Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 09:41   #1036
BHPian

During my test drive I had the same problem, the steering upper rim block the view and one needs to bend and peep to view the console!
Old 12th October 2014, 10:01   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Do not worry, TATA knows about the phase they going through and can not risk themselves in such cheap tactics. It's dealer strategy.

Even initially one guy from TATA dealership told me that XMS and AMT model will require almost 30 k to 40 K accessory pack that consumer has to buy for timely delivery in future just like in happened for swift in initial days however he felt apologetic after hearing my response.

TATA must keep a check on it's dealer attitude, its important.
Accessories worth Rs.21,500/- are shown while calculating the on-road charges, including handling, tax, insurance AMC including consumables for 45 K Km/ 3-years, extended warranty for fourth year. However, for the mandatory road tax, insurance and the handling charges, every other thing is optional.

But Tata is offering the 3 year/45 K Km AMC free of cost.
Old 12th October 2014, 13:29   #1038
BHPian

There you go with what I love!

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20140930_213044.jpg

...and another price of what I love!

Tata Zest : Official Review-10628336_10204796383050416_6545832925484750583_n.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2014 at 12:58. Reason: merging back to back posts
bullet_chacha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 12:31   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Spotted this Zest test mule at Khed Shivapur toll plaza near Pune last week. note taht front wheel is an alloy (not the Zest design alloy either) and rear a steel rim. Also note the fuel tank lid which is different.
Fuel tank lid just has the top metallic covers removed. It is 'clip-on' type of cover which can be easily removed and fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Have you completed the PDI? Now that the car is in the yard, when is the expected date of delivery?
Yes! Completed the PDI and took delivery late Friday evening. PDI went fine, except for couple of small issues with paint job on front bumper and where roof meets the rear windscreen, I checked with dealer, he mentioned that if it needs to be corrected, then entire roof has to be repainted. So left it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
I think AMT deliveries have started, refer post# 976 couple of pages back.

Edit: One of the member has already got his AMT delivered, refer post# 911
Yeah I could see a couple of blue AMT's when I went for PDI. So seems like XMA's will now be seen on roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Another question...has anyone confirmed that the silver AMC clubbed with the package will have synthetic oil change or regular mineral oils? Also if I want to get synthetic...will they charge me the full amount or the price of mineral oil would be deducted?
Only Synthetic oils are recommended by Tata for both Revotron and QJD and these will only be used. Also Oil change is not part of 1st service as per service manual, so if you ask for a change, you will be charged. It is scheduled to be replaced at 15k intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
I found the following cons in the car:

1. The steering wheel was pretty small and the feel wasn't good. For tall drivers, it obstructs the view of the speedo console. I am 6ft tall and even with the tilt steering adjusted to the highest level I felt little claustrophobic. I even inquired about the same from the sales guy, he accepted that he has received lot of comments for the steering wheel and he gave me reply that the steering wheel was purposefully designed small to suit city driving. I do not buy his point. The following figure will help explain what I am trying to point out
I am well built 6ft 1inch tall and I have driven Zest for about 200 kms and after adjusting the wheel and seat height, it is very clearly visible. The steering wheel feels good to hold and epas is awesome where in steering becomes hard with speed and is really brilliant. I would really recommend you to go with it, as it is a good value for money.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:48   #1040
BHPian

Did a 250 km roundtrip to Lonavla & around this weekend.
  • Fabulous pickup, engine on the flat roads
  • On slopes need to downshift to 2nd / 1st gear, then pulls easily
  • AC very effective in blazing heat, but my 3M films also helped
  • Driver Seat quite comfy, felt no tiredness
  • Pedal space badly designed, no space to place left foot comfortably to the left of clutch
  • Noticed a petrol smell coming when car is brought to stop on the slopes, doesnt happen otherwise
  • Overall MID now at 11.5 kmpl after 500+ kms.
  • Fabric cover on seats put by me a mistake! A big dust magnet.
  • Have got underbody coating done from 3M & took the cleaning AMC (15k price).

Will try to finish initial ownership thread by this weekend, is a busy work period.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 14:08   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post

I am well built 6ft 1inch tall and I have driven Zest for about 200 kms and after adjusting the wheel and seat height, it is very clearly visible. The steering wheel feels good to hold and epas is awesome where in steering becomes hard with speed and is really brilliant. I would really recommend you to go with it, as it is a good value for money.
Aaah, Maybe that explains why I couldn't see the console properly, I forgot about the Seat Height adjustment. I am yet to take a good long Test Drive. Will be able to take one only after 25th this month.
MadAbtCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 11:24   #1042
BHPian

Had a chance to follow a Tata Zest for 30 minutes yesterday. Somehow the wheels seem set way inside the body. Not sure how to explain it - but kind of feels like the body does not fit properly on the chassis. Kind of like some 2 wheeler carrier trucks that have been modified to carry additional load.
Not at all impressed. Tata could have done better.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:05   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I dont have any vibrations on the gearknob so far, I didnt notice this even during my TD though several others have. I have only done 200 kms so far & havent measured FE properly, the MID shows just 8.5 kmpl. My SA expects me to get 13 in real life in Mumbai traffic.
Dear Gsurya.

The logic of avg FE is per trip meter and even idling counts in that calculation. So an engine which has burned up a liter of fuel in idling will show a very poor FE in the next running liter of fuel. So in case you are suspecting a poor FE, pls reset the trip meter to zero and check at 1750 -2000 rpm band in 5th gear and of course inform us
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 17:14   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
The logic of avg FE is per trip meter and even idling counts in that calculation. So an engine which has burned up a liter of fuel in idling will show a very poor FE in the next running liter of fuel. So in case you are suspecting a poor FE, pls reset the trip meter to zero and check at 1750 -2000 rpm band in 5th gear and of course inform us
I know, I just havent had time or enough running of the car to do proper measurements by tankful method, this is now our 3rd car so its sparingly used right now.

After a Lonavla trip last weekend, the MID has already jumped to 11.5 kmpl, so I am not so worried. But thanks for your great tip
Old 14th October 2014, 17:20   #1045

I have received the Chassis Number today for Buzz Blue XMA. I had booked online on 23rd July 2014. The delivery is tentatively scheduled by KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore for 18th Oct 2014. While speaking to SA got an indication that they have another 16-17 Zest's to be delivered on same day.
vauto_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 19:18   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauto_fan View Post
I have received the Chassis Number today for Buzz Blue XMA. I had booked online on 23rd July 2014. The delivery is tentatively scheduled by KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore for 18th Oct 2014. While speaking to SA got an indication that they have another 16-17 Zest's to be delivered on same day.
Hi,

Can you please share the quote given to you in Bangalore ? A friend is looking to buy. Also best dealer in Bangalore for TATA.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Old 14th October 2014, 20:31   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hi,

Can you please share the quote given to you in Bangalore ? A friend is looking to buy. Also best dealer in Bangalore for TATA.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Hi Devyaani, even one of my friends is buying the Zest. He would go for petrol XMS. The ex-showroom quoted to him was Rs 5.55L.
I would love if others can provide a quote for petrol XMS if somebody got it.
Old 14th October 2014, 20:39   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Saw my first Zest on road while coming back from office. Those taillights looks so stunning at night. Probably the best I have seen in new launches recently. It was White in color and the guy must be coming straight from showroom as all ribbons on handle were intact. I am really impressed by how classy it looks and the alloys looked good too. Also I was doing 90-100 on toll bridge which is empty at this hour and he zoomed past me. Didn't see which engine it is but it was really fast.
Old 14th October 2014, 23:45   #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hi,

Can you please share the quote given to in Bangalore ou in Bangalore ? A friend is looking to buy. Also best dealer in Bangalore for TexperienceRegards,
Devyaani.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hi Devyaani, even one of my friends is buying the Zest. He would go for petrol XMS. The ex-showroom quoted to him was Rs 5.55L.
I would love if others can provide a quote for petrol XMS if somebody got it.
Please find attached the pricing sheet I got from the dealer. Best dealer in Bangalore not sure, I have been dealing with KHT for last 2 years for my existing Nano, my experience with them has been satisfactory.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-20141014_2329311.jpg  

vauto_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 08:15   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post

Only Synthetic oils are recommended by Tata for both Revotron and QJD and these will only be used. Also Oil change is not part of 1st service as per service manual, so if you ask for a change, you will be charged. It is scheduled to be replaced at 15k intervals.
Can that simply be a marketing move? Not just in this case I mean, other vendors do the same too. Revotron ok, at least a new engine (albeit on the same 1.2 indica mpfi block) but Quadrajet? The same engine in my vista runs with mineral oil. Honestly, I don't think the synthetics are worth the price difference... Recommendations is fine. I always feel the recommendation for synthetic is a part of tie up with the oil brands.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks