Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 12:35   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Any idea how the 17kmpl mileage was calculated for the petrol zest?
eco, sport or some weighted average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
1. 15-30 days waiting, depending on models. Petrol delivery is faster.
2. AMT will take 40 days to be delivered (in chandigarh)
hi,

please tell which dealer you went to.
the zest site shown no dealers in panchkula, solan, shimla, parwanoo!!
only one showroom in chandigarh industrial area??

30 days does not look bad considering the interest and that deliveries havent even started yet.

Last edited by guptavis : 17th August 2014 at 12:57.
Old 17th August 2014, 13:31   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
The dealer is Malwa Motors Sector 10 , Rohini , Delhi . I donot have the phone number since he was customer of the workshop where i was getting work done on my car and workshop people also didnot have his details. He paid i think 24 K as booking amount .Malwa Sales guy had mentioned that test drives will start from 16th August .
I spoke to this dealer and there is no such discount available as it is a new launch.

Discussions with my dealer however has been quite frustrating. They arent able to have any TD done at home (as promised on 12th; the last time we spoke last) nor their own dealership. Instead they expect us to go to a mall about 15 kms away for this purpose. As regards deliveries, they don't expect to start doing it until next month.

On a somewhat positive note, Tata Motors called and invited us for a special screening of 'Singham Returns'. The movie will definitely not be exciting but at least we can walk out and shop (as earlier planned) whenever we would have had our kicks from the movie!
Old 17th August 2014, 14:20   #498
BHPian

Is it just me or Tata is not going all out to advertise Zest. Yesterday I saw petrol Zest add on TV. The usp of this car is automatic Diesel variant, cheapest in the segment.

This should be shown on TV as well. Moreover most car manufacturers in advertisement show cars zipping on roads. When was the last time any one of us was able to do so within Indian cities. Instead Tata should show bumper to bumper traffic and how automatic gears are making life easy for the driver.
Old 17th August 2014, 17:52   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it just me or Tata is not going all out to advertise Zest. Yesterday I saw petrol Zest add on TV. The usp of this car is automatic Diesel variant, cheapest in the segment.
There have been a lot of comments on this, and while apt, i think we may be jumping the gun. As can be seen in the last few posts, the Diesel AMT will be available for delivery somewhere in October. Why advertise and build a hype, only to go to the showroom and to be told that sorry it will take another two months.

Tata Motors is advertising what they have at hand, perhaps they may showcase the Diesel + AMT sometime later when it is ready to deliver.

Just a thought !!!
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 19:06   #500
BHPian

IMHO Tatas are killing the bird even before it's hatched.

Malik motors in Hyderabad informs us ( when we went to TD the diesel XMT ) that they did not have the F-tronic for a TD and the deliveries would start only some time in November.

Can't they have the basic courtesy of informing in the media about this? These guys just don't grow up. And then they crib about falling sales !!!
nitindangoria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 20:17   #501
BHPian

Saw a Zest on the road today from behind or should I say, I admired Zest's behind? ..
I guess it was a test drive car, since it had TC plates, but no demo car decals.

It just went past me & I was like, WOW a new Toyota and revved to get closer, but they were driving very spiritedly. Managed to catch them when they slowed down for a turn & was surprised to such a beautiful car, in all white, with a tata logo.

The road was at a gradient with cars going upwards & this zest looks real good from the back.

I am never a fan of going to a showroom & checking out new cars generally since I believe new cars should settle down with a few revisions till all niggles are sorted out. But in this case, I guess I am going over to the tata showroom to check it out soon! Who knows, time for replacing the wagonr maybe.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:25   #502
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Why advertise and build a hype, only to go to the showroom and to be told that sorry it will take another two months.
They want to create that hype and 'wait' in the minds of the customers plus have them hooked onto the websites / media for the launch so they can buy it. If Tata doesn't get the hype started nothing great will happen.

One way it is good to see the efforts going on into Ad's etc and people going and checking the car in showroom.

The only thing is most prospective customers would not be coming out happy listening to the dates of deliveries.

I hope Tata gets the needed boost and comes back into greener side.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th August 2014 at 20:27.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:30   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If Tata doesn't get the hype started nothing great will happen.

The only thing is most prospective customers would not be coming out happy listening to the dates of deliveries.

And you have one right here... either ways there will always be complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
IMHO Tatas are killing the bird even before it's hatched....they did not have the F-tronic for a TD and the deliveries would start only some time in November.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:33   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
And you have one right here... either ways there will always be complaints.
Lol. That's why they say, manufacturers must do their homework before they launch cars.

Let's see how things pan out for the Zest, Bolt and Tata.

Anurag.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:52   #505
Senior - BHPian

While TML has launched the Zest, the car s have not reached most Dealerships. That may probably the reason that TML is not really going in for a very high voltage Ad campaign. The same is likely to begin in the Navratras. By then TML should be build up reasonable inventories and also get the logistics sorted out.

The early launch may well be a ploy to make potential customers stop from booking competitor products. Hopefully TML will handle this launch better then Ford did with Ecosport ( which still has a waiting list even as potential customers change their mind and take their custom to competitors).
Old 17th August 2014, 21:54   #506
Team-BHP Support

Went to the Tata showroom today and they didn't have the Zest on display leave alone TD.

Found out that showrooms will get cars only on Tuesday 19th August. Right now they are conducting events in IT parks and malls directly from Tata where one can drive the Revotron as well as the AMT diesel.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 22:12   #507
BHPian

Tata Zest is put on display in one of the mall here. Lots of visitor. Interiors - huge improvement w.r.t. Tata. The sales guy was ready to give a TD right away even at 08:30pm. Even he agreed to bring the TD car to office in any weekdays.

Top end Diesel costs ~08.2L on road. Car looks nice, appreciate Tata's effort in bringing this car with relevant variants/features, auto, quite apparent that they put in effort to make this car a popular choice for us, Indians. IMO this car have all it takes to be one of the most popular model w.r.t. to its direct competition.

Wish Tata Motors all the best !
Old 18th August 2014, 01:49   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Any idea how the 17kmpl mileage was calculated for the petrol zest?
eco, sport or some weighted average.

hi,

please tell which dealer you went to.
the zest site shown no dealers in panchkula, solan, shimla, parwanoo!!
only one showroom in chandigarh industrial area??

30 days does not look bad considering the interest and that deliveries havent even started yet.

Not sure where 17 came from. The FE on the MID showed 8kmpl.

Yes, I went to Berkeleys in Industrial Area Phase I. Decent showroom. They had the petrol and diesel on display and the same for TD in Elante.

They also mentioned that Monday onwards the car will be in the showroom for a TD.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 02:03   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Not sure where 17 came from. The FE on the MID showed 8kmpl.

Yes, I went to Berkeleys in Industrial Area Phase I. Decent showroom. They had the petrol and diesel on display and the same for TD in Elante.

They also mentioned that Monday onwards the car will be in the showroom for a TD.
thanks gaurav. will visit their showroom tomorrow and see if TD is available and delivery time frames.
as far as i have heard MID figures for mileage are very unreliable and should not be given much attention. would be good if ARAI clarified the method it used.
anyway, hearing the delivery period for AMT to be oct/nov i am getting apprehensive if they'll at all be able to launch BOLT this calendar year. was thinking of buying in the festive season. then delayed it to end of year. now im tempted to go for a zest however, i dont need a sedan, a hatch would be good. TATA please bring out the BOLT soon.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:35   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
now im tempted to go for a zest however, i dont need a sedan, a hatch would be good. TATA please bring out the BOLT soon.
same situation at my side as well. I have a 2009 Vista which I want to trade it but need only the Bolt but this delay is launch is really

I would have loved to book the Red/White Bolt ! Now I am tempted to look at the REVOTRON ZEST XM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks