Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 19:36   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Some photos of my cousins zest the first beige XT to be delivered in my city.
Nice! Congrats to your cousin & wishing him/her unlimited safe & happy miles. By the way, is it just my eyes or this one really looks standing a bit taller for a QJD Zest?
Old 4th November 2014, 20:06   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Some photos of my cousins zest the first beige XT to be delivered in my city.
Wow, the rear three quarter pic is wallpaper material I must say. Congrats to your cousin and wishing miles of happiness in the Zest.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:26   #1188
BHPian

My wait is finally over. I will be getting the delivery for my XT diesel this Friday. Its a sky grey color.
Posting some pictures I took during the PDI.

I am taking seat covers and HUD with TPMS as accessories during delivery. I have also opted for the GOLD AMC and plan to take the extended warranty. One question, do I need to take the extended warranty during delivery or can it be done later on?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-20141101_121328.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-20141101_121406.jpg  

Sabyasworld is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 18:29   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
My wait is finally over. I will be getting the delivery for my XT diesel this Friday. Its a sky grey color.
Posting some pictures I took during the PDI.

I am taking seat covers and HUD with TPMS as accessories during delivery. I have also opted for the GOLD AMC and plan to take the extended warranty. One question, do I need to take the extended warranty during delivery or can it be done later on?

Congratulations on the purchase on your New Zest! The Sky Grey looks fabulous. If I am not wrong you are the first one to opt for this colour i suppose.

I think extended Warranty can be taken even after the purchase of your car but before your warranty ends. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Has anyone driven both the XT version and the XMS version? If yes can you tell me if there was any difference in the Audio quality?

Both the versions come with same number of speakers (8 speakers) and also with the same output. The only difference is the Head unit. XT gets a 5" touchsreen unit where as the XMS gets a regular unit but both are from Harman.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th November 2014 at 04:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 18:48   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Has anyone driven both the XT version and the XMS version? If yes can you tell me if there was any difference in the Audio quality?

Both the versions come with same number of speakers (8 speakers) and also with the same output. The only difference is the Head unit. XT gets a 5" touchsreen unit where as the XMS gets a regular unit but both are from Harman.
pls recheck the first page of the review. the speaker output is different and as per the reviewer the sound quality was noticeably different.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:27   #1191
BHPian

People going for the XT variant would have little to upgrade. For me, only the most necessary upgrades would be done. As in I find the headlamps to be inadequate, so an HID upgrade is a must.

I have already plonked a 600wrms DD redline series sub wherein Audison is already pumping about 1200wrms with gains tuned down in a ported box...and maaaan! What do I say! The bass is just awesome!

Next for me would be 3 way component system and a gloss black roof.
Old 6th November 2014, 00:49   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...One question, do I need to take the extended warranty during delivery or can it be done later on?
Congrats on the car. I would pick up the warranty straight away and be done with it. In future, if the rates go higher, we have to spend that extra on it.
Old 6th November 2014, 07:29   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Sabyasachi. Wishing you a long & Happy ownership of the Zest.
Quote:
I have also opted for the GOLD AMC and plan to take the extended warranty. One question, do I need to take the extended warranty during delivery or can it be done later on?
For Gold AMC, you will need to have a valid Extended Wty. Please check with dealer if you can purchase AMC first & EW later. OR- get both together.

How much do you want to delay the purchase by ?

Reg seat covers - pls check once. I have found art-leather / PU-leather / to get uncomfortable. Best would be either leather itself or fabric.
Old 6th November 2014, 08:57   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, Sabyasachi. Wishing you a long & Happy ownership of the Zest. For Gold AMC, you will need to have a valid Extended Wty. Please check with dealer if you can purchase AMC first & EW later. OR- get both together.
Extended warranty ( 4 th year/ upto 1.5 lakh kilometres) can be purchased within 421 days of purchase of vehicle.

AMC Gold need to be opted for at the time of purchase of vehicle.
Old 6th November 2014, 09:06   #1195
BHPian

I took a long test drive of the XMA version. For people familiar with Chennai, I drove from Chennai Ford Arumbakkam to Tidel Park. I wanted to check how the AMT performs in peak traffic conditions in stop go traffic. The day I drove it was pouring cats and dogs and trust me it couldn't have been a better day to test a car. As mentioned in a few reviews in automatic mode the shift from 1 to 2 is noticeable. However after that its quiet smooth. Due to rains, there was a lot of traffic and boy I for sure was enjoying the rest to the left leg. I did not feel any strain all along the 1.5 hr drive. For better control and early shifts, manual with sports mode is the best combination. One thing that I noticed was even in Manual mode the downshift works automatically. This again is a blessing. Truly speaking manual mode is actually a semi-automatic mode. I haven't tested the music player in the XT model, but the output in the XMA model was awesome. It was better than my stock Ford Fiesta. The steering was good to hold and the car performed very well, but still Fiesta is a tad better here. As for seats, I felt they were a bit soft and may not be ideal for long journeys. Definitely missed having a center arm rest and foot rest for the left leg. Why is that in India car companies don't provide this basic requirement. I was also missing the leather wrap on the steering, reading lights for the rear seat passengers and most importantly airbags. This is the only reason I am holding off from buying this almost perfect car from Tata. I am one of the first 500 who booked online and hope they announce the XTA version very soon. With the government mandatory rule coming in Oct 2015, I don't think they can delay it for much.

Forgot to mention the most important thing, in slopes the car has a tendency to go back and only way to control is by using the handbrakes. This can be dangerous and consciously you need to be aware of the same in subways and bridges when you are stuck in traffic. For this reason I don't think you would give you car to other drivers.

Last edited by Chillout : 6th November 2014 at 09:16.
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 10:23   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, Sabyasachi. Wishing you a long & Happy ownership of the Zest. For Gold AMC, you will need to have a valid Extended Wty. Please check with dealer if you can purchase AMC first & EW later. OR- get both together.

How much do you want to delay the purchase by ?

Reg seat covers - pls check once. I have found art-leather / PU-leather / to get uncomfortable. Best would be either leather itself or fabric.
Thanks Condor.

I spoke with the SA and will be getting the extended warranty during the time of delivery itself.

Regarding art-leather seat covers, I find it to be ok. I have been using art-leather seat in my existing car. Since I mostly drive with the AC on, I don't find it uncomfortable. For hot n humid weather, I agree with you.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:12   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
I have got fabric seat covers precisely for this reason, but they are tough to maintain, are a dust & stain magnet. But indeed comfortable on the skin.
Old 6th November 2014, 12:09   #1198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Extended warranty ( 4 th year/ upto 1.5 lakh kilometres) can be purchased within 421 days of purchase of vehicle.

AMC Gold need to be opted for at the time of purchase of vehicle.
Effectively means, if you want Gold AMC, then EW must be purchased right now. If you dont want Gold AMC, then you can wait that much time.
Quote:
Regarding art-leather seat covers, I find it to be ok. I have been using art-leather seat in my existing car. Since I mostly drive with the AC on, I don't find it uncomfortable.
Even with A/c on, it can make a difference. Try leather if you can ..
Old 6th November 2014, 14:16   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Effectively means, if you want Gold AMC, then EW must be purchased right now. If you dont want Gold AMC, then you can wait that much time.
EW need not be purchased along with the vehicle.

One can opt for AMC Gold alone. AMC Gold complements the default ( at least for now) AMC Silver which covers the sheduled maintenance consumables like oil, filters and coolants. AMC Gold covers the non-scheduled maintenance. Both are for 45 K kilometres / 3 years.

Extended Warranty comes into force after the 3-year / 1 lakh kilometres warranty provided along with the vehicle.

Last edited by simplyself : 6th November 2014 at 14:25.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:14   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
EW need not be purchased along with the vehicle.

One can opt for AMC Gold alone. AMC Gold complements the default ( at least for now) AMC Silver which covers the sheduled maintenance consumables like oil, filters and coolants. AMC Gold covers the non-scheduled maintenance. Both are for 45 K kilometres / 3 years.
From what I was told by the dealer, extended wty is mandatory to opt for Gold AMC. Once cannot get the gold AMC alone. I checked with the service center and they too mentioned the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks