I didn't understand though why the test mule was disguised
We all know how it looks!
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 14:29   #1067
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
How many KMs did you drive before taking this pic in this trip?
4.1 km as indicated by the MFD itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Can someone see it? Pic taken after resetting the average
Please report the fuel consumption using the tankful to tankful method. That is as accurate as it would get.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:27   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
The car ECU idles the TC after stopping automatically.
So if you turn off the car after a particular time or temperature you will hear the coolant still circulate.
This sounds interesting.

How did you judge the engine was running. Was the hood open or rpm meter still indicating engine speed?

I ask because there are a few cars like the Audi RS7 right down to the Renault Duster that keep the radiator fan running for a short while to bring down engine coolant temperature. It can make you think its the engine or water pump running but its actually the radiator fan.

If you say the car ECU idles the turbo charger, its basically idling the engine.

I have not come across an arrangement like this before, that is, keeping the engine running for a short period.
Old 16th October 2014, 16:20   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Tata Motors has started testing the Zest petrol with an automated manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Good Move by Tata, hope that the Tata works with Magneti to resolve the Gearbox supply chain issue.
Old 16th October 2014, 17:21   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Talked to an SA from Concorde today and he says Zest production started recently and deliveries have started. Said 2 months is the waiting period for any model including AMT. Quoted 18K bookings all over India.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 20:08   #1071
BHPian

I paid 21k as a booking amount. I was quoted around a month of a notice period. However, took less than 15 for the delivery.
Old 17th October 2014, 00:32   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha. If you see closely, it was driven only 4 km after the reset on an empty road. Nothing specific was done...only the revs were kept low
Hehe. Even in my Honda City, if I reset the trip meter on the go, after a few seconds the instantaneous mileage starts at 60kmpl and then depending on the amount of throttle input will reduce drastically.
Old 17th October 2014, 07:19   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
4.1 km as indicated by the MFD itself.

Please report the fuel consumption using the tankful to tankful method. That is as accurate as it would get.
Tankful to tankful is also inaccurate.I have a better option. Brim up the car and drive for 100km. Brim it up again and not down the liters of fuel filled and divide 100 by that value. This is the most accurate way of calculating mileage.

However, there are some points to be kept in mind for it to be accurate. Buy fuel from the same fuel station both the time. Secondly, try and fill during the same time of the day.
Old 17th October 2014, 07:48   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tankful to tankful is also inaccurate.I have a better option. Brim up the car and drive for 100km. Brim it up again and not down the liters of fuel filled and divide 100 by that value. This is the most accurate way of calculating mileage.

However, there are some points to be kept in mind for it to be accurate. Buy fuel from the same fuel station both the time. Secondly, try and fill during the same time of the day.
All these years, I thought this method was called tankful - to - tankful . Is it not?

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th October 2014 at 07:49.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 08:17   #1075
BHPian

Got a chance to TD Rovotron XT and QJD.
Rovotron:
-Sluggish in City and Eco modes
-Very noisy AC fan. With fan speed set at 2, and temp set to 20, the fan gets very noisy inside the cabin.
-Sport mode pumps adrenaline and I guess this is where the car gets interesting!
-Clutch was surprisingly hard.

QJD
-Butter smooth gear shifting and steering control
-Clutch was quite light too. I felt it's much lighter than Rovotron and my Swift VDi.
The top end diesel is where I will put my money now. Can't really understand why TM has no AMT option here!

Common:
-My Nexus 5 was not recognized by the HK music system. Same with wife's HTC One X :(
Anyone successful with their Android phones?
-Seats are quite soft. Should have been a bit harder for longevity I felt.
-AC took a while to cool the cabin. It was quite a sunny day in Bangalore and I took the TD at 1:30pm.

Also, saw an interesting accessory connected at the driver side dash. This would alert when the tyre pressure gets low. In the image, the respective tyre turns red.

-The SA mentioned a wait period of 6-8 weeks for top end models.
-The 3 year warranty, he claims is valid only for the bookings done within this calendar year.
-TM has garnered more than 18K bookings throughout India.
balajisv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 10:19   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Got a chance to TD Rovotron XT and QJD.

Common:
-My Nexus 5 was not recognized by the HK music system. Same with wife's HTC One X :(
Anyone successful with their Android phones?
-Seats are quite soft. Should have been a bit harder for longevity I felt.
-AC took a while to cool the cabin. It was quite a sunny day in Bangalore and I took the TD at 1:30pm.

Also, saw an interesting accessory connected at the driver side dash. This would alert when the tyre pressure gets low. In the image, the respective tyre turns red.

-The SA mentioned a wait period of 6-8 weeks for top end models.
-The 3 year warranty, he claims is valid only for the bookings done within this calendar year.
-TM has garnered more than 18K bookings throughout India.
I am able to connect 5 phones so far:

Xiaomi Mi3 (Andriod)
HTC Desire (Andriod)
Nokia Asha (Symbian)
Nokia 808 pureview (Symbian)

But call logs and phone book feature is not working on any of the above brand, need to check it why is it so.. but basic functionality to receive / make a phone call and auto connect once you start system is working flawlessly. Noice reduction of mic is surprisingly best in industry I must say.

Also don't rely on SA's statement that 3 years warranty is only applicable for this year. It's all wrong. Yes might be Gold AMC or extended warranty may become a bit expensive after initial good sale thrust but withdrawal of these will send a negative signal so TATA cant take a chance here.
Old 17th October 2014, 10:55   #1077
BHPian

Hi All,
Few quick observations from my 250 odd Kms drive, all of which is city drive in medium to heavy traffic.
1. A/C is very effective at 23 deg C.
2. Clutch needs a little getting used to. I keep stalling the car in 2nd gear
3. 2nd gear is very sluggish (in default city mode). It just refuses to climb the ramp of basement parking. Have not tried the sport mode here.
4. Car has a got a slight gliding / bumpy effect. I have reduced the tyre pressure to 32 but guess need to try driving at 30psi.
5. Audio and phone connectivity works flawless
6. Steering is very light and nice to hold and use.
7. After you turn of the ignition, the fan keeps running for ~ 30 seconds. Not sure if this is what people are referring to auto idle.
8. Avg mileage displayed is 11 with 100% AC usage. Seems Ok for city drive. Hopefully it will improve once the engine opens up.
9. MID controls are clearly visible from the seat. It just needs adjustment to the seat and steering to suit ones height.
10. It definitely garners a 2nd look from most people. Could also be because its a new block on the road.
iamdeva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 12:14   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
4. Car has a got a slight gliding / bumpy effect. I have reduced the tyre pressure to 32 but guess need to try driving at 30psi.
Do you mean bouncy, jiggly especially at the rear? I too experienced it during two test drives that i took but not many on the forum seem to have noticed it or been affected by it.
Old 17th October 2014, 12:16   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This sounds interesting.

How did you judge the engine was running. Was the hood open or rpm meter still indicating engine speed?

You are right mate. What I meant there was the coolant is circulated confirmed by my friend who has worked on this. It is basically a controlled cool-down of the TC bearing is what I meant.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 12:36   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Do you mean bouncy, jiggly especially at the rear? I too experienced it during two test drives that i took but not many on the forum seem to have noticed it or been affected by it.
I have been driving so I have felt it in the front. Yet to experience the back seat ride quality. But don't get me wrong, its not something that is bothersome and I think this has to do more with tyre pressure as it has improved after reducing the pressure to 32 (it might have been more while driving out of showroom). I will bring it to 30 psi and will see if there is further improvement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks