Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 23:25   #766
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Guys I'm trying to decide between zest, swift, brio and grand i10. My requirements:

One more area of concern is that there is only one Tata dealer in the state. How does Tata ownership cost compare to Maruti and ford? Will it be complete peace of mind incase of zest with the standard 3 years warranty+extended warranty. I need a reliable vehicle for atleast 6 years.
I have also booked zest hoping maintenance should be peace of mind and I am quite sure I am right in thinking so. This is my second TATA vehicle and cost of owner is not a problem at all !
Old 12th September 2014, 23:57   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
Rs.4000/- for basic accessories
Usually, the overpriced accessories come as part of the bargains, either as discounts or to reduce the waiting period, neither of which seems to be applicable in your case. Did they mention a list of things that come under the basic accessories?

Someone had posted the accessories pricing in this thread. Just see if there is any overpriced item in that list that you can get from outside, since you have to pay for these separately anyway and you dont seem to be getting any benefit due to this. Mats, mudflaps etc used to be the basic accessories in the past which shouldn't cost more than Rs.1000.
Old 13th September 2014, 10:49   #768
BHPian

I've compared Features of select vehicles in a price range (Rs 6-7 lakhs for petrol & Rs 7-8 lakhs for diesel variants) in the following thread. The comparison sheets including posts#1-3 have been updated. The comparison now includes the latest entrant - Tata's Zest.

Car Models whose Features are compared are as follows:

1) Honda Amaze (1.2 P / 1.5 D)
2) Maruti Suzuki Dzire (1.2 P / 1.3 D)
3) Hyundai Xcent (1.2 P / 1.1 D)
4) Tata Zest (1.2T P / 1.3 D)
5) Toyota Etios (1.5 P / 1.5 D)
6) Tata Indigo Manza (1.4 P / 1.3 D)
7) Chevrolet Sail (1.2 P / 1.3 D)
8) Ford EcoSport (1.5 P / 1.5 D)
9) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (1.4 P / 1.3 D)
10) Nissan Sunny (1.5 P / 1.5 D)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...akh-range.html

Hope this is useful
jessie007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 13:39   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Even in case of diesel, we had a 2004 Indica V2 in our family that served well for 8 years and 80k kms. It started giving troubles only around the 75000km mark, which seems to be a magic number in case of Indica/Indigo diesels of that era as I've heard others with same opinion that all the major works started hitting around this range.
Hi zenren. I have an Indica DLX of the same vintage as yours and I very much agree with your experience. Though I didn't I didn't have any major issues, my maintenance expenses increased substantially after the 70k mark, which can be expected with any diesel car. I did the clutch replacement, starter overhaul, alternator overhaul, fuel injection pump overhaul etc. Most of these were from preventive maintenance perspective and not any breakdowns. This has ensured that even after 10 years and almost 150k kms it is my daily drive to office and I don't fear getting stranded in the middle of road. It has been as reliable as ever.
Old 13th September 2014, 14:47   #770
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2014 at 11:15.
kedar3223 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2014, 14:59   #771
BHPian

. Did they mention a list of things that come under the basic accessories?

Basic accessories include Matting, Mud Flap, Car Perfume, Murti, Neck Rest, Tissue Box, Mobile holder
Old 13th September 2014, 18:42   #772
BHPian

Took another TD and this time it was the XT DSL!

Since I was not able to test drive the diesel the last time, I went to Auto Vikas in Kirti Nagar again and was able to TD the diesel.

The car is much powerful...yes, the 90ps engine doesn't fail to impress. Although I found NHV levels to be high as compared to the Dzire L.di that I presently own. Finance options were also discussed in detail and the car can be owned for as low as 98K down payment from ICICI bank with an interest rate of 11% for 5 years!

Also, the accessories list were discussed in detail where in I found that the accessoriew were priced on a higher side as in the rear view parking assist camera for 22k, after market speakers only by sony and blaupunkt and that too hovering around 6.5k for ovals. 28k for the body kit and around 12k for the PU leather seat covers etc.

Although the Gold extended warranty is really great and was not told the last time and was duly confirmed that even the wear and tear on tires, clutch plates, break pads etc is also covered!

Will be trading off the Dzire soon and would go for the zest!
bullet_chacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 22:16   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
They will do an ECS payment to the account number on your cancelled cheque. That is how ECS is set up in India. You provide a cancelled cheque. No doubt Tata should have implemented direct refunds to the credit card to make it easier.
I sent an email containing similar observations as posted here to the ID 'isandy' had mentioned and got a response the next day. A day after that, i.e. today I got a call from Mr. Vishwas Kapoor, State Head. He clarified that the refund will be to my credit card and that Concorde had erred in communicating the refund process as regards the cancelled cheque requirement. That process is applicable only in case of booking at the dealer level. He also tried to ascertain if I still had any requirement of the car. I told him that we would have picked up the Tata if in case we had gotten the delivery immediately. The long delay caused us to look around and chance upon another car whose ready availability made the decision for us.

Glad to see that the most straightforward/accepted procedure wrt refund is being followed; I was wondering how a top corporate like Tata would have cumbersome processes for refund.
IMeMyself is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 22:19   #774
BHPian

Merging back-to-back posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartya sinha View Post
The dealers are charging 1.5 K to 2 K for zero dep insurance over comprehensive flat across the spectrum? or is the extra money for only dune beige colour? How much have they quoted you?. please do forgive my ignorance. I'm quoted a value of Rs. 26385.00 for comprehensive insurance, cash less facility. The zero dep is even more, I do not even remember the value, as I was not interested. I inquired the same outside. Royal Sundaram came out cheap and best. For the same cash less facility they quoted me Rs. 15,081.00 for comprehensive, and Rs. 19,931/- for zero dep. Bench mark price being Rs. 6.99 lakhs (The IDV would be 5% less than this value, as they said its a standard procedure with all Insurance companies).

I've booked XT - diesel, dune beige, and I'm told not to expect anything before 8 weeks, I booked on last week of Aug. In fact this waiting period is flat across all variants, and is boldly highlighted in the show room. So for us out here in Delhi, its safe to say post diwali.
Hi Amartya,
1.5 to 2k extra is not for colour , it's for comprehensive insurance. only on White they are charing 5 K extra , for rest there is no extra charge.
Dealer quote for insurance is 24493 plus almost 2k xtra for comprehensive ins.

I was waiting for the quotes directly from AIG and Royal Sundaram however only RS has followed up and given me detailed quote. During discussion AIG guy had told me an approx figure of 27000 which is more or less same what dealer quoted but detailed quote is not given on email yet by them.

From Royal Sundaram , I got below details:

Comprehensive premium: 18516
The quote is inclusive of 2 lakhs coverage for owner/ driver.
7.5 lakhs coverage for third party property damage
unlimited claims for accident death or injury for third party
With Insured Declared Value :Rs.6,12,750

also they said number of claims are unlimited which I doubt but need to check it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
I sent an email containing similar observations as posted here to the ID 'isandy' had mentioned and got a response the next day. A day after that, i.e. today I got a call from Mr. Vishwas Kapoor, State Head. He clarified that the refund will be to my credit card and that Concorde had erred in communicating the refund process as regards the cancelled cheque requirement. That process is applicable only in case of booking at the dealer level. He also tried to ascertain if I still had any requirement of the car. I told him that we would have picked up the Tata if in case we had gotten the delivery immediately. The long delay caused us to look around and chance upon another car whose ready availability made the decision for us.

Glad to see that the most straightforward/accepted procedure wrt refund is being followed; I was wondering how a top corporate like Tata would have cumbersome processes for refund.
I am sure , if you will negotiate and bit and ready to give instant payment , they will get ready for very short delivery time.

Last edited by noopster : 13th September 2014 at 23:08.
Old 14th September 2014, 15:21   #775
BHPian

Today I booked Tata Zest diesel XMS variant in Dune beige colour. The SA told me that tomorrow he will let me know when is the Dune beige colour arriving. Lets see when will I be able to get my hands on Zest.
Old 14th September 2014, 15:52   #776
Senior - BHPian

@HappyRoadie - We visited Tata Motors Pune plant yesterday and saw how Zest is made, also got an opportunity to test drive Zest on their test track

We saw almost all colors inside the plant/assembly line, but did not spot a single Dune beige Zest.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 22:59   #777
BHPian

The delivery has started right? For Zest? I'm thinking to book it soon! But no ownership reviews yet! Any reports from anybody on a few days of ownership atleast?
Old 15th September 2014, 05:48   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
The delivery has started right? For Zest? I'm thinking to book it soon! But no ownership reviews yet! Any reports from anybody on a few days of ownership atleast?
Yes delivery has started. Yesterday when I had gone to book the Zest the SA told me that they have so far received 120 bookings and all the customers want the car to be delivered by Diwali or before that. You definitely go ahead and book one soon as the demand is quite high and it may increase delivery time even more.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:01   #779
BHPian

Yesterday saw a dune beige XT , diesel in nigdi, pune., registered may be in last 7 days seeing the number series. Awesome looking color ...driven very cautiously. Undoubtedly the best looking CS now ...looks like more of these are seen on road, will create more customer interest. Good luck to Tata for creating a winner after a long time.
Yet to see a white zest on flesh ...earlier I was planning to book beige or red, but now waiting to see the white zest before the final call.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:17   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
My dealer had delivered 20+ Zests already as of Friday last week, but only one Revotron XT Blue that too to Cyrus Mistry! I would have been the 2nd Revotron XT if I had accepted the Red color on offer.

Now I am waiting for a Dune Beige or White to show up, either Revotron XT or XMS trim will do, but has to be in September. Hope to get some good news this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks