Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 12:25   #796
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Has anyone booked a Zest in Delhi?

The deal for my Dzire is done and I would be booking it in a day or two. I was quoted an amount of 21k for the booking. Not very clear on the waiting period though.

Can anyone share their views/comments on the waiting of Pearl White color? (especially in Delhi)
I had booked white earlier but was not getting a confident reply from SA on delivery commitment hence I settled for Due Biege. If you want to book White then you may have to wait for 6 weeks (if not 8 ) and for rest, 4 week is the average.
Old 16th September 2014, 13:32   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The SA who was standing next to the car commented that all the plastics used in the Zest are imported
I think he probably meant they are same as the export quality.

Imported plastics are highly unlikely as even the 4X4 top Aria does not have imported plastics.

If in reality they are indeed imported, it is unfair and unethical on Tata's part to offer indian plastics in their premium / flagship products and offer imported plastics in their mid-level offering.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 16th September 2014 at 13:35.
Old 16th September 2014, 13:40   #798
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to visit Tata Motor plant this weekend. Have penned down my experience here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3534390
Old 16th September 2014, 20:05   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If in reality they are indeed imported, it is unfair and unethical on Tata's part to offer indian plastics in their premium / flagship products and offer imported plastics in their mid-level offering.
Strange logic and choice of words here, they are free to put whatever plastics they want in whatever vehicle they chose, just as buyer is free to compare and buy whatever vehicle they want.

And why assume that all Indian plastics are automatically inferior to all imported plastics?
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 22:22   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Strange logic and choice of words here, they are free to put whatever plastics they want in whatever vehicle they chose, just as buyer is free to compare and buy whatever vehicle they want.

And why assume that all Indian plastics are automatically inferior to all imported plastics?
I don't think it is imported , don't go what SA says of any company. Please refer link for the major component supplier for TATA ZEST.

http://autotechreview.com/news/item/...-for-zest.html
Old 16th September 2014, 22:30   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I think he probably meant they are same as the export quality.
Some of the parts are imported from Malaysia, Taiwan. China etc. Not sure about the plastics though. May be the SA meant the machinery to make the plastic parts are imported
Old 16th September 2014, 23:24   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of these have hit the roads. The design of the Tata Zest overtly reveals that the designers were under severe stress to apply stress to the car's design and in turn to its length to live up to the < 4000 mm diktat to save Central Excise Duty.

Even the Indigo CS does not appear this much design stressed. A look at the portion after the C pillar of the Zest, where the design goes haywire will prove this point.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:22   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Some of these have hit the roads. The design of the Tata Zest overtly reveals that the designers were under severe stress to apply stress to the car's design and in turn to its length to live up to the < 4000 mm diktat to save Central Excise Duty.

Even the Indigo CS does not appear this much design stressed. A look at the portion after the C pillar of the Zest, where the design goes haywire will prove this point.
What's so haywire about the design? While the car would have definitely looked better without the 4 meter limitation, Zest is still among the better looking compact sedans out there. Of course looks can be subjective. To each, his own as they say!
Old 17th September 2014, 11:39   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Agree with you on this Anjan sir. Saw the first Zest on road yesterday. In fact, the first Zest I ever saw in flesh. The car looked nice while coming, however, when looked sideways the fun was lost out of the otherwise beautiful design. The car would have been a much better looker if there was no 4 metres restriction on the designers. I found the side profile slightly quirky.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 11:45   #805
BHPian

Without doubt Tata Zest is the best looking compact sedan today. Probably better looking than many full Sedans too.

But also without doubt, the Punto Evo, Polo look better. All depends what one is looking for.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 12:56   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Agree with you on this Anjan sir. Saw the first Zest on road yesterday. In fact, the first Zest I ever saw in flesh. The car looked nice while coming, however, when looked sideways the fun was lost out of the otherwise beautiful design. The car would have been a much better looker if there was no 4 metres restriction on the designers. I found the side profile slightly quirky.
Still better looks than Desire and amaze and statement from it's tall stance
Old 17th September 2014, 13:00   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Still better looks than Desire and amaze and statement from it's tall stance
In all, yes. But Amaze is far more proportionate than all other sub 4m compact sedans. Only if they could give it a better treatment on front face.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:21   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post

For a minute let me assume that I am premium customer, about to buy a flaship product irrespective of the money. When i see superior plastics on one and inferior plastics on the flagship model, Idefinetly will move on to a competiting product.

Indian products are always associated with inferior quality (at least this is what in the average consumer's mind). Reality might be otherwise, thats fine. For any product, not only automobiles but anything, I have never seen anyone proudly display as Indian product or similar. Nor have I seen "Indian products available here" boards. I have seen mostly boards that read "Imported products available here".

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Some of the parts are imported from Malaysia, Taiwan. China etc. Not sure about the plastics though. May be the SA meant the machinery to make the plastic parts are imported
Oh Absolutely, then the SA has no clue on manufacturing. It is the composition of plastic that goes into the mould, which determines the durability and softness and just 10-20% depends on the moulding machine
Old 17th September 2014, 15:00   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I just got my VIN & Engine # for a Revotron XT Zest Pearl White color that will be mine in a week.

Vehicle is on its way to the stockyard now & I will do a PDI later this week.

This was my first preference of color but was initially told there is a long wait, so I am quite happy this happened out of the blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Congrats! White is indeed beautiful on Zest and as mentioned by dealers commands a long waiting period. Did you have to pay an extra of Rs 6000 for this color?

Do keep us updated with how the your Zest RT is running and initial ownership experience.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:48   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Congrats! White is indeed beautiful on Zest and as mentioned by dealers commands a long waiting period. Did you have to pay an extra of Rs 6000 for this color?

Do keep us updated with how the your Zest RT is running and initial ownership experience.
I havent made my final payment yet, but I guess there is an extra price. My car has arrived at the stockyard today, I will go do a PDI tomorrow & also take some pics. Should get delivery next week. Will surely start an ownership thread.
gsurya is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks