Mixed emotions on seeing the orange-tan interior. (bugatti inspired )
  • Contrast black highlights on Roof, Headlamp, ORVM, Bootlid and Wheel caps.
    (IMO would have looked better on a lighter body shade viz.White/Silver/Beige instead of the grey.)
Remains to be seen how much price increase would be there in this edition. (as they have named the edition after a rather expensive Toyota Sedan)

OT. Photos are taken quite early or at end of day, can't fathom so much dust on a show-room floor!
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:50   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has launched the Zest Premio Special Edition at Rs 7.53 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Tata Zest : Official Review-press05mar18landing1.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-press05mar18landing2.jpg

Official Press Release:

Quote:
Tata Motors today added a premium touch to its ZEST range by introducing the ZEST Premio – a special edition car with 13 new features. With more than 85,000 Tata ZESTS having found happy owners all around the country, the ZEST Premio comes as a special edition to celebrate the success. It will be on sale from 1st March 2018 at a starting price of INR 7.53L for the diesel version (ex-showroom Delhi) across all Tata Motors sales outlets, in India.

According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, “We are extremely delighted to introduce the special edition of ZEST with a fresh and energetic look and are confident that this will attract our customers for its value proposition. Being the only compact sedan to be awarded 4 stars in safety by Global NCAP, the ZEST continues to provide its customers with enhanced value offering. With more than 85,000 happy customers, Tata ZEST has proven to be a loved brand and with this new special edition ZEST, we expect to strike a new chord with the young and aspirant customers. We will continue to gauge changing customer preferences and keep introducing new features in our best-in-class products to give our customers enhanced value offering.”

The ZEST Premio debuts with a host of first-in-segment premium features like dual tone roof in glossy black, piano black hued outside mirrors on the exterior, and a chic tan finished mid pad on the dashboard in the interior. Two handsome exterior colours – Titanium Grey and Platinum Silver – provide an excellent platform to highlight the exquisite finishes added to the ZEST Premio. The exterior appearance is further enhanced with smoked multi-reflector headlamps and a piano black hood strip at the front to accompany the elegant dual tone bumper. At the rear, a piano black boot lid garnish complements the Premio special edition badge. The wheels are embellished with proud silver wheel covers. As a final flourish, buyers can add a piano black spoiler as an optional accessory.

Under the hood, the ZEST Premio is equipped with the famed, reliable, 1.3L, 4 cylinder, BS IV Quadrajet, common rail, turbodiesel engine, putting out 75PS power and 190 Nm torque. The engine is paired with a 5 speed manual transmission. The urbane interior benefits from new premium seat fabric with contrast stitching and Premio branding, which is carefully colour co-ordinated with the strikingly finished tan mid pad. Entertainment and great sound quality are assured by our renowned ConnectNext touchscreen infotainment system by HarmanTM, with phone based apps including Navigation addressing the ever-evolving connectivity needs of our customers.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th March 2018 at 13:07. Reason: added official press release.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 22:10   #2789
BHPian

Zest Premio brochure and in a first for a TATA car crash test ratings are mentioned.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf zest_premio_brochure.pdf (382.3 KB, 436 views)

Last edited by damodar : 5th March 2018 at 22:12.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 22:29   #2790
Senior - BHPian

To add onto the NCAP testing of 4 above, zest has been tested in person head-on with a bus. You can see the results yourself. Looking at the impact, believe the occupants escaped unscathed. Thanks to Tata as they are building cars like tanks. Recent instances of a Tiago and Nexon are a testimony for the outstanding build quality the Tata cars are equipped with! They are setting examples for others as well. Tata is driving hard to get back in the race and their average of late is showing out excellent way to go Tata

Source: Rushlane shared post on FB
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-d645ef5b4e8343cab5ddfabd19dcdbb0.jpeg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-c9949dcafed94b40a457d2c1ae1fc43d.jpeg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-3dd9bcce07264fc094d0204a61b91b66.jpeg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-2946f744ba464ad9a9bbeac96f9398d7.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks