Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 03:42   #376
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

Zest initial response will be seen and then ideally the Zest will be launced during Dushera. That has been the trend with Tata motors. Let's see what they do.

Logically they should launch it within a month.
If the Bolt is also launched with similar engine + transmission options along with near neutral pricing then I bet both those near idle plants will work 24x7 to produce these cars.

A very capable manufacturer but bogged down by its casual attitude and poor after sales experience.

If the Zest + Bolt click in the market and generate a sales of ~9-10K units a month consecutively for 4-6 months then, Tata has succeeded in the gamble.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 05:17   #377
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
saw the zest manual Petrol when i went to pick up the RC for my storme- I may be going against the tide here but the quality of plastics was a disappointment. Also disappointing was the finish of the top of the dash, esp where the instrument binnacle meets the rest of the dash. uneven and sharp edges! i expected soft touch plastics like the storme.

also, the footwell was weird since there is no space left of the clutch pedal. the interior design looks great though
Exactly what I said in my review of the car but overall the plastics are very decent. While there are a few rough edges, there are some areas which are particularly well finished too like the driver side power window console, the piano black on the dashboard and the instrument console. Interiors are no longer a major turn off and with the equipments on offer at the price, the value proposition is unbeatable.
Old 13th August 2014, 08:44   #378
BHPian

29 features strongly promoted by Tata Motors in the Zest. The car looks fab, it is loaded with features across all variants and its priced well.

Bottom line, Tata Motors could be back in the Top 3 spot in the next 3 months.

Just wondering the impact on other models like - Indica, Indigo, Vista and Manza. Maybe gradually they will discontinue couple of these.

Name:  Zest 1.png
Views: 4761
Size:  811.8 KB
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest-2.png
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest-3.png
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest-4.png
ZEST-Brochure.pdf
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 08:52   #379
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Zest at 8 AM at Pandit showroom today. It looked really good in the beige shade. Even next to the Safari Storme in superb silver shade, the Zest was holding its fort really confidently. I guess by today evening, lot of people will be flocking the showrooms to have a look or book the car.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 08:59   #380
pkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I saw the Zest at 8 AM at Pandit showroom today. It looked really good in the beige shade. Even next to the Safari Storme in superb silver shade, the Zest was holding its fort really confidently. I guess by today evening, lot of people will be flocking the showrooms to have a look or book the car.
+1. the beige shade seems to look striking on the new shape.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:09   #381
BHPian

The official website is now updated and very boldly Tata Motors has put up comparison with Amaze, Dzire and Xcent

Tata Zest : Official Review-zest.png
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest1.png
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest2.png
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest3.png

http://zest.tatamotors.com/index.php
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest4.png  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 09:10   #382
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

My Grouse??

Why the hell do I not see a Black color option???

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
How many Tata cars have you seen in black? Seems like black doesn't find the favor with TML management. Does anyone has a pic of grey color as i am yet to see one?
The sky grey color looks very much like black. Its more black than grey. I saw a sky grey Zest which I thought was a black Zest. Only during closer inspection I found that the color had a tinge of grey too.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:11   #383
BHPian

I live in Aundh, Pune and there is a Pandit Auto here, this place before yesterday had only trucks and tempos inside but yesterday I saw a maroon zest on display. One person was cleaning and making the car shine.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 09:41   #384
BHPian

City wise price list is available now:
http://zest.tatamotors.com/pricing.php

However I don't see the pricing for Kolkata!!
Old 13th August 2014, 10:06   #385
Senior - BHPian

Only the top end model comes with a boot lamp!
Old 13th August 2014, 10:13   #386
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I tried to browse the Zest official website and also searched the brochure, but nowhere could I find the standard company warranty (in terms of years and kms). Can someone please throw some light on what is the standard company warranty and extended warranty on offer? Alternatively please guide me to the post in this thread if it has been already shared earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Only the top end model comes with a boot lamp!
This comes as a sore thumb on an otherwise loaded base and mid variants. When TML can provide alloy wheels, turn indicators on ORVMs even for the base XE variant, why they need to skimp on such a low cost, but useful feature (I guess the boot lamp would not cost even a tenth of the price difference of the above two features.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 13th August 2014 at 10:18.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 10:13   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
City wise price list is available now:
http://zest.tatamotors.com/pricing.php

However I don't see the pricing for Kolkata!!
I saw HOWRA in the list of cities under West Bengal. Would that be applicable to Kolkatta?

At 7.09 lakhs ex-showroom Pune for the diesel top-end XT variant, its really a superb deal IMO.

BTW, the Interior-360 and Exterior-360 are not yet uploaded on the website

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th August 2014 at 10:15.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:23   #388
BHPian

Superb pricing for a well executed product. It makes the Amaze look naked in comparison and the i20 as less value for money.

Tata should now go on an aggressive full steam marketing and promotion spree. On Monday when the i20 was to be launched, Hyundai put a full page advt. on the front page of a regional daily. However, yesterday there was nothing similar from Tata!

They have a winner at hand and the marketing team needs to create that desire amongst people to check out the car at the showroom.

Last edited by trek : 13th August 2014 at 10:39.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:32   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I live in Aundh, Pune and there is a Pandit Auto here, this place before yesterday had only trucks and tempos inside but yesterday I saw a maroon zest on display. One person was cleaning and making the car shine.
This shade is called Venetian Red.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:35   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Just wondering the impact on other models like - Indica, Indigo, Vista and Manza. Maybe gradually they will discontinue couple of these.
They need to dump the Indica/Indigo! Or at least move them to their commercial sales outlets. Vista D90 is already discontinued. My guess is with Bolt launch, Vista might be downgraded to replace Indica. Manza will be difficult to sell after Zest launch. Though its a bigger car and a full sized sedan, the quality and features of Zest will be too much for the Manza. Maybe they will upgrade the Manza in due course and slot it above Zest.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks