Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 18:25   #1231
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Brand new unregistered Zest burnt in pune.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...pics-1107.html

Guys please do the complete PDI before registration.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 00:26   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhAgrawal View Post
Are owners satisfied with the air-conditioning in their Zest?

I keep the temperature knob to the minimum for maximum cooling. I find the blower sound too loud
Well, I did raise this point here after I took a TD of revotron. I felt the noise to be super high inside the cabin. Surprisingly did not experience the same loud sound on a QJD.
Maybe, the owners can provide more clarity.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:05   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Well, I did raise this point here after I took a TD of revotron. I felt the noise to be super high inside the cabin. Surprisingly did not experience the same loud sound on a QJD.
Maybe, the owners can provide more clarity.
Which variant did you test drive for both? I'm assuming XT revotron and XMA QJD.

I've noticed the blower noise to be higher in ACC variants in general due to blower being in full speed initially. In regular AC, fan speed may not be set to maximum, especially since it is winter.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:11   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Which variant did you test drive for both? I'm assuming XT revotron and XMA QJD.
Yes, I did TD XT Revotron with ACC. Also, QJD was XTwith ACC as well right?
Old 14th November 2014, 12:20   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Yes, I did TD XT Revotron with ACC. Also, QJD was XTwith ACC as well right?
Did you test drive diesel AMT or diesel MT? I thought most dealerships kept XMA variant for diesel TD car since a lot of customers are interested in AMT.
Old 14th November 2014, 13:57   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Brand new unregistered Zest burnt in pune.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...pics-1107.html

Guys please do the complete PDI before registration.
This is something strange and more than coincidence !! Always poor tata cars are shown with burning pics or news about catching fire. Remember the nanos and indicas during initial days had similar stories reported !!

Now the question is why only tata cars ? I am very sure with their world class manufacturing ( which many bhpians vouched for after visiting the factory recently ) with many firsts in India, these cannot happen so frequently.

On the other side, it does make me to think, are tata cars targeted deliberately ? some competitors buying and ensuring negative publicity . Business is ruthless with little scope for ethics I guess !!
power ranger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:07   #1237
BHPian

I saw a White Zest in Surat last week that had very well matched white door protectors. Does anyone know where these are available? I couldnt stop & ask the driver.

I managed to get bumper & door side protectors in white, a Korean brand, but they dont have similar door protectors.
Old 14th November 2014, 14:12   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
On the other side, it does make me to think, are tata cars targeted deliberately ? some competitors buying and ensuring negative publicity . Business is ruthless with little scope for ethics I guess !!
Chances are there!

I know one of the leading companies in India doing similar things to kill competition. They do not allow any major competitor to enter, they buy and burn their product before reaching customers.
Old 14th November 2014, 14:13   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
This is something strange and more than coincidence !! Always poor tata cars are shown with burning pics or news about catching fire. Remember the nanos and indicas during initial days had similar stories reported !!

Now the question is why only tata cars ? I am very sure with their world class manufacturing ( which many bhpians vouched for after visiting the factory recently ) with many firsts in India, these cannot happen so frequently.

Your point certainly holds some weight. The fact that these incidents happened with Tata cars that had started selling in numbers and had a huge potential in the mass markets...therefore a threat to direct rivals(you know who).
I hope this was a one off incident. Have booked a Revotron XT and expecting delivery by december. I love this car and don't want to cancel based on one incident.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:19   #1240
BHPian

Quote:

This is just a incedent reported for memebers knowledge only.
The reported car was driven by a driver of TATA showroom. It was comming to showroom from their stockyard.
A customer was waiting for this car to take delivery.

BTW i have TATA cars and happily using them till now.

TATA Sumo (2003) : Around 1.8 lac KM
Indica Vista : 80,000 KM +
Indica V2 : 90,000 KM (Sold).

Also i am a diehard fan of TATA safari...Hope to buy one soon.
So no other intention behind this report.

hope you understand.

Last edited by KALINGA : 14th November 2014 at 14:22.
KALINGA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:45   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

Also i am a diehard fan of TATA safari...Hope to buy one soon.
So no other intention behind this report.

hope you understand.
I am sure the comments were not intended to you, but possibly to a rival organization.

I personally thank you for bringing this issue to spot light as Tata acknowledged and rectifed the issue with Nano. I am 100% sure same will be done here, I really hope that they do a thorough investigation of this issue (Incident happening in Pune, would help that cause).

From my sources in TML, the issue of Mud in the engine bay has been addressed and 5-6K wheel protectors are being readied for fixing them free of cost in cars with issue, probably during first service. So this shows the impact of highlighting the issues.

Recalling the car to fix issues are now treated with respect, as consumers are aware that some initial niggles may crop up. Probably more with Tata, but this should not be a deal breaker, as I feel Zest is superb car.
isandy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 19:05   #1242
BHPian

I sorta agree. I have been a TATA owner for long, and baring a few, have never faced issues with the car. Have booked my XT Revotron as well recently, expected in Dec. So i am hoping Zest lives up to my expectations.
devyaaniverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 22:06   #1243
BHPian

Ive been a fan of Tata from the day Mr Ratan Tata announced the tata indica, that he will make a car for india "We'll have a car with the Zen's size, the Ambassador's internal dimensions, the price of a Maruti 800, and yes he did it. but the built and quality was way too poor that many who patriotically took indica regretted their choice and made up their mind that they will not buy a tata again.

having said that we took an indigo when it was launched and frankly it was the perfect car but was a very satisfactory buy. ac, power steering, power windows. what more can you ask for. fast forward to tata safari storme i frankly thought inspired from JLR safari storme would be a great offering from Tata again they failed to impress.

and with lot of hype they launched zest and bolt again all automagazine have not given Wow factor to this new offering, like what is done for i20 why?

are tata still taking customers for a ride again, or will it prove other wise. just visit a tata showroom and let get a feel of how well the service staff take care of you, if this has changed its for the good, if its still the same, it indicates tatas has not made the correction and people are taken for granted.

lets wait, if tatas can deliver.
Old 15th November 2014, 00:54   #1244
BHPian

Ki I have driven 430 kms so far. Delivery taken on 8th Nov Revotron XT. The car is really good. As with anything there are both sides of it!
Some negatives first -
The gear knob vibration is there (keep touching it to feel it, it's not shaking at all, so you won't see it) in low rpm from 2nd gear as you climb the rpm it's completely gone.
Some of the plastics used ex. A pillar fitting and B pillar upper part could really have been of higher quality also the fitting is not giving a solid feel, room for improvement.
The black part of the rear bumper lower side plastic seems to unevenly thick. One side seems very weak and will go in if you press lightly the other side is very firm.
These are not deal breakers, but could have made the car even better.
Positives -
The ICE is really well integrated with the car, dims the volume on reversing. The voice control, BT sync and playback is perfect on Android. Sound quality is very good. Speed sync volume is a nice feature and the amount of it can be controlled.
The radio has RDS. For some stations (RDS Enabled) it will fetch the station names automatically. Ex. Radio Mirchi in Kolkata.
Suspension is gem of a quality it gives a very pleasant feel.
Handling the car at low speed is very easy and stress free
Milage 12.6 (MID) with ACC eco mode on, I think it would have easily gone upto 13 but for numerous rides inside office to my friends.
The car gives a premium feel and attracts many onlookers.
I loved the gear indicators and if you follow the suggested shifts the mileage improves.
The low beam keeps on even if you have the high beam on, improves road visibility at night.
The intensity of all lights dim at night when you turn on the parking lights.
The door locks automatically when some one unlocks the door, pretty nifty.
The AC climate control also controls the fan speed and maintains a very pleasant cabin.
Stop the car, stop the engine(do not take out the key) and be back on ignition. The doors won't unlock. The moment you try and open the door the doors unlock automatically. Probably this ain't a feature but I like the behavior.
Alarm if you leave the key behind or let the parking lights on and try to leave the car, nifty once again.
I'll report any other things that I manage to find! To people waiting for it I'll suggest it's worth the wait!

Last edited by arindam_xeta : 15th November 2014 at 00:58.
arindam_xeta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 10:49   #1245
BHPian

Yes , that door ' not unlocking with key in ' is a safety feature. Will explain how. In a traffic signal, wait time shows 180 secs with Red light on. You decide to switch off the engine to save fuel and reduce emission. In most cars , with turn of ignition key , all the 4 doors also momentarily unlocj, thus it compromise your safety as well as your belongings. You can't control this behaviour and its not acceptable either. So. This zest feature is a welcome design ( its the same way in Linea) and you will appreciate it as you said. Enjoy your zest ....its a lovely car indeed.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed