Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 10:03   #901
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Hello All,

Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening, 25th September'14. I had dealt with a dealer called Tejaswi Motors, Tadbund area, Secunderabad. It was a smooth and complaint-free experience, very functional without being overwhelming. Booked on the 3rd, vehicle assigned by 17th and took possession last evening.

Attached below (hopefully!) are couple of snaps. I've been a passive reader of this thread and the forum generally, but ever grateful for the deflected wisdom i gain from you all. So many thanks!

Cheers.
Congratulations mushy!

Looking forward to more pics of the car and an ownership report too. Hope the Tata Service Stations are trained properly to handle the new model.

BTW the Zest dwarfs the puny Maruti 800!
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 11:04   #902
BHPian

A friend got delivery of his ZEST Quadrajet XM yesterday evening,looks smashing in Red.It was for 7.41 lacs on road Pune.

Looking forward to test drive it at noon today.
rosaf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 13:18   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening, 25th September'14. I had dealt with a dealer called Tejaswi Motors, Tadbund area, Secunderabad. It was a smooth and complaint-free experience, very functional without being overwhelming. Booked on the 3rd, vehicle assigned by 17th and took possession last evening.

Attached below (hopefully!) are couple of snaps. I've been a passive reader of this thread and the forum generally, but ever grateful for the deflected wisdom i gain from you all. So many thanks!

Cheers.
Congratulations on the new drive!

Hope you have many miles of smiles!

Cheers!

Shashi
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 13:47   #904
BHPian

an interesting image on TAI forum, thought of sharing. Copyright respective owners.

50 Tata Zests being delivered on first day of Navratri.

Source
Tata Zest : Official Review-50tatazestdelivery.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2014 at 16:39. Reason: Adding a source link. Please always include a source link when taking a picture from another website. Thanks.
sachinayak is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 13:59   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
an interesting image on TAI forum, thought of sharing. Copyright respective owners.

Attachment 1292550
Interesting ! So white seems to be the most popular colour. Rest all colours are almost equal in number while there is only one or two grey.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:04   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Congrats! A lovely shade you've selected.
Only gripe I've if any, is your sticker placement. It'll go unnoticed.

Now take her out and prepare yourself to write a super duper review.
Many thanks! Please bear with me with regards sticker option and placement, I actually prefer going unnoticed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Congrats @mushy876 great color!

My dealer says I can take delivery tomorrow but will be on TC number, the RTO number will come only on Monday.

Is that a problem to be using when driving around during the weekend in Mumbai? What do the rules say?
Thanks Surya. I distinctly remember my SA informing me that the TC is valid for a whole month. He has also told me to expect the RTO number process to be initiated from their end in a week or so!

Also, I was told to expect the Gold AMC and Extended warranty to reach me by post within 90 days. No receipt for the paymnt of the same either. Is this process inline with what your dealer too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. The sticker though does not gel with the colour of your car and is somehow spoiling the overall looks. Try LTD one. It will go extremely well with this colour.
Many thanks Doctor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Congratulations on the new drive!

Hope you have many miles of smiles!

Cheers!

Shashi
Many thanks Shashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Congratulations mushy!

Looking forward to more pics of the car and an ownership report too. Hope the Tata Service Stations are trained properly to handle the new model.

BTW the Zest dwarfs the puny Maruti 800!
Thanks Trek! The Zest sure does dwarf my beloved Maruti 800 !!
Old 26th September 2014, 14:18   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening
Hope you have a long and safe love affair with your beauty! Do pen down your purchase journey and a first impression of the car
Old 26th September 2014, 14:18   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats @mushy876 great color!

My dealer says I can take delivery tomorrow but will be on TC number, the RTO number will come only on Monday.

Is that a problem to be using when driving around during the weekend in Mumbai? What do the rules say?
You can use the temporary number which is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. They will provide you with a document for temp no. So won't be a problem with cops.

@mushy876- Congrats! Looks smashing.
Old 26th September 2014, 15:29   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

Attachment 1292550
On a lighter note there seems to be 40 chairs placed for the function for 50 cars to be delivered!
So does that mean some buyers are taking more more than one Zest!

Now on the serious note, my friend is taking the delivery of his Zest XMS Quadrajet Grey this evening. The on-road price is Rs.8.05 lakhs inclusive of the 4th year Gold AMC. Both of us are very excited and keeping the fingers crossed on how the car will age in the coming years.

We all know the Quadrajet is a great motor thanks to its Fiat family, hope the new build of the Zest lives up to the expectation without any major niggles or problems like that of the earlier Tatas!

Last edited by girishglg : 26th September 2014 at 15:31.
Old 26th September 2014, 16:06   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a white Zest XM yesterday. This was the 3rd Zest I was seeing on the road and the second white, the first being a XT the day after the launch. The car was moving right in front of me and was really excited to check it out properly. Just when I overtook the car I realized it was a cab, with the sticker of eCabs.Biz sticker on it.
Old 26th September 2014, 16:47   #911

Thanks to all Team-BHPians and their inputs, observations and advice, I have booked a Zest XMA sometime back and took the delivery yesterday. Tejaswini Motors, Hyderabad says that mine is the first XMA in the state of AndhraPradesh/Telangana.

Two days before the delivery, I took the test drive of Zest Diesel Manual and found it satisfactory in terms of space, AC performance, suspension and noise. I've observed an economy of about 20KMPL in the manual Zest in my gentle test drive in Hitech City, Hyderabad and expected about two to three less in Auto Zest.

Having had it for one full day now, I see about 11 KMPL in city traffic conditions and occasionally see about 15 KMPL in less traffic. I hope it improves with miles and services. I shall post further observations after driving it for few more days.

Naveen/Hyd.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-tata-zest-xma-naveen-hyd.jpg  

seanr is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 16:56   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
With so many people here having booked a Zest, it surprising to see not a single thread in the "Initial Ownership Reports" yet.

Have seen a few Zest's on the road, but I believe with Navratri starting today, many buyers will be waiting for today to take their deliveries.

Looking forward to seeing first hand reports and experieces
That is because tata motors have made a mess of car deliveries, though they had created online portal for bookings, but managing it badly after that.

I have booked dune beige zest XMS on Jul 20th but am not getting any confirmation on deliveries. I have contacted regional sales manager at Bangalore and also head of customer connect but am not getting any convincing reply as to delivery date. I had made full payment to dealer Prerana motors on assurance that car will be delivered on priority.

Out of blue, I got a call from tata motors customer care yesterday asking the reason for my cancellation, when I informed that I have not made any cancelation, she told that there must have been a wrong update

I have now informed tata motors representative to give a clear confirmation if they can deliver it by Oct 15th else I will indeed have to cancel and look for some other options.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:03   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanr View Post
I've observed an economy of about 20KMPL in the manual Zest in my gentle test drive in Hitech City, Hyderabad and expected about two to three less in Auto Zest.

Having had it for one full day now, I see about 11 KMPL in city traffic conditions and occasionally see about 15 KMPL in less traffic. I hope it improves with miles and services. I shall post further observations after driving it for few more days.Naveen/Hyd.
Congratulations for the new car!

You would need to drive at the same place and under same conditions to be able to gauge the mileage difference accurately. AMT shouldn't result in lesser mileage given that the number of gears is the same. AMT sensor should cause gears to shift more efficiently than humans.

Last edited by directinjection : 26th September 2014 at 17:19.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:07   #914
BHPian

Quote:
My Zest is being registered at RTO today or tomorrow & I hope to take delivery on Saturday. So I would make my ownership thread complete by next week & then hope it clears GTO barrier
Congratulations Surya. I see a lot of deliveries happening now that Navratri has started. I was crossing a Honda dealership on my way to office and I must have seen 15 + Mobilio's and City's decked up for delivery.

Awaiting your Initial Ownership thread.

Quote:
Thanks to all Team-BHPians and their inputs, observations and advice, I have booked a Zest XMA sometime back and took the delivery yesterday. Tejaswini Motors, Hyderabad says that mine is the first XMA in the state of AndhraPradesh/Telangana.

Naveen/Hyd.
Congratulations Naveen. Awaiting Ownership threads from you and Surya. I am sure for the first few days everytime you take your car out people will ask you to pull over and ask questions. Please dont be too hard on the paparazzi
Old 26th September 2014, 17:09   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Naveen/Hyd.
And probably the first one on Team-BHP as well. Do post an ownership review of the same. It will help several potential buyers who are eagerly waiting for a Zest AMT owner to share his/her first hand experience.

Wish you many pleasant miles with your new car

Quote:
Thanks, but 1 week since what? Issue of the TC number or me taking delivery? What do I show if I get stopped by the policewala?
Congratulations for your Zest.

You will need a Form19 which will be provided to you by the dealer. The problem is that every time you head out with the car, you will need to fill this form with the in and out time as well as mention your driving number on it. While it may not be a problem for intra-city travel, be prepared to be checked by cops who might stop you seeing your new car with a red/ temp number plate

Last edited by S2!!! : 26th September 2014 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks