Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2014, 09:32   #931
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
All right guys!

Here's the news...getting the delivery tomorrow. The process of test drive till completing the bank (SBI) formalities has n]been a breeze. I'm a little scared as it is still from the TATA stable. Ans most importantly, it has been a quick delivery! Not even 15 days post booking.

I have booked the silver and plan to get the roof painted in black gloss as soon as I get the delivery. A `1500 watt RMS setup, a couple of HIDs and I'm done for 5 years

Also, can someone link me to the PDI check-list thread please?
here you go (not a thread though) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

What is difference between stock projector headlight and what your planning ?
Old 28th September 2014, 15:16   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Brilliant day.

Took delivery of the car, was kept in clean polished condition, decorated by dealer. Was the first XT delivered by his outlet out of only 8 Zests delivered so far from this showroom.
Congrats Surya! Here's wishing you plentiful trouble free miles for your zest.

Quote:

Kept my speed below 50 kmph & avoided flooring the pedal but its so tempting Will take it out for some more tomorrow & try to finish the ownership review.
Please run-in your car carefully and do remember the 30s turbo idling rule. Both of them should help in keeping the engine in good shape for a long time.

Will look forward to your ownership report, Cheers!
Old 28th September 2014, 16:13   #933
BHPian

Dear all,
Congrats to all the new lucky owners of the wonderful machine who got the deliveries !

I read about a couple of posts on the official Zest FB site about, dirt in engine bay! I think both owners were having diesel cars! They are both yet to receive any resolution plan from TML. Any body having similar issues in petrol yet?
Old 28th September 2014, 22:15   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant day.

Took delivery of the car, was kept in clean polished condition, decorated by dealer. Was the first XT delivered by his outlet out of only 8 Zests delivered so far from this showroom.
Congrats!! So finally you got your car in September as desired (pun not intended!). Eagerly awaiting the ownership review. The car looks good in white.

And it is time to update your signature now
Old 29th September 2014, 00:35   #935

Quote:
Brilliant day.
Many congratulations and best wishes! Your Zest looks smashing in White!

Also, do please help me out too if you find the 3D Kagu mats for the Zest.

Congratulations and safe motoring ahead!

Cheers
mushy876 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 06:00   #936
BHPian

Congrats to the lucky owners who got the delivery of Zest. Wish you many happy and safe miles. Now yesterday I saw silver Zest in the showroom. Man it looked beautiful. Now planning to go with either color whichever comes first.
Old 29th September 2014, 09:43   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant day.

Took delivery of the car, was kept in clean polished condition, decorated by dealer.
Congrats on your brand new acquisition gsurya. Wishing you many many miles of motoring nirvana. I got to see the White XT at the Auto Expo here in Bangalore and it looked stunning.
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 10:00   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats on your brand new acquisition gsurya. Wishing you many many miles of motoring nirvana. I got to see the White XT at the Auto Expo here in Bangalore and it looked stunning.
Congrats Surya on your new acquisition. Enjoy the beauty. My white RT XT has arrived at the dealer and I will take possession this Thu / Fri. Will keep you all posted. BTW, how much petrol was there in your vehicle?

Have you seen the accessories yet. Is the mat the same as the one shown in the review (ZEST printed in red).
iamdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:15   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
Congrats Surya on your new acquisition. Enjoy the beauty. My white RT XT has arrived at the dealer and I will take possession this Thu / Fri. Will keep you all posted. BTW, how much petrol was there in your vehicle?

Have you seen the accessories yet. Is the mat the same as the one shown in the review (ZEST printed in red).
Good luck to you too. My dealer had only put a miserly 4 litres petrol in my Zest but was apologetic & promised to give me fuel coupons during next visit as I gave him low rating for that.

Accessories have not arrived at my dealer's yet, so I only got mud flaps & rubber mats. Rest will see them & take at a later date.

Also got 3M CR70 film done for all windows & front/back & some Korean bumper protectors that matched my White Zest perfectly. Will post pics on my ownership thread later this week.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:48   #940
BHPian

Quote:
some Korean bumper protectors that matched my White Zest perfectly. Will post pics on my ownership thread later this week.
Thanks. Did he charge for mudflaps and mats? Where did you purchase the bumper protectors from and how much did it cost. Is it a black strip with chrome inserts.
Old 29th September 2014, 12:25   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
Did he charge for mudflaps and mats? Where did you purchase the bumper protectors from and how much did it cost. Is it a black strip with chrome inserts.
Its white strip with chrome insert matching Zest white perfectly, even works for Ecosport white. Fouring brand, B slimline model - cost about 750+. From Vicky Motors, Andheri East near JB Nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Yes white looks superb but not worth 5K extra in my opinion, Tata should drop this premium charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Also, do please help me out too if you find the 3D Kagu mats for the Zest.
Thanks, the 3D Max Spider Kagu mats will take a month or two to be made according to my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Congrats!! So finally you got your car in September as desired (pun not intended!). Eagerly awaiting the ownership review. The car looks good in white.

And it is time to update your signature now
Thanks, ownership thread is half baked, will finish in a day or two & update signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
I read about a couple of posts on the official Zest FB site about, dirt in engine bay! I think both owners were having diesel cars! They are both yet to receive any resolution plan from TML. Any body having similar issues in petrol yet?
Thanks for this alert, I looked but none so far, will keep an eye on this after driving on muddy or rainy roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Please run-in your car carefully and do remember the 30s turbo idling rule. Both of them should help in keeping the engine in good shape for a long time.
Thanks, yes this is a new thing for me to remember now with turbo, I have a habit of starting & zooming off immediately on my Uno/Aveo so far.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:44   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We saw almost all colors inside the plant/assembly line, but did not spot a single Dune beige Zest.
This explains the delay for my car. I reread this post, whilst preparing a list of bhp-ians who have got their Zests. I was doubtful that everybody except the Bangaloreans where getting delivery of their Zest. The lucky ones : Gsurya and iamdeva from Mumbai, thunder and Bullet chacha from Delhi and Seanr and Mushy876 from AP. Bangalorean isandy is still waiting, after booking his on July 20th.

My SA had called on 25th Sept saying that he was facing difficulty in getting the Dune beige color and asked if I have any other preference. I wanted the same color, so he said there might be a delay of 5 weeks, to which I was ok.

Thoda aur intezaar...
Old 29th September 2014, 15:06   #943
Team-BHP Support

My friend got delivery of the Zest XE (diesel) and drove me around for a short distance. Things I liked are the heavy doors, amazing leg space and seating space with 3 well built (85 kgs +) adults in the back, good quality interiors and quality of the seats. I did not drive as he had just taken delivery of the vehicle and the place was quite congested, but he gave good feedback about the driving comfort as well.
Old 29th September 2014, 15:29   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
This explains the delay for my car. I reread this post, whilst preparing a list of bhp-ians who have got their Zests. I was doubtful that everybody except the Bangaloreans where getting delivery of their Zest. The lucky ones : Gsurya and iamdeva from Mumbai, thunder and Bullet chacha from Delhi and Seanr and Mushy876 from AP. Bangalorean isandy is still waiting, after booking his on July 20th.

My SA had called on 25th Sept saying that he was facing difficulty in getting the Dune beige color and asked if I have any other preference. I wanted the same color, so he said there might be a delay of 5 weeks, to which I was ok.

Thoda aur intezaar...
That is true, even I was at TML Pune plant and did not find any dune beige's in assembly line. My SA told that Dune Beige and Sky Grey had more demand but limited availability, but when I asked this question at the plant, I was told they manufacture cars based on customer preference. Now I am hearing there are many people who are waiting for Beige. Not sure why Beige cars be made after all its only painting that is different.

BTW, Which variant have you booked and where and when have you booked?
Old 29th September 2014, 15:39   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
BTW, Which variant have you booked and where and when have you booked?
Dairy Circle Concorde, XT Revotron on the 19th of September. I have been waiting 10 days now for the expected delivery date. Compared to your waiting period, peanuts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks