Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 12:58   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Yes , that door ' not unlocking with key in ' is a safety feature. Will explain how. In a traffic signal, wait time shows 180 secs with Red light on. You decide to switch off the engine to save fuel and reduce emission. In most cars , with turn of ignition key , all the 4 doors also momentarily unlocj, thus it compromise your safety as well as your belongings. You can't control this behaviour and its not acceptable either. So. This zest feature is a welcome design ( its the same way in Linea) and you will appreciate it as you said. Enjoy your zest ....its a lovely car indeed.
I've this behavior (unlock when engine is turned off) with the aftermarket Autocop central locking in my Zen but I'm not sure how many OEM systems have this. All Maruti vehicles use Nippon and my Swift unlocks only when the key is removed from the cylinder.

Any idea which OEMs have this behavior of unlock when engine is turned off?
Old 15th November 2014, 13:16   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any idea which OEMs have this behavior of unlock when engine is turned off?
Its there as an option in both my cars with Nippon. I can program how the car locks and unlocks. So I think it will be the same in the Zest too. For locking, I can program it to lock 5 secs after ignition OR lock when the speed of the car crosses 25kmph. For unlock, we have the option of ignition unlock or key unlock. I had initially set it to ignition unlock but for the same reason of turning off in signals I switched it back to key unlock.
Old 17th November 2014, 08:14   #1248
BHPian

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/45165864.cms

Tata Motors going all out to focus on customer satisfaction.

Article quotes:
"The initiatives being undertaken by the company have started to bear fruit as its latest offering in the compact sedan segment Zest has taken third spot, overtaking the likes of Honda Amaze"
Old 17th November 2014, 10:33   #1249
Senior - BHPian

At the cost of sounding cynical, let me say this 'Zest outselling Amaze' is little overdone. It's not like they have sold double the no. of Amaze and also Zest is nowhere near the market leader!

However, I do believe that they can, and they must for the Zest to be successful, at least double their current numbers in the near future.

Last edited by safari_lover : 17th November 2014 at 10:37.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:29   #1250
BHPian

While talking to the SA at Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad, where I made the booking (but did not confirm the model for the last two months), he mentioned that in order to get 2015 manufactured model, we'll need to wait till March 2015.

I have kept my booking on hold as I want to decide on my car upgrade in Jan 2015 whether to go for Zest or wait for other cars (S Cross etc)

SA told that Petrol versions have 6-7 week waiting period while diesel versions (non-AMT) have 3-4 week waiting period.

However I could not get a proper answer from the SA to the following questions.

1. I believe TATA has production capacity available that they can utilize to increase the Zests manufactured per month and reducing the waiting time. Why is that not happening?
2. Why do a 2015 manufactured vehicle has to come in March 2015 instead of late January/February 2015 where there is reasonable demand for the product and I believe whatever numbers are being manufactured is being delivered to customers as soon as possible? The SA told that till Feb 2015, only 2014 manufactured vehicles will be delivered to customers. Will it take 2 months for a car to be made out in assembly line and get it delivered to customers?

Am I missing something here? Or the SA is trying to convince me to confirm the booking much in advance than Jan 2015.

Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 12:24   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
'Zest outselling Amaze' is little overdone.
It has been at least three months of sale and I am yet to see a Zest on the road during my daily commute from Thiruvanmiyur to Nungambakkam in Chennai. The only Zest I saw was a few weeks back near Ambur when I was travelling to B'luru. Is it that the allocation of new cars to Chennai is relatively low or the sales in Chennai is yet to warm up? Three months is good enough time to spot at at least a couple of cars.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:47   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
While talking to the SA at Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad, he mentioned that in order to get 2015 manufactured model, we'll need to wait till March 2015.

1. I believe TATA has production capacity available that they can utilize to increase the Zests manufactured per month and reducing the waiting time. Why is that not happening? [ the SA will never have answer to the production planning of Tatas ...so dont expect never any answer on such queries from any dealer anywhere. If some dealer replies, he is just using his guess ..simple ]
2. Why do a 2015 manufactured vehicle has to come in March 2015 instead of late January/February 2015 where there is reasonable demand for the product and I believe whatever numbers are being manufactured is being delivered to customers as soon as possible? The SA told that till Feb 2015, only 2014 manufactured vehicles will be delivered to customers. Will it take 2 months for a car to be made out in assembly line and get it delivered to customers? [ the SA has delivered a heap of crap to you. I suggest, wait and book now and dont take delivery unless its a 2015 vehicle , which you can make out from VIN]

Am I missing something here? Or the SA is trying to convince me to confirm the booking much in advance than Jan 2015. [ Yes, this is a ploy of the SA ...simple! , donr fall for it .]

Thanks
my views in bold Italics against your queries.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 13:03   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Why do a 2015 manufactured vehicle has to come in March 2015 instead of late January/February 2015 where there is reasonable demand for the product and I believe whatever numbers are being manufactured is being delivered to customers as soon as possible? The SA told that till Feb 2015, only 2014 manufactured vehicles will be delivered to customers. Will it take 2 months for a car to be made out in assembly line and get it delivered to customers?

Am I missing something here? Or the SA is trying to convince me to confirm the booking much in advance than Jan 2015.

Thanks
May be the SA was speaking from his experience - the Indica, Vista and Manza being slow sellers of late.

For a fast moving vehicle 2015 model should be available by late January or February.
Old 17th November 2014, 13:58   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Our family took delivery of a Zest XT 1.2 Petrol car last week from Concorde Motors, Bombay, and boy, what a lovely car. We're blown over by the sheer space inside the car, the engine surprises one and all, most people cannot imagine that such a big vehicle with a 1.2L can go so fast.

Terrific music system, love the bluetooth pairing, voice commands, music quality, sound insulation, air conditioning, braking, and suspension.

Cons: None so far honestly, and we're very critical as a family, but this here is a winner so far.

Tata seems to be pulling out all the stops to make this a success and we simply love the experience so far. Will give you guys an update post a few thousand kms.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 17th November 2014 at 14:20.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 14:11   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
1. I believe TATA has production capacity available that they can utilize to increase the Zests manufactured per month and reducing the waiting time. Why is that not happening?

Thanks
The waiting period may be due to AMT supply constraint as the same supplier is providing to Maruti as well (Celerio and K10). Pardon me but this is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Our family took delivery of a Zest XT 1.2 Petrol car last week from Concorde Motors, Bombay, and boy, what a lovely car. We're blown over by the sheer space inside the car, the engine surpises one and all, most people cannot imagine that such a big vehicle with a 1.2L can go so fast.

Terrific music system, love the bluetooth pairing, voice commands, music quality, sound insulation, air conditioning, braking, and suspension.

Cons: None so far honestly, and we're very critical as a family, but this here is a winner so far.

Tata seems to be pulling out all the stops to make this a success and we simply love the experience so far. Will give you guys an update post a few thousand kms.
Congratulations!! Just a query; from your post it appears to me that you didn't TD Zest before buying. Is that so?
Old 17th November 2014, 14:19   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Congratulations!! Just a query; from your post it appears to me that you didn't TD Zest before buying. Is that so?
Of course not, we took many Test drives before buying it, We were very nervous about buying a Tata passenger car, given the horror stories in the past, we made sure we were thoroughly convinced that the Zest was a damn good car before going for it.

When I said, the car surprises ..., I meant others who had not seen the Zest earlier are surprised seeing the sheer performance of this vehicle.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the long term experience stays positive.
Old 17th November 2014, 15:13   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
It has been at least three months of sale and I am yet to see a Zest on the road during my daily commute from Thiruvanmiyur to Nungambakkam in Chennai. The only Zest I saw was a few weeks back near Ambur when I was travelling to B'luru. Is it that the allocation of new cars to Chennai is relatively low or the sales in Chennai is yet to warm up? Three months is good enough time to spot at at least a couple of cars.
Acutally I saw almost 3 zests in Chennai so far. I am in Bangalore but i come to chennai in weekends. Even then I spotted 3 of them. 1 White XT, 1 Beige XT and 1 Beige XMS (not sure it was XM or XMS). Saw 2 of them around the Saidapet Court and 1 in Pondibazaar.
jasonbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 15:19   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
1. I believe TATA has production capacity available that they can utilize to increase the Zests manufactured per month and reducing the waiting time. Why is that not happening? [ the SA will never have answer to the production planning of Tatas ...so dont expect never any answer on such queries from any dealer anywhere. If some dealer replies, he is just using his guess ..simple ]
my views in bold Italics against your queries.
Thanks Amazing.
My first query is not related to the SA, but in general about why TATA Motors is not ramping up the production and reduce the waiting time? I can understand the waiting time for AMT, but can't see the logic of waiting time for the other models particularly when there is unused production capacity.
Old 17th November 2014, 15:21   #1259
Team-BHP Support

Some variants of the recently launched Tata Zest compact sedan, are believed to have a waiting period of up to 6 months. A supply constraint from some of the vendors and an inadequate production capacity are the main causes for this long waiting period.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 15:39   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
While talking to the SA at Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad, where I made the booking (but did not confirm the model for the last two months), he mentioned that in order to get 2015 manufactured model, we'll need to wait till March 2015.

I have kept my booking on hold as I want to decide on my car upgrade in Jan 2015 whether to go for Zest or wait for other cars (S Cross etc)

SA told that Petrol versions have 6-7 week waiting period while diesel versions (non-AMT) have 3-4 week waiting period.

However I could not get a proper answer from the SA to the following questions.

Thanks
I don't know if anyone has studied this point properly but this looks like a marketing tactic to me. Remember the old Indica V2? Waiting period back then was like 2-3 days. My family had got an Indica in 2003 but with a very freshly launched color and it was petrol. That's why the waiting period was extended to 20 days.

So the point in giving long waiting period to customers is to play a mind game and make the customer believe that the car he is gonna buy is in HUGE demand. This is what I feel.

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 17th November 2014 at 15:40.
300 KMPH is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks