Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2019, 11:15   #2866
BANNED

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufazzal123 View Post
Hello Guys,

My requirements are : Low tyre noise, Good braking in both dry and wet (mostly wet, can compramise little on dry), better handling.
Good to have : Fuel economy.

I am not planning to change or upgrade from my existing 185/60 R15's but again any experience and feedback would be welcome.
Go for Michelin XM2. Using them for the past 34,000 kms, very good tires. All your requirements will be checked. I migrated to Michelins after using Bridgestones, and Accelera (some Indonesian tire), and I can from the bottom of my heart say that the extra amount invested on these tires are the best investment I ever did. These tires transform the car’s character to a different level especially on tire noise, wet and dry grip.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:39   #2867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Go for Michelin XM2. Using them for the past 34,000 kms, very good tires. All your requirements will be checked. I migrated to Michelins after using Bridgestones, and Accelera (some Indonesian tire), and I can from the bottom of my heart say that the extra amount invested on these tires are the best investment I ever did. These tires transform the car’s character to a different level especially on tire noise, wet and dry grip.
Wow that is 2+ for the Michelin's already.
If you don't mind can I know the cost you purchased at.
Old 11th February 2019, 11:56   #2868
BANNED

Quote:
Wow that is 2+ for the Michelin's already.
If you don't mind can I know the cost you purchased at.
It was around 2 years back and I think it was in the range of ₹5,900 for 195/60/15 section tires. The alignment and balancing was free.
Old 11th February 2019, 12:00   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
It was around 2 years back and I think it was in the range of ₹5,900 for 195/60/15 section tires. The alignment and balancing was free.
Ok, So you upgraded from 185/60 to 195/60?
if yes, what are the noticeable differences in doing that upgrade. I guess your fuel economy would slide, but then by what %.
Old 11th February 2019, 13:39   #2870
BANNED

Quote:
Ok, So you upgraded from 185/60 to 195/60?
if yes, what are the noticeable differences in doing that upgrade. I guess your fuel economy would slide, but then by what %.
Mine is a Honda City, upgraded from 175/65/15 to 195/60/15 with 6.5J alloys. The handling, and braking improved a lot. The cornering ability reached new heights. The fuel efficiency that I was getting before was 15kmpl and now it is 14.2kmpl. My driving style is a little different, love to rev match downshift, hence gear shifts will be more when I drive. In addition to that, I live in Kerala where most of the roads are having lot of twisties but mostly a smooth surface. Want an example??, see below.

Old 11th February 2019, 13:47   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a Honda City, upgraded from 175/65/15 to 195/60/15 with 6.5J alloys.
=====
Want an example??, see below.
Great, So if you upgraded from 175/65 to 195/60 and still lost a little on average I guess Mine would not be that much noticeable considering I would be going from 185/60 to 195/60. (Presently getting 22kmpl)

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th February 2019 at 13:48. Reason: Removing Youtube link and trimming post. Thanks.
Old 11th February 2019, 14:02   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Great, So if you upgraded from 175/65 to 195/60 and still lost a little on average I guess Mine would not be that much noticeable considering I would be going from 185/60 to 195/60. (Presently getting 22kmpl)

Another tyre you should have a look at is the underrated Goodyear Assurance TripleMax. These came default on my Bolt and I have already replaced a pair. Low noise, good grip and good ride quality and very decent pricing. Do check them out !
coldice4u is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 14:57   #2873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Another tyre you should have a look at is the underrated Goodyear Assurance TripleMax. These came default on my Bolt and I have already replaced a pair. Low noise, good grip and good ride quality and very decent pricing. Do check them out !
Great, another option to check. Will see if I can get any info on this.
Old 11th February 2019, 23:31   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Trust me, when we drive stock cars with stock tires we don't face any problems. I am a no scorcher of tarmac but I do maintain speeds between 80-100.

My usual drive and 95 % of the 86 K of it is on usual or confirming roads, I never felt the car step out of its line. Mind you, I am a guy with moderate skill.

Never did I feel the tires were inadequate.

Tyre life was adequate. At 86 K, they should run another 10 K.

In more than 6 lakh kilometers of driving, I don't recollect but a couple of instances of panic
braking., without any ABS..

Lucky Me. That was a Fact.

Last edited by simplyself : 11th February 2019 at 23:41.
Old 11th February 2019, 23:44   #2875
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Never did I feel the tires were inadequate.

Tyre life was adequate. At 86 K, they should run another 10 K.
You will never know until you try. You could make a call with ₹900 mobile phone as well as a smart phone. But once you start using smart phone you will get to know what was actually missing in the normal phone. I am not saying using a cheaper tire will make a car uncontrollable, but there are some things which can be only felt once you use it.

Note: there are 1st gen fluidic Verna owners out there who still don’t understand when I tell them “your car’s steering is lifeless”.

Last edited by pavi : 11th February 2019 at 23:56.
Old 12th February 2019, 13:17   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
You will never know until you try. You could make a call with ₹900 mobile phone as well as a smart phone. But once you start using smart phone you will get to know what was actually missing in the normal phone. I am not saying using a cheaper tire will make a car uncontrollable, but there are some things which can be only felt once you use it.

Note: there are 1st gen fluidic Verna owners out there who still don’t understand when I tell them “your car’s steering is lifeless”.
Couldn't agree more, I never felt the stock Bridgestones were inadequate in any way- Avg, Control, noise. But then I haven't tried anything else, so I have a choice continue with the same or take a calculated decision based on the experience/ Feedback from my fellow bhpians to try something different.

I have been a silent reader for long , so I am liking this exchange of thoughts.
Old 12th February 2019, 20:43   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a Honda City, ... Want an example??, see below.
Sorry for going OT, isn't that the road from Kuruvamoozhy to Ponkunnam?

This particular area has some of the best roads in Kerala, thanks to Sabarimala.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2019 at 20:50. Reason: Removing youtube video from quoted post :)
anoop.u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 19:38   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

So my Zest quadrajet has completed almost 66k and its time for changing the tyres. There is still some tread left but I can feel a drop in the performance of the vehicle (major tyre noise, braking is not confidence inspiring, turning and what not).

Did a wheel balancing yesterday and the adviser also recommended to change the tyres. So my question is which one should I go to, presently being Bridgstone B250.

In August 2018, I got four JK-UX1Tyres for my TataZest XTA paying Rs.4600-00 for each tire.

I opted for the slight upsize of 195/60R15 which increased the GC by a bit, and provides better grip than the 185 stock section.

My stock B250 tires died early at 25thousand kms with multiple punctures.

After a good 8000+ kms and constantly inflated with Nitrogen at 34psi, Here are my observations:

* Good comfort
* Improved grip around the corners
* Faster and effective braking
* Less or no Noise
* Smooth ride
* Compatible with all road conditions - wet, dry concrete /tar roads and gravel
* Gives you the confidence to go anywhere.
* Value for money
* Looks good, fits the wheel well of the Zest perfectly.
* Deep treads and #design.
* No acquaplaning.
* SpeedRating 92V - highest rated for a 195/60 R15 in India.
* Handles bad broken roads of India with ease.
* Made in India Tires for the Made in India Tata Zest.
* Negligible drop in mileage; none actually.

Same model UX1 of JK tyre was tested extensively by Audi for recommending this tyre as a stock tyre for Audi. This tyre is said to have High Strength-extra flexible sidewall resulting for unmatched ride comfort. Ideal for luxurycars – Audi, BMW and Mercedes etc. Including TataZest.

I have completed some 8k on JK UX1 tyres on my Zest and so far they still look like new.

Jk UX1 has humungous grooves - I'm sure it'll last very long - those are biggest tread depths I've seen on any tyre.

And superb grip at all speeds and however deep is the curve, with instant stopping capability.

92V rating - absolute highest load index in this category.

Plus they come with 3 years unconditional warranty.

I definitely Recommend JKtyre UX1 for Tata Zest and all cars too.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with JK tyre or any dealer and this is not a commercial post.

Few links for further reading:

* https://www.drivespark.com/tyres/jk-...95-60-r15-585/

* https://motorbash.com/jk-tyre-launch...1-tyres-india/

Last edited by Samurai : 21st February 2019 at 00:18. Reason: typo
yogesa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 20:58   #2879
BHPian

I did a mumbai trip (started at 5.30 am and returned back at 8 pm) yesterday in a zest taxi. It was a base model dual fuel (petrol / CNG) and had done 98000 kms.

That vehicle was rattle free, suspension was excellent and dynamics was still good at 98K. There wasn't any excessive vertical movement at the rear wheels.
The driver had to work the gears on the return journey in the ghat section when fueling was CNG.

Prodded the driver on the maintenance periodicity and he said he follows the TML specified schedule but gets it done at a neighborhood garage.

He claimed that the tyres too are factory fitted Apollo's. He mentioned he had a very bad experience with Bridgestone tyres on his last vehicle a santro doing taxi duty.

Overall a good journey since Mumbai had a cool climate and no sweating.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 22:13   #2880
Senior - BHPian

My car has run 86,000 km and has stock tyres - Bridhestone 250s . I think I would change to new tyres at 90 K.

Way to go for Tata for sorting suspension. Earlier, the suspension required the tyres to be changed more frequently for Indica.

Today, at 35 kmph, I slammed on brakes and felt the ABS kick in. So, tyres are due for a change..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks