Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 12:56   #781
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

saw the zest on road today on the Western express highway. The shell still iduces a tata image, but the tall stance and DRLs unmistakenly give it a better look. Looked awesome in silver colour. This one though was driven very fast, surely not a way to rip a new car
Old 15th September 2014, 13:06   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Yesterday saw a dune beige XT , diesel in nigdi, pune., registered may be in last 7 days seeing the number series. Awesome looking color ...driven very cautiously. Undoubtedly the best looking CS now ...looks like more of these are seen on road, will create more customer interest. Good luck to Tata for creating a winner after a long time.
Yet to see a white zest on flesh ...earlier I was planning to book beige or red, but now waiting to see the white zest before the final call.
Yes, take a look at white before booking. Zest looks very nice in white and dune beige.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:09   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Actually, if you read the Delhi High Court judgement that you have yourself posted, the High Court has upheld the right of the dealers to take handling charges from buyers as long as the same are not on account of registration. The dealers' association had argued before the court that the handling charges were on account of expenditure incurred by dealers on things like stockyard services, warehousing charges, driving costs involved in transporting the car from stockyard to showroom, transit risk insurance from stockyard to showroom, polishing and waxing, fuel given following delivery, etc. The court accepted their argument and said that in the absence of any law to prohibiting/controlling such charges, it could not issue any direction.

I have no idea whether the said judgement was challenged before a bigger bench or the Supreme Court. It definitely does not help your cause and probably that's why sending it to TM did not produce the result you wanted.
You are absolutely spot on. The matter is sub-judice, waiting to be heard before a higher bench. I got a reply from the TATA motor official, even they highlighted the exact same portion of the court order as mentioned by you.

My question to TM was a little different, I had said I don't mind paying handling charges, but does TM have any mechanism in place to check as to how much amount is being charged by the dealers in the name of 'HANDLING CHARGES', and can it vary from vehicle to vehicle depending on it Ex - showroom price? For example - Does the driver charges vary from vehicle to vehicle?

I myself am in the service industry, and had asked the TM official, if it was not under fair practice to offer a 'CLEANED' car to the customer during delivery?
Is there any regulation, which mandates the dealer to provide the customer with say 'x' amount of fuel in the car during delivery? For, as far as I know, they give you just as much fuel for you to drive to the nearest fuel pump.

These were just a few queries I had put across to TM official, to which he sheepishly grinned, and I got my answer.
Old 15th September 2014, 14:53   #784
BHPian

Re: Merging back-to-back posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Hi Amartya,
1.5 to 2k extra is not for colour , it's for comprehensive insurance. only on White they are charing 5 K extra , for rest there is no extra charge.
Dealer quote for insurance is 24493 plus almost 2k xtra for comprehensive ins.

I was waiting for the quotes directly from AIG and Royal Sundaram however only RS has followed up and given me detailed quote. During discussion AIG guy had told me an approx figure of 27000 which is more or less same what dealer quoted but detailed quote is not given on email yet by them.

From Royal Sundaram , I got below details:

Comprehensive premium: 18516
The quote is inclusive of 2 lakhs coverage for owner/ driver.
7.5 lakhs coverage for third party property damage
unlimited claims for accident death or injury for third party
With Insured Declared Value :Rs.6,12,750

also they said number of claims are unlimited which I doubt but need to check it further.

I am sure , if you will negotiate and bit and ready to give instant payment , they will get ready for very short delivery time.
The quote you got from Royal Sundaram is in line with what they have quoted me too.

They have sent me a quotation via email, where in they have confirmed that number of claim is unlimited. They have a cash less tie up with all TATA outlets.
amartya sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:43   #785
BHPian

I just got my VIN & Engine # for a Revotron XT Zest Pearl White color that will be mine in a week.

Vehicle is on its way to the stockyard now & I will do a PDI later this week.

This was my first preference of color but was initially told there is a long wait, so I am quite happy this happened out of the blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
gsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 18:00   #786
BHPian

Guys has the manza been discontinued upon the launch of zest or will it continue to sell?
Old 15th September 2014, 18:52   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I just got my VIN & Engine # for a Revotron XT Zest Pearl White color that will be mine in a week.

Vehicle is on its way to the stockyard now & I will do a PDI later this week.

This was my first preference of color but was initially told there is a long wait, so I am quite happy this happened out of the blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Even I have been told that there's a long wait for the White color. Glad to know you will be getting your Zest soon. Hope to see your ownership review soon.
I still cannot decide which color to go for. I'm very much confused between Red,Grey,Beige and Silver so planning to visit the stockyard this week to check out the colors in person and then finalize it.
Old 15th September 2014, 18:53   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Guys has the manza been discontinued upon the launch of zest or will it continue to sell?
Not yet at least. The Manza is still being sold.
Technically it is in a different class as it is much larger then the Zest. However its sales have been low and thus it is possible that it might get discontinued down the road. It is a beautiful car and it would be great if it is revamped and offered at a good price rather than being discontinued.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:12   #789
BHPian

Has anyone booked a Zest in Delhi?

The deal for my Dzire is done and I would be booking it in a day or two. I was quoted an amount of 21k for the booking. Not very clear on the waiting period though.

Can anyone share their views/comments on the waiting of Pearl White color? (especially in Delhi)
Old 15th September 2014, 23:10   #790
BHPian

Test drove the Diesel top end XT today for my uncle. Went in his Manza which he wants to exchange. What a change!! For the better. The car does look like Manza from front but is really much better.
Hardly any noise in the cabin, definitely less than the Honday City Diesel (which also we TD'd).
The fit and finish is excellent.
Space is as good as it gets.
Steering is very light and easy but has good response. Did not seem like a problem at all.
Clutch was just superb, very light.
Gears very good, short throw and smooth. But felt the vibrations on the knob.
Brakes were good and the pickup was not bad at all.
The HU was awesome!!
Except for the small boot due to it being a CS, everything is more than just VFM.

Tata have outdone themselves this time and I hope the car succeeds for them. They deserve it for sure.
jesrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 06:46   #791
BHPian

Hello,

Has the booking started for the AMT version ? Has anyone booked the AMT ? What is the final price of the AMT ? I believe it does not come with airbags.

I am confused between Zest AMT and Honda City Automatic. Any advice ?

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2014, 07:03   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Not yet at least. The Manza is still being sold.
Technically it is in a different class as it is much larger then the Zest. However its sales have been low and thus it is possible that it might get discontinued down the road. It is a beautiful car and it would be great if it is revamped and offered at a good price rather than being discontinued.
Manza will be continued to be sold in present form until next year when there will be a Falcon platform based sedan from Tata.

http://bharathautos.com/2-new-tata-f...act-sedan.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
Has the booking started for the AMT version ? Has anyone booked the AMT ? What is the final price of the AMT ? I believe it does not come with airbags.

I am confused between Zest AMT and Honda City Automatic. Any advice ?
Bookings have started for Tata AMT but dont expect delivery for a couple of months.

You cannot compare Zest AMT with Honda City Auto, the latter is leagues ahead! Even i20 Auto, XCent Auto would be better - you should test drive & make your choice.

Last edited by Stratos : 16th September 2014 at 08:59.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:25   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manza will be continued to be sold in present form until next year when there will be a Falcon platform based sedan from Tata.
http://bharathautos.com/2-new-tata-f...act-sedan.html
According to the report cited by you, Falcon 4 is Tata Bolt while Falcon 5 is the Zest.

The X0 hatch and Kite CS are meant to replace the Indica eV2 and Indigo CS.

There's nothing in the report about Manza replacement other than the Zest.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:34   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats gsurya,
I have been following this thread & your posts. Finally you are getting your Zest in September as you desired.

The whole episode shows there have been good amount of improvement the way Tata Motors & their distributors are working now.
Hope similar improvements are taking place in their after sales area as well.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:48   #795
Senior - BHPian

Today I checked out a Dune Beige XE. Even the base model looks quite good inside out and if one puts a nice 2 DIN audio system, it would definitely be the most well equipped base model in this segment. The Dune Beige colour also adds to the premiun-ness of the product.
The SA who was standing next to the car commented that all the plastics used in the Zest are imported

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks