Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 14:43   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenSangi View Post
The expected date of delivery for my XMS Revotron is 10th of December. Is it good to wait for another 20 days and register the vehicle in Jan 2015 or do it in December itself
Even if you take delivery of the vehicle in January, the vehicle may be shown as made in 2014 (2014 model)
Old 11th November 2014, 15:18   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenSangi View Post
The expected date of delivery for my XMS Revotron is 10th of December. Is it good to wait for another 20 days and register the vehicle in Jan 2015 or do it in December itself
If you can run the car for those 20 days on temporary number, it is better to wait as it would be year 2015 that will be on the RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Even if you take delivery of the vehicle in January, the vehicle may be shown as made in 2014 (2014 model)
The make year is also important while selling a used car, but it is the registration year that appears on the RC and considered while selling it.
Old 11th November 2014, 19:29   #1218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
I'm confused with the remote lock feature! When locking or unlocking the vehicle with the remote the car makes no audible alarm. In case a door is open it makes a double horn tap! That's it! While locking the side lights flashes and the car is locked! My confusion
1. It seems its like this by design? Though not very logical! So may be it's a defect don't know!
2. No audible alarm (not talking about reverse parking alarm inside, that's fine) while reversing!

Is there a way to get the above features with any accessories? Did anyone try it? Any help or confirmation or any information on the above will help! Many Thanks!!
Hi arindam,

CONGRATS on the new ZEST of yours. As regards the unlock process, it seems to be the same lock / unlock module used in the manza and the ARIA. My ARIA has similar lock / unlock symptoms, most premium cars do not sound when locking / unlocking, the autocop fitted ones beep at every action - which is outright irritating and sounds cheap. Consumes your battery more, as well in the long run.

An audible warning is given only in case of abnormal operation, or when the intended action did not complete, for some reason. That's why the beep when you lock with any one door open, it will unlock by itself. The reverse beep is yet another useless feature and alerts your neighbor / flat owners that you are on the move !

Sandy
Old 11th November 2014, 20:10   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Great going Zest
Tata Zest Outsells Honda Amaze in October 2014

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-zest-...er-2014-691673
amit_mechengg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 20:10   #1220
BHPian

Sandy many thanks for your wishes! I have been realizing this with time! And I'm slowly getting used to it! The only problem I face is when the car is in bright daylight, the light flashing is not very noticeable! However, if I'm close enough the problem is not very evident.
Old 11th November 2014, 21:14   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought the alloy wheel designs are NOT variant based, but engine based (petrol / diesel) - each engine gets a particular design which is same across all the trims. Is it not??
It is a different alloy for XT versus lower variants. I guess the confusion happened since most reviews (including ours) got XT petrol and XMA diesel for the test and the authors might have assumed different alloys for petrol and diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The diesel and petrol, both get 15" alloy wheels. However, each one has a different design. This is the petrol:
And this is the diesel. Bridgestone B250 185/60 R15 tyres provided good traction:
Please correct the above information in our review - it is XT vs lower variants.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 22:45   #1222
BHPian

That's a good clarification.
I too was under the understanding that diesel and petrol variants had different alloys!
Old 12th November 2014, 10:06   #1223
BHPian

Zest Diesel AMT commercials are out. Same model shown driving Blue XMA AMT. Initially they focused on Revotron and its driving modes. Now as expected they are advertising it as first diesel automatic!
Old 13th November 2014, 02:48   #1224
BHPian

Did the PDI of my Dune beige XT today. Then paid the full amount minus the 21k booking amount.
issues seen:
Pinched door window beading
Tata Zest : Official Review-p_20141112_180223.jpg
Bonnet panel gap: left vs right. I can see the internals of the engine bay if I look carefully enough. There was another zest out of the 5 zests that I checked that had this
Tata Zest : Official Review-p_20141112_180115.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-p_20141112_180054.jpg
they said they would take care of the window beading, but I think I'm stuck with the panel gap

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th November 2014 at 15:01. Reason: Pics rotated as requested. Please right click images > rotate (in windows) in the future. Thanks.
nijelj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 08:22   #1225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did the PDI of my Dune beige XT today.
they said they would take care of the window beading, but I think I'm stuck with the panel gap
EDIT: Hope the mods can rotate the pics to correct orientation?
If you aren't happy 100% with the product why take it? You could have asked for a different unit. Isn't that the purpose of pdi?
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 10:46   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did the PDI of my Dune beige XT today. Then paid the full amount minus the 21k booking amount.
issues seen:
Pinched door window beading
I am not able to comprehend this pic. Which window is it? And is the scratch mark your problem as I can't understand the issue with door window beading.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:23   #1227

Are owners satisfied with the air-conditioning in their Zest?

I keep the temperature knob to the minimum for maximum cooling. I find the blower sound too loud, so prefer keeping the fan speed also at a minimum. This setting is good enough when the skies are cloudy. However, when it's sunny and the skies are clear, with temperatures close to just 30 degrees, the cabin gets very hot. I'm scared imagining how bad it'll be in summers!

I bought simple shades for the side windows as well the rear glass. Pics attached.

But I have no solution for the front glass yet. Help!
Old 13th November 2014, 12:58   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhAgrawal View Post
Are owners satisfied with the air-conditioning in their Zest?
I did not have any issue with AC. Efficeiency is very good. Cools cabin very quickly, even at low speeds. I did not have to run the AC at max for more than a few minutes in city traffic even after the vehicle was parked for three hours in afternoon sun.

Going by this, I do not think it would a problem in summers.

Last edited by simplyself : 13th November 2014 at 13:01.
Old 13th November 2014, 15:29   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am not able to comprehend this pic. Which window is it? And is the scratch mark your problem as I can't understand the issue with door window beading.
If you look at the first pic, you can see that the beading has pinched between the Window and the window frame. that's what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you aren't happy 100% with the product why take it? You could have asked for a different unit. Isn't that the purpose of pdi?
The gap is not readily apparent. Its only the years of going through automotive reviews that made me check it. I also checked and couldn't see any accident repairs/dents/paint mismatch on the driver-side fenders, bonnet and bumper. I saw another zest with the same gap on the other side. So I'm attributing this to production tolerances and accepting it for now.
If there are any functional issues due to this, I'll need to claim under warranty. Or So I hope...
Old 13th November 2014, 17:54   #1230
Senior - BHPian

@nijelj : The issues you have reported are not major. so don't worry. I have seen such a crimped beading in my Storme. makes no practical difference. Panel gap inconsistencies are to be seen in this segment and definitely in more expensive cars as well. If someone can make cars with very slim panel gaps and no inconsistencies, then they would qualify as a world class car maker which most in India are not and Tata Motors definitely not. But when you look at the price you have paid for the car, I am sure these are acceptable "flaws" IMO.

Most Viewed