Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2014, 13:23   #1306
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
My friend's Zest XT diesel arrived yesterday. Finished the PDI and here we go with a few pictures. The XT now comes with the 18 spoke alloys than the 8 spoke ones. Personally I like the 18 spoke ones.

Nice attention to detail. The windshield wiper spray tank has an over flow pipe to neat get the water out than spilling it in the engine bay.

Delivery is slated for next Sunday. I will get to use this car frequently and will keep updating on the experience.
Congrats on your purchase! Is it the Prerana Motors at Lalbagh Road? If Yes, even I have booked at the place only. Do let me know how was the whole experience. When I saked them they informed that the XT diesel only comes with the 8 spoke one!

Also the Spill out pipe for the wiper tank was present in Indica Vista itself!
Old 23rd November 2014, 16:43   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
My friend's Zest XT diesel arrived yesterday. Finished the PDI and here we go with a few pictures. The XT now comes with the 18 spoke alloys than the 8 spoke ones. Personally I like the 18 spoke ones.

Nice attention to detail. The windshield wiper spray tank has an over flow pipe to neat get the water out than spilling it in the engine bay.
Congratulations on the New Ride!

Having now owned the New Club Class Manza now for 18 Months and having done nearly 35000 Kilometers without complain I, can safely predict that your friend will enjoy his new ride both in terms of reliability and performance for many years!

The overflow pipe has been there for sometime now and is there in the Manza as well.
Old 23rd November 2014, 16:44   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Is it the Prerana Motors at Lalbagh Road? If Yes, even I have booked at the place only. Do let me know how was the whole experience. When I saked them they informed that the XT diesel only comes with the 8 spoke one!

Also the Spill out pipe for the wiper tank was present in Indica Vista itself!
Yes. This is Prerana motors lalbagh road. The experience till now has nothing short of excellent. I believe the ones manufactured from October onwards have this 18 spoke one. Do check with your sales executive.

By the way who's your sales executive?
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:30   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. This is Prerana motors lalbagh road. The experience till now has nothing short of excellent. I believe the ones manufactured from October onwards have this 18 spoke one. Do check with your sales executive.

Sure, I will check with him. His name is Kiran. Even for me the experience has been excellent till now! Hope it continues!
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:22   #1310
BHPian

Even I can confirm an excellent transparent and honest dealing experience with the Prerna Motors at Dairy Circle. They are really good. My friend has booked a Revotron XMS with them. His delivery is sceduled for 22nd Dec.
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:12   #1311
BHPian

...and there you go...few more night shots...

But before that, I'm looking forward to upsize the tyres and alloys to 17" or 16"in the least...any comments?

Double post...I hope the mods merge it

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_202500.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_202604.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_201138.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_201201.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_201527.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th November 2014 at 08:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:41   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Even I can confirm an excellent transparent and honest dealing experience with the Prerna Motors at Dairy Circle. They are really good. My friend has booked a Revotron XMS with them. His delivery is sceduled for 22nd Dec.

Are you sure its Prerana motors and dairy circle. The dairy circle one belongs to Concorde motors.
Old 24th November 2014, 00:14   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure its Prerana motors and dairy circle. The dairy circle one belongs to Concorde motors.
Errr.. My bad, yes it is Concorde. Been there 4-5 times, they came to our place twice and they have been professional throughout.
Old 24th November 2014, 12:00   #1314
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Sure, I will check with him. His name is Kiran. Even for me the experience has been excellent till now! Hope it continues!
I just Confirmed with the sales guy that the XT version indeed comes in a 18 spoke alloy wheel!
jasonbourne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 20:55   #1315
BHPian

The CII Award for Design Excellence goes to the Tata Zest!

http://www.cii.in/PressreleasesDetai...A2DWI/oajY1L8=

Way to go TML!
shashi63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 12:32   #1316
BHPian

Took Delivery of my XMA on Friday last week, few observations. I think 2 things which should make life even more easier in driving these AMTs are:
1. Auto Creep function - in bumper to bumper traffic makes life much easier on only releasing and pushing brake, rather than very carefully gently feed the throttle and then brake and then do it all over again. It will also make reversing into tight spots effortless, as this i feel is extremely nerve racking, which is reversing in on those final 15-20 cms.

I saw a TV review of the AMT Alto, which has now this creep function.

2. Hill-hold - This is the other troublesome maneuver that one has to when you are starting from an incline. You will have to modulate with the handbrake to make life simpler.

Again something which is present in Celerio i think, so both these solutions are workable. Also miss the number of decent sized cubby holes, for e.g. my OnePlus One doesn't fit anywhere neither does the 500ml bottles.

Other than that I have driven some 200km, it is superb. Love the refinement and the power and the option to go Manual on the fly.

Some omissions other than the Airbags and the DRL, etc. that I miss in this variant over the XT
1. Touchscreen, have been used to on on my XUV, i still keep pressing the screen often
2. Boot Lamp, I mean c'mon TATA is that a differentiator?
3. Seat Height Adjust
4. Defogger - again a necessity in winters in Delhi

Will follow soon with more as we go along and some pics.
AGwagon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 19:36   #1317
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Awaiting the loan amount to be released, fingers crossed the delivery will be on time as well. Is there anything specific i need to ask the dealer before hand ? Something you people can shed light on, with your experience. Anything which can be handy, please do share.

Regards,
Devyaani.
devyaaniverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 20:30   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hi Guys,

Awaiting the loan amount to be released, fingers crossed the delivery will be on time as well. Is there anything specific i need to ask the dealer before hand ? Something you people can shed light on, with your experience. Anything which can be handy, please do share.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Not to worry, thinks will work out fine! Even I am in the same stage as yours - awaiting loan approval! Keep in touch with your SA at-least once a week for the status of your delivery, ask him to call you once the car is available at their stockyard and make sure you do all things mentioned in the PDI! Especially check for any scratch marks or repair works on the car once it comes to the Yard!
Old 26th November 2014, 10:23   #1319

Quote:
Keep in touch with your SA at-least once a week for the status of your delivery, ask him to call you once the car is available at their stockyard and make sure you do all things mentioned in the PDI! Especially check for any scratch marks or repair works on the car once it comes to the Yard!
I would like to share that Prerana Motors' stockyard is quite far off, 30 kms north IIRC. While it is sensible to tread with caution, from my experience, you're in good hands when dealing with Prerana Motors. I'm sure you'll have a pleasant experience.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:31   #1320
BHPian

Got the body kit installed on my cousin's zest. The spoiler is painted gloss black. Also the bottom of the rear skirt done in Matt black.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_111935.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_111851.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_111816.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_110349787.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_112640.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_112708.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141126_112745.jpg  

damodar is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks