Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 14:39   #811
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
I had booked white earlier but was not getting a confident reply from SA on delivery commitment hence I settled for Due Biege. If you want to book White then you may have to wait for 6 weeks (if not 8 ) and for rest, 4 week is the average.
Just talked to the SA

He confirmed the estimated delivery to be latest by second week of October for white if i book today
Old 18th September 2014, 18:03   #812
BHPian

While I went to test drive Zest, the SA showed me cross bars in the boot area fixed to the car's body behind rear seat. He said it adds to torsional rigidity and helps in protecting the occupants in case of a rear ending.

I don't remember seeing such bars in any compact sedan.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:30   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
While I went to test drive Zest, the SA showed me cross bars in the boot area fixed to the car's body behind rear seat. He said it adds to torsional rigidity and helps in protecting the occupants in case of a rear ending.

I don't remember seeing such bars in any compact sedan.
The Amaze also has these cross bars behind the rear seat, and I guess the other compact sedans would also have them.

I may be wrong but while they might help in torsional rigidity, I doubt if they are made to protect passengers from rear ending. The entire boot area would have to be squeezed in before these bars come into effect. It would also mean that hatchback passengers are at greater risk from rear ending, as they have a smaller boot and no cross bars.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:59   #814
BHPian

Zest official accessories & merchandise pricelist:
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx zest_acc_pricelist.xlsx (19.7 KB, 1369 views)
gsurya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:36   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
The Amaze also has these cross bars behind the rear seat, and I guess the other compact sedans would also have them.

I may be wrong but while they might help in torsional rigidity, I doubt if they are made to protect passengers from rear ending. The entire boot area would have to be squeezed in before these bars come into effect. It would also mean that hatchback passengers are at greater risk from rear ending, as they have a smaller boot and no cross bars.

Are you sure on those cross bars being present in the Amaze and Xcent? On the TBHP official review page of these cars I didn't see them in the pictures. Or is it the case that they are covered unlike in Zest?
Old 19th September 2014, 11:22   #816
BANNED

Heard that the Zest delivery is taking a lot more time than expected. At many showrooms they just have the blue color for display. have you guys seen any other color except for the blue one? A friend of mine wanted to see the others colors tata offers, only then its possible to select the best one. No doubt the showroom representatives were very helpful
Old 19th September 2014, 11:35   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni nambiar View Post
Heard that the Zest delivery is taking a lot more time than expected. At many showrooms they just have the blue color for display. have you guys seen any other color except for the blue one? A friend of mine wanted to see the others colors tata offers, only then its possible to select the best one. No doubt the showroom representatives were very helpful
I have seen all colors now in person except Grey & White. Please check earlier posts on this thread, there are pics posted of all colors except White.

I am going to the Tata Concorde stockyard tomorrow to meet my White Revotron XT, will post some pics of that then.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 11:39   #818
BANNED

Awesome !!! waiting to see your Zest's picture !! i seen the earlier posts and have seen pictures of Zest in different colors, but wanted to see them in person.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:19   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Are you sure on those cross bars being present in the Amaze and Xcent? On the TBHP official review page of these cars I didn't see them in the pictures. Or is it the case that they are covered unlike in Zest?
Yes, they are covered by the boot liner. This is the view after uncovering it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-amaze-boot.jpg  

tiger_stripes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:25   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni nambiar View Post
TML seems to have painted the town blue!

On my recent visit to TML plant, the production line was churning out 95% blue Zests. Other colors were only seen on display cars. Quoting from the other thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
PS: People booking the Zest, go for a blue one, you might get a faster delivery. Most of the cars rolling out of the line seemed blue.
Old 19th September 2014, 14:05   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post

I am going to the Tata Concorde stockyard tomorrow to meet my White Revotron XT, will post some pics of that then.
The SA informed me that there is a whiteXT available and if I want it, he can get it delivered to me by 26th of this month. For once I thought that you had passed on the white color after the PDI for some reasons and I was getting it.
He is also getting a white Zest replacing the blue one for the display car.
Old 19th September 2014, 15:05   #822
Senior - BHPian

A close friend of mine is going through the motions of purchasing a compact sedan and the cars shortlisted were the Dzire ZXi and Amaze VX (both petrols). He did mention that he would be ready to explore other options as long as the budget does not exceed 8 lakhs.

I told him about the Zest and yes the diesel mid variant sells at nearly the same price as the above mentioned petrol cars. He readily agreed to check it out since it was a diesel at the price of the other petrol options.

On Road prices in Bangalore –

Dzire ZXi (P) – 7.8 lakhs
Amaze VX (P) – 8.3 lakhs
Zest XMS (D) – 7.97 lakhs

XMS has all the bells and whistles that one requires except for touchscreen infotainment, parking sensors, climate control to name some key features. Check for the feature list in the first page of this thread.

We visited the nearest dealership Prerana motors close to my home and asked for a test drive. Even though it was early in the day as soon as the dealership opened shop, the sales person was courteous enough to get us a Quadrajet for test drive very quickly.

The moment one sits inside the car it feels like it is from a totally different league in terms of the interior design and build. Took the car for a short spin and loved the turbo providing the power burst once revved to the optimum band. Felt similar to the earlier generation Swifts at one point of time though overall loved the refinement and smoothness of the time tested motor.

Also loved the Harman touchscreen entertainment system which really belts out some good music quality. Of course audiophiles can be more critical about it but for me it was good enough.

The other thing about ergonomics, front seat adjustment was spot on only after adjusting the height and distance to ones’ liking. This was an issue faced by my friend earlier when he did not like the seating position but once it was tweaked there was no problem. The rear bench is quite spacious to seat three fully grown adults with ease and the leg room is quite adequate with a few inches to spare.

Overall came out as a converted man in favor of the Zest and gave my friend big ! It’s a call that he has to take whether to go for a gasoline or an oil burner in the next few days.

Last edited by girishglg : 19th September 2014 at 15:08.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 15:18   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Overall came out as a converted man in favor of the Zest and gave my friend big ! It’s a call that he has to take whether to go for a gasoline or an oil burner in the next few days.
Going by my td experience of both the Petrol zest and the diesel zest , i would say i found the petrol zest to be more fun.
(My regular drive is a diesel Manza)
Of course the call has to be made by your friend by taking various other parameters in consideration.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 15:25   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh_66328 View Post
The SA informed me that there is a whiteXT available and if I want it, he can get it delivered to me by 26th of this month. For once I thought that you had passed on the white color after the PDI for some reasons and I was getting it.
He is also getting a white Zest replacing the blue one for the display car.
they have mailed me the VIN / Engine #, will be a real scam if they also allotted you the same car. I am going to the stockyard only tomorrow to do the PDI of the White Zest. I had passed on a Red Zest earlier after PDI.

Its likely they have got multiple White XTs delivered or on order now.
Old 19th September 2014, 15:36   #825
Senior - BHPian

Do we have the real world FE figures for petrol Zest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks