Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 14:01   #601
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I sure hope Tata area sales manager for their own Concorde Motors in Mumbai is watching this thread too

As one who booked a Zest end-July even before launch, I am yet to get an email confirmation that I will get my Zest Revotron XT in September. I have told them I will have to cancel if I dont get such confirmation this week.
Pleasant surprise, I just got a mail from Tata Concorde confirming I will get delivery in September. Now need a confirmation of actual date.

Color choice I have given is in the order : Dune Beige, White, Silver, Blue, Red & Grey.

Last edited by gsurya : 27th August 2014 at 14:02.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:30   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Update: One of the TATA area sales managers called me today regarding this post !!!
This sounds just too good. Despite the soft corner I have for Tata, I always had this feeling that there was a huge gap b/w them and the likes of Hyundai, even Maruti. But product wise, I have taken TDs of the Zest and I am sure that the gap is either no more there, or may be they have a better product for the first time. Only thing left to see now is long term reliability.
Seeing this post, I have a really good feeling of things getting better at their Customer Service front too. Plus, being a part of teambhp, it gives me joy that these people are taking things really seriously, especially they are seeing this forum as a credible place where credible people come and talk. Yes, there may be much left to do yet, but overall, I am more than satisfied.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:42   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Color choice I have given is in the order : Dune Beige, White, Silver, Blue, Red & Grey.
today morning , saw 2 freshly baked top end ZEST in Chinchwad, rushing out of the factory gate towards the dealership may be.

one is RED and another is GREY ....both were looking great and fabulous, with he DRL on ...I felt the body profile of this car suits any color , so far I have seen.

Lot of heads turning to have 2nd/3rd look at the car ...attractive road presence!

Grey and Red are your 2 last choices :-)
Old 27th August 2014, 14:53   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Grey and Red are your 2 last choices :-)
Choice is getting tougher. My sequence was with this logic:
  • I saw Red & Blue during TD, both look awesome, but I dont trust myself to maintain them well. Dune Beige looked fabulous during in a review video & are easily maintained
  • White/Silver are evergreen on any car
  • Grey is a hit or miss, I havent seen it on the Zest yet
Old 27th August 2014, 15:19   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pleasant surprise, I just got a mail from Tata Concorde confirming I will get delivery in September. Now need a confirmation of actual date.
WOW! Looks like TATA is monitoring this thread very closely. But what about the common people who do not access such forums?
Old 27th August 2014, 15:21   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
WOW! Looks like TATA is monitoring this thread very closely. But what about the common people who do not access such forums?
I dont think my email was in response to this forum, I have been pestering them daily & this morning threatened to cancel today. So it got escalated & the Sales Manager responded.

But yes, they can put in a smoother & transparent promise-to-deliver system after booking instead of such free-for-all with the dealers.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:24   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Choice is getting tougher. My sequence was with this logic:
  • I saw Red & Blue during TD, both look awesome, but I dont trust myself to maintain them well.
  • Dune Beige looked fabulous during in a review video & is easily maintained
  • White/Silver are evergreen on any car
  • Grey is a hit or miss, I havent seen it on the Zest yet
I have seen the Dune beige in Pandit showroom , Pune. XT Revotron [ refer to my post # 549 in this thread] . Indeed a fantastic color , esp the black grill in front, and the red wrap around tail lamps were just looking fab on this beige.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:25   #608
BHPian

Have canceled my Revotron XT booking of 19 July as I needed a car by the first week of September. There is no word about when the car will be delivered. Apparently now the dealer will know only in the first week about when they can commit to the delivery dates. Very poor order management by Tata.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:25   #609
Senior - BHPian

Have received a call from for test drive. Since I am planning to travel this weekend decided to take test drive after coming back.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:34   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Have canceled my Revotron XT booking of 19 July as I needed a car by the first week of September. There is no word about when the car will be delivered. Apparently now the dealer will know only in the first week about when they can commit to the delivery dates. Very poor order management by Tata.
My booking was on 24th July, Order No. 602 & I now have email confirmation of a delivery during September.

It took some pushing to get it, agree they could have been more professional given how smooth the marketing & online booking process has been.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:38   #611
BHPian

@IMeMyself : I believe one of the reasons for the delivery commitment chaos is that Tata had originally planned to officially launch the car only around 21st August but then preponed it hastily by a couple of weeks because of New Polo & Punto Evo launches. Was a clever idea though.

The dealers got the cars in showrooms only last weekend, this strengthens my theory.
Old 27th August 2014, 16:05   #612
BHPian

Quote:
@IMeMyself : I believe one of the reasons for the delivery commitment chaos is that Tata had originally planned to officially launch the car only around 21st August but then preponed it hastily by a couple of weeks because of New Polo & Punto Evo launches. Was a clever idea though.

The dealers got the cars in showrooms only last weekend, this strengthens my theory.
Plausible theory but I doubt it. That's because their marketing plan as shared by someone before the launch had details of events at malls etc right up to 12th August on which day the events were scheduled to be held at TML, Pune. I suspect it's the other way round with the Punto Evo and Elite i20 launch dates being advanced to beat the Zest launch date.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:23   #613
BHPian

People, test drove the Zest Petrol (Mid Variant Yesterday). I currently drive the Palio MJD that has done 80 K plus over the last 6 years and intend to keep the same for at least a couple more years. Looking for a replacement to my dad's Fiesta 1.6 (old one). My observations are below:

1. Surely the interiors don't feel like a Tata. Feels more like a Skoda or a Polo. I suppose the benchmark is still Hyundai.
2. Space utilization is fantastic. Leg room is better than even the Fiesta Classic. Seems to carry the legacy of the Manza. Seating is also comfy. Shoulder space for 3 adults is just average. Will still rate Manza and Vista to be better. I suppose it will be Manza, Vista > Palio > Fiesta > Zest > Dzire
3. Clutch Travel is very short. Little uncomfortable for me as I am used to the loonngg clutch travel on the Palio.
4. Steering is delight to hold. Just not like a typical Tata.
5. Even the mid variant has got good features which, have already been highlighted in the official review.
6. Drive is super light, feels like a toy in front of the Palio. But looses out on poor roads. Maybe coz I am comparing to the Palio but, even though seats are comfy, the ride is not very comfy in city especially on Blr roads.
7. Driveability of the engine is average in city/eco mode. Feels a little under powered car when fully loaded. Was expecting it to be better considering higher torque due to the turbo. Somehow you can compare it to the 1.2 of the Hyundai i20
8. Exteriors are subjective and hence nothing much to comment but, surely the beige color is one of the better one's on this car.

All said and done, if one purely looks at the package as a whole minus the pricing, it is nothing exceptional when compared to the competition but, if you look at it including the pricing, it scores more than the competition.

Just hope that the petrol engine turns out to be reliable and fuel efficient.

Cheers

PS - Out of curiosity when I asked the salesman as to how different is the petrol engine when compared to one on Xeta (except for the turbo), I got an epic answer
"Sir, this is a totally new engine block. It is so good that Maruti have approached Tata for 1 lakh engines but, of course Tata has politely refused."
Hmm, I was like thinking, wow, you have made my day buddy
pareshraheja is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 19:39   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
PS - Out of curiosity when I asked the salesman as to how different is the petrol engine when compared to one on Xeta (except for the turbo), I got an epic answer

which dealership was this ?
Old 28th August 2014, 09:06   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
"Sir, this is a totally new engine block. It is so good that Maruti have approached Tata for 1 lakh engines but, of course Tata has politely refused."
Do you have any proof to show that he is wrong!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks