BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

which dealership was this ?
This was Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Do you have any proof to show that he is wrong!?
hehe, when did I say he was wrong or right, I just said he made my day.
pareshraheja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 10:28   #617
Senior - BHPian

Got an invitation to participate "Zest journey of technology and innovation" at Tata motors passenger vehicle plant, Pune as a result of my performance in ChallengeNext competition

Thank you Tata Motors, you made my day!
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:40   #618
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Misadventure with advertisement

Today Tata splashed the newspapers with full page advertisements. Below is a snap of the advertisement.

Name:  Zest 1.png
Views: 4102
Size:  417.3 KB

Tatas, please do justice to the beautiful car that Zest is.

Some observations:

1. Horrible photo shop (Look at the wheels)
2. This is FULL page advertisement. A lot of real estate - but look at the snap shot of key features - dual tone interiors - Sorry, could not make it out, and the rest of two feature highlights are actually low lights as seen in the picture.
3. Is "Zest up you life" final tag line. I remember one before this which is "The car that will change everything"....?
4. First diesel with AMT - not there, (due to non availability of stock, not withstanding, what a great let down in communication)

Very disappointing, cry for changing the advertisement,.....

Hope this faux pas, will stop at this, and will not carry over to the POS.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:54   #619
BHPian

^^ I believe, its the advertisement in "THE HINDU" you are talking about.

I dont feel anything wrong with this full page commercial.
All I can see is that TML wants to promote its own REVOTRON engine as much as possible instead of an engine that's shared across every other car/brand in India already.

I agree the AMT is definitely needed to be in there. But, lets agree to the fact that AMT version will not come to field till the year end or so.

I guess, everyone including me dont want to agree to the fact that the AMT is not available and delayed by a quarter. This is where the problem is

Prem.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:13   #620
BHPian

Just came back from after taking a test drive of a Diesel High-end Zest. Wanted to test drive the much tom-tommed Petrol one, but they didn't have a Petrol TD variant. (Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar, Bangalore)

The sales executive was quite well informed about the vehicle (a welcome change from earlier Tata experiences of years ago). The car is spacious & felt very airy. There's a decidedly quantum jump in quality & frankly, doesn't feel like a Tata vehicle. Fit & Finish was up there with the big boys.

My favourite aspect has been that the fit & finish and the material quality of the interior is very good, just a tad below Xcent but much much better than Amaze. In fact, the difference in quality between Zest & Xcent interiors is only a little, a gap Tata can easily close without much effort.

Pricing too is bang-on for Tata on this vehicle. Should be interesting to see how it plays out in the market in the next few months.

PS: One interesting aspect is that the Tata wants to charge 6k extra for the White colored variant & the waiting time for that is 15 weeks!! Are people really willing to pay more & wait longer for a Taxi-color??

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 28th August 2014 at 13:22. Reason: Added Dealership name for better clarity
Old 28th August 2014, 13:16   #621
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Misadventure with advertisement

I too noticed this.

1. In one of the beige zest, you can clearly
see that there is no driver, but the wheels are spinning..

2. Tints are not allowed in India, but why almost all the cars
in advertisements wear one?

just my two cents..

Today booked for a testdrive online and within a minute got a call
from the representative. A wow for the prompt service

girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post

1. Horrible photo shop (Look at the wheels)
Old 28th August 2014, 14:41   #622
BHPian

One of my relative in Palakkad has booked a Swift
I had requested him to check out the Zest and booked him a test drive online, within minutes he got an response from Tata Motors with the caller explaining in english & hindi, since my relative is not fluent in both languages he had requested the caller to explain in Malayalam, the representative had assured him that they will arrange for a call back from the local dealer

I spoke to the local dealer (Vijay Motors) and they told me that they do not have any vehicle for test drive and will be getting one in the first week of September or they have to get it from either Cochin or Thrissur

Its surprising that Tata Motors is not able to provide a test drive vehicle
Old 28th August 2014, 14:48   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
PS: One interesting aspect is that the Tata wants to charge 6k extra for the White colored variant & the waiting time for that is 15 weeks!! Are people really willing to pay more & wait longer for a Taxi-color??
actually it may not be the taxi white but the famous pearl white that's used in higher variants of the old Safari, Storme etc. It looks very classy. But I dont agree to this extra 6k and longer waiting period !
Old 28th August 2014, 14:51   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't this the case when Swift Diesel was launched in the white shade as well, i remember a huge waiting period for this color in those days.
Old 28th August 2014, 14:55   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
actually it may not be the taxi white but the famous pearl white that's used in higher variants of the old Safari, Storme etc. It looks very classy. But I dont agree to this extra 6k and longer waiting period !
That was my reaction too. I somehow can understand the longer waiting period for a particular colour since it has to do with demand & production scheduling at the plant. But the extra dough Tata wants is pure greedy opportunism.

But then again, as a famous saying goes, selling price of anything is not what it costs to produce but how much one is willing to charge for it. So, if people are willing to pay extra for a particular shade, it's their money & their right.
Old 28th August 2014, 16:12   #626
BHPian

Funny part is that people are bashing Tata for the delay (or waiting period) and 6K extra for the white color, but dont complain when a certain other manufacturer makes you wait 3 months for a car, which the dealer says 'lena hai to yehi color hai' and happily make 'deals' of paying 10K-20K extra for early delivery!.
torquecurve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 16:28   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Funny part is that people are bashing Tata for the delay (or waiting period) and 6K extra for the white color, but dont complain when a certain other manufacturer makes you wait 3 months for a car, which the dealer says 'lena hai to yehi color hai' and happily make 'deals' of paying 10K-20K extra for early delivery!.
2007 May, Maruti dealer in Sirsa, Haryana wanted us to purchase 42000 worth accessories if we wanted a Swift VDi.
Old 28th August 2014, 16:30   #628
BHPian

Quote:
But the extra dough Tata wants is pure greedy opportunism.

But then again, as a famous saying goes, selling price of anything is not what it costs to produce but how much one is willing to charge for it. So, if people are willing to pay extra for a particular shade, it's their money & their right.
that white color costs extra to produce , so its charged extra. people who dont like to pay extra for white may refrain from taking white, there are other choices ...simple !

there are much more greedy car makers in India, is not it ...i am sure you know.

lets not bash Tata for a fantastically priced car, atleast on this front
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 16:35   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
that white color costs extra to produce , so its charged extra. people who dont like to pay extra for white may refrain from taking white, there are other choices ...simple !

there are much more greedy car makers in India, is not it ...i am sure you know.

lets not bash Tata for a fantastically priced car, atleast on this front
Well, technically, Red is the cheapest colour to produce in the world (in the Universe even, due to the abundance of Iron, the chief component of Red colour). Why won't they price the Red variant cheaply then? Other car makers don't charge extra for White (most of them at least).

I'm not bashing Tata here, it was a general observation. If Tata wants to make money like this, more power to them!
Old 28th August 2014, 16:42   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Well, technically, Red is the cheapest colour to produce in the world (in the Universe even, due to the abundance of Iron, the chief component of Red colour). Why won't they price the Red variant cheaply then? Other car makers don't charge extra for White (most of them at least).

I'm not bashing Tata here, it was a general observation. If Tata wants to make money like this, more power to them!
have you thought why Tata does not charge extra for white in Indica/ Vista/ Sumo ? Rather the other colors are costlier than white in most cases. why ?

That means , here the white color is definitely a different quality... u disgaree ?

your logic says , red is the cheapest color ..go and get your car painted in Ferrari Red ( original) , lets us knw the cost .

no more debates on this from my side
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks