Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 16:51   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

I think the color in question "Pristine White" is metallic in nature and not a normal white. My Manza was "Dew White" which essentially is a shade of white that is somewhat pearlish to look at. Under different lights the shade slightly changes color, so my guess that's why the extra charge.
Old 28th August 2014, 17:43   #632
Senior - BHPian

That's odd. Usually metallic colors are charged extra. When i bought Manza all metallic colors were 5k more than white one. Same while buying City, metallic colors are 6k more than white. But, charging extra for White color. That's a first i am hearing this.

Last edited by harry10 : 28th August 2014 at 17:46.
Old 28th August 2014, 17:49   #633
Senior - BHPian

Generally, most manufacturers charge extra for metallic colors - so, I don't see TATA doing anything different than market norm here.

This is the same with Hyundai, Honda, Maruthi etc - in fact, Tata is charging extra ONLY for pristine white color (Might be because it is pearl finish) but you will have to pay extra if you choose any metallic colors from other manufactures.

--Anoop
Old 28th August 2014, 20:19   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

This is the same with Hyundai, Honda, Maruthi etc - in fact, Tata is charging extra ONLY for pristine white color (Might be because it is pearl finish) but you will have to pay extra if you choose any metallic colors from other manufactures.

--Anoop
Exactly. When I was in the market for a car, like everyone, I went to the Maruti showroom for checking out the Swift. As far as I can remember, they were charging a premium for the white color too. And the waiting period was more than 4 months with no confirmed dates for delivery. But people happily waited for 5 months for a car, which for me, was ridiculous.

Some people just want to crib since it is a Tata. Let them continue to do so. I would say "Do not feed the troll" !!
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 21:46   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

The numbers are in - the Tata Zest has collected over 10,000 bookings within 3 weeks of it's launch!!

Only 2,000 of them have been delivered by Tata so far, as per MotorBeam.

Quote:
As per our source, the aggressively priced Zest has garnered over 10,000 bookings within just three weeks of launch, while the company delivered just over 2000 units till the start of this week. With the overwhelming response, Tata joins the league of super successful launches that currently includes models like the Mahindra XUV500, Ford EcoSport, Honda Amaze, City, Mobilio and the likes that also managed to garner a ton of bookings within just days of launch.
SOURCE - MotorBeam
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 22:23   #636
Senior - BHPian

Busy days for Tata Motors after a long lull period, they should ramp-up there production and clear off the waiting period and maximize their gains.
Lets wait and watch which all manufacture got impacted by this model, this feature rich Zest will definitely change the future dynamics of the Indian car industry by providing so many class leading features at a great price point.
Definitely Zest has raised the bar for all the other manufactures, I imagine AC, head units, ABS, EBD , 2 airbags, alloy wheels as standard on all basic models...good days for Indian car buyers.
Old 28th August 2014, 23:27   #637
BHPian

I fail to understand India's obsession with the white and silver color in a car. Let it be any make any model any class. Is it just because they are easy to maintain, don't look dirty even if gather dust? Or something else? In my opinion dark colors like black, Blue, red look much richer and give a persona to any car. Zest looks stunning in blue. Even newly painted in whatever white, silver shade car can't hold a candle to a detailed and polished black car! No doubt dark colours are a headache to maintain but still... That doesn't mean we go on buying either white or silver
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 23:50   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I fail to understand India's obsession with the white and silver color in a car. Let it be any make any model any class. Is it just because they are easy to maintain, don't look dirty even if gather dust? Or something else? In my opinion dark colors like black, Blue, red look much richer and give a persona to any car. Zest looks stunning in blue. Even newly painted in whatever white, silver shade car can't hold a candle to a detailed and polished black car! No doubt dark colours are a headache to maintain but still... That doesn't mean we go on buying either white or silver
Recently I heard one more reason for people buying white or silver. Those cars fetch good price in used car market compared to dark ones
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 00:25   #639
BHPian

First they complained about boring designs, boring interiors, poor quality, panel gaps etc.
...Tata Motors addressed them in the Zest

Then they complained about how Tata Motors is always lagging behind the competition
... Tata Motors got a Diesel AMT, Multiple Engine Modes, Alloy wheels standard across all variants, not to forget the Harman Kardon Music System and Projector lights in this segment.

Then they complained about how Tata Motors went overboard with the Aria pricing
...Tata Motors priced Zest very very attractively

Then they complained about lack of advertising to support the product
...Tata Motors launched multiple full page advts

Now what do we have ?
Complaints about quality of advertising and extra charges for a specific shade? Well Honda charges 6000 bucks more (excluding octroi) for metallic or pearl shades of the City. These are all published prices, not hidden charges levied by dealers. But, we still hold a grudge against Tata Motors. Why !

Cmon Tata Motors, come up with another advt like the legendary "Tata Safari DICOR" that will pull everybody's heart strings and you will have fence-sitters crossing over.
sachinayak is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 04:28   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The numbers are in - the Tata Zest has collected over 10,000 bookings within 3 weeks of it's launch!!

I booked my Zest Revotron XT on 24th July, well before the launch & got an order #602.

Assuming that was the nationwide #, why don't I even have a delivery date from Tata?

Especially when I have told them I was willing to take ANY available color? Annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 29th August 2014, 07:18   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am actually quite surprised that the zest is not available in Black! My Manza looks majestic and regal in Black and I agree that most cars look really good in Black!
Old 29th August 2014, 10:51   #642
BHPian

Got a call from Tata Concorde this morning, with Ganesh Chaturthi wishes.

The sales manager says that Tata motors has said my Revotron XT, hopefully of my color choice Dune Beige, will definitely be delivered in 15-20 days & mine has high priority being pre-booking. They will be able to confirm the date by 1st Sept or so.

They have delivered quite a few XM & lower models nationwide already, but XTs are much fewer in production. Guess they didnt anticipate the demand for the top version well!
gsurya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 11:08   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Got a call from Tata Concorde this morning, with Ganesh Chaturthi wishes.

The sales manager says that Tata motors has said my Revotron XT, hopefully of my color choice Dune Beige, will definitely be delivered in 15-20 days & mine has high priority being pre-booking. They will be able to confirm the date by 1st Sept or so.

They have delivered quite a few XM & lower models nationwide already, but XTs are much fewer in production. Guess they didnt anticipate the demand for the top version well!
gsurya, I wish VW was as proactive as Tata. More than a month and a half of waiting for my GT TSI and not a word.
Old 29th August 2014, 11:20   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Now what do we have ?
Complaints about quality of advertising and extra charges for a specific shade? Well Honda charges 6000 bucks more (excluding octroi) for metallic or pearl shades of the City. These are all published prices, not hidden charges levied by dealers. But, we still hold a grudge against Tata Motors. Why !
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Given tata's track record with 1.0 launches, and their historical issues with quality / service - skeptics like me who've seen the AMT with interest, will only get convinced one year down the line.

Sorry but there's enough tens of lakhs spent by multiple relatives in tata vehicles with a hassled ownership (three cars by close relations). Convincing those folks / their near and dear ones won't be so simple brother.

Having said that, all the signs so far point in the right direction!

in fact, as and when I upgrade, my current interest remains in the celerio (or the zest if it proves itself) simply for the ease of city driving. A bigger nicer car for outside tours can wait.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 12:08   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
gsurya, I wish VW was as proactive as Tata. More than a month and a half of waiting for my GT TSI and not a word.
Tata Motors has carved out a separate vertical focused on passenger car customer care. Earlier the same team was doing commercial vehicles & passenger cars, result was well known.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle6354235.ece
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks