Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2014, 18:11   #1456

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauto_fan View Post
As per MID display it is ranging between 12.8 to 14.6 kmpl. I am yet to measure on tank full method.
Tank Full Method - 14.1 kmpl what I have got on XMA on city driving (stop and go)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th December 2014 at 18:44. Reason: fixed quotes
vauto_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 20:57   #1457

So, going by the on paper specifications both the Zest and the higher segment Ciaz feature the same basic fiat 1.3 MJD engine with a variable geometry turbo that boost power output to 89 bhp. hmmm interesting!!
Old 13th December 2014, 06:56   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
So, going by the on paper specifications both the Zest and the higher segment Ciaz feature the same basic fiat 1.3 MJD engine with a variable geometry turbo that boost power output to 89 bhp. hmmm interesting!!
And even heavier Linea too.
Old 13th December 2014, 18:59   #1459
BHPian

I shortlisted Xcent and Zest. But now my family is leaning towards Zest. The only thing where I am not convinced is the FE of the Zest. This is because conflicting reports on FE. So I wanted to take a mileage test drive.

Me and my family took the first test drive almost a month and a half ago. However, there was no follow up from the dealer - National Autowheesls, Pune. I found it strange because the Hyundai guy was chasing me twice a week. Since I wanted to take the mileage test, I contacted the dealer. To speak to the salesperson who attended me for the first time, I made many calls and SMSes in last five days, which he never responded till last Thursday.
On Thursday, the salesperson agreed to give me the test drive but then he never turned up. Again I had to chase the dealer and the salesperson but no success till now.

I am sad that a good car is really in the hands of bad dealers. There seems to be no zeal to sell the Zest. I think I need to go to some other dealer which are very far from my place. I am really in sad state of mind.
Bridge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 19:20   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
I am sad that a good car is really in the hands of bad dealers. There seems to be no zeal to sell the Zest. I think I need to go to some other dealer which are very far from my place. I am really in sad state of mind.
Just go to Pandit Auto in Aundh or Law College road. Their support is good enough.

All other dealers in Pune are worth avoiding.

Did you consider the Punto? Imagine, a 90HP in Exotica Red!

Again, the dealers are Pandit, with good support.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 13th December 2014 at 19:21.
Old 14th December 2014, 09:58   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Just go to Pandit Auto in Aundh or Law College road. Their support is good enough.

All other dealers in Pune are worth avoiding.
That's 100% right. Pandit is the best. Concorde. .well I just pretend it doesn't exist.

Quote:
Did you consider the Punto? Imagine, a 90HP in Exotica Red!

Again, the dealers are Pandit, with good support.
Been there...done it. I've driven the Red 90hp Evo recently! It's not very great. Certainly not at the asking price. Zest is better on all counts (except personal liking) as a practical car.
Old 14th December 2014, 11:59   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That's 100% right. Pandit is the best. Concorde. .well I just pretend it doesn't exist.
Isn't Concorde owned by Tata motors - a kind of factory works dealership?
If so I find it strange that their behavior doesn't back Tata Motors stated commitment to provide better customer service.
Their own dealerships should be setting a high standard. I've got a Tata Manza in my extended family and they're super happy with the service at Concorde in south Mumbai.
Consistent levels of services is key:banghead:

Last edited by gomzi : 14th December 2014 at 12:03.
Old 15th December 2014, 22:22   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian

My brother in law has got a delivery date of 23rd December for this Zest XT RT 90PS after multiple follow ups with Tata. The 10th, 11th, 12th character of chassis number is ELP. 12th character(P) indicates the month of manufacture, however 'P' doesn't belong to any month. Any one faced similar issue?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
Old 15th December 2014, 23:09   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My brother in law has got a delivery date of 23rd December for this Zest XT RT 90PS after multiple follow ups with Tata. The 10th, 11th, 12th character of chassis number is ELP. 12th character(P) indicates the month of manufacture, however 'P' doesn't belong to any month. Any one faced similar issue?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
Arun, from the info I gathered from facebook, that P should mean December, since I read that the 'N' in 'ELN' means November and 'O' isn't used in VIN. Not 100% sure about the credibility of the source.
Since B,I,L are excluded, November takes 'N' instead of 'K'.

Source:
Name:  Zest.png
Views: 2224
Size:  18.4 KB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZestOwners/

Last edited by theredliner : 15th December 2014 at 23:17.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 10:46   #1465
Distinguished - BHPian

In last 2 days, I have seen two (different ) Zest XTs in Pune with only one set of DRLs working. I hope this is not a dormant QC issue that we are looking at.

Owners - please check them once in a while to be working. As DRLs are a feature we'll not notice unless someone on the outside tells us to be not working.
Old 16th December 2014, 11:06   #1466
Senior - BHPian

I had been to a popular tourist place near Pune over the weekend and I spotted a "lot" of Zests during the trip. Lot does not mean as many Zests as Swifts/Altos/Indicas, but for a car that is just 2 months old in the market, there were a lot.

White, naturally, seems to be the favourite colour with the Zest buyers and then the beige shade. The Revotron Zest was literally flying on the well-laid NH-4 with hardly any noticeable swaying/fish-tailing effect. Those DRLs look smashing and promptly noticeable even from a long distance.
Old 16th December 2014, 11:22   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauto_fan View Post
Tank Full Method - 14.1 kmpl what I have got on XMA on city driving (stop and go)
My XMA on a Tank to Tank method returned 14.9 in city (first tank), while here the MID was showing 14.3
and on the highway 550-600km trip where I was mostly driving at 100-120 gave me only 17 (this tank full had some city driving too).

I am already seeing the MID at 16 for this new tank full so I'm expecting it to give now around 16.5-17 in the city. I'm about to complete 2000kms
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 12:43   #1468
BHPian

I have two questions related to the Run-in period of Zest.
  1. The recommened First Service interval for Zest comes up at 4500 Kms or 3 Months. Do we still have to change the Oil after the first 1000 Kms and then on stick to these intervals as per the article How to Run-In your New Car? When I asked the SA for changing it at 1000 KMs, he recommends not to even if I am spending it out of my pocket
  2. In this thread I see lot of people posting that they drive at 120 Kmph even before the first 1000 Kms. Is it not harmful for the engine? Wont it be advisable to reach those speeds after the first 1000 Kms?
Old 16th December 2014, 12:50   #1469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
I have two questions related to the Run-in period of Zest.
  1. The recommened First Service interval for Zest comes up at 4500 Kms or 3 Months. Do we still have to change the Oil after the first 1000 Kms and then on stick to these intervals as per the article How to Run-In your New Car?
  2. In this thread I see lot of people posting that they drive at 120 Kmph even before the first 1000 Kms. Is it not harmful for the engine? Wont it be advisable to reach those speeds after the first 1000 Kms?
Refer the manual for the service interval and Oil change. Even in my Grand i10 diesel, the first oil change in at 10,000/- kms. or 1 year, whichever occurs earlier. No oil change in first service, though the first service was at 1000 kms. Actually, in the modern cars, first service is just regular check-up than any actual fluid change, etc.

Also, for running in, the manual will have more details. My car had an advice to drive between 2000-4000 rpm for first 1600 kms. or so. Somehow due to my usage, it was just the opposite. Its now only after a couple of highway runs that engine has opened up a bit.
The modern technology/materials do not need so much running in as earlier cars did. Yes, just flooring the pedal is certainly not the correct way, but a more linear approach helps.
What you do need to care for is avoiding sudden acceleration and sudden deceleration. Try to have a very linear acceleration and anticipate for a relatively smoother braking.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th December 2014 at 12:51.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 12:53   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
My XMA on a Tank to Tank method returned 14.9 in city (first tank), while here the MID was showing 14.3
and on the highway 550-600km trip where I was mostly driving at 100-120 gave me only 17 (this tank full had some city driving too).

I am already seeing the MID at 16 for this new tank full so I'm expecting it to give now around 16.5-17 in the city. I'm about to complete 2000kms
It will improve. MJD is frugal. I expect around 20 in highway conditions and some 16 in city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks