Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 12:12   #1321
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Mayank Pareek, President of Tata Motors' Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, is reported to be disappointed over the long delivery period of the Zest.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 13:03   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Got the body kit installed on my cousin's zest. The spoiler is painted gloss black. Also the bottom of the rear skirt done in Matt black.
The car surely is a looker! Nice work done. How much was the cost for this kit?
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:03   #1323

Hi all,

I am told that after crossing a certain speed the Zest starts beeping if the driver is not wearing the seat belt.

Is there a way of switching this feature off? Or perhaps changing the trigger point so that it comes on say above 50 kmph?

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2014, 14:28   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM_SOS View Post
Hi all,

I am told that after crossing a certain speed the Zest starts beeping if the driver is not wearing the seat belt.

Is there a way of switching this feature off? Or perhaps changing the trigger point so that it comes on say above 50 kmph?

Thanks!
There's an story about an old man who ignored all signs of advancing age and dies and then questions God why he was not given any inkling of his imminent death to which God points out the the tell tale signs of hair greying, teeth falling off etc.
Treat this beeping as God's way of telling you this. Buckle up, the road aint such a safe place.

Drive safe and stay safe.
Roomy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:39   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Why do you want to switch it off?

Can you imagine travelling at 40 kmph without seat belt and colliding head on with another car travelling at 40 kmph? It is like hitting a stationary object at 80 KMPH and can be fatal without seat belts. Using seat belts are even more important at your location where following traffic rules is an alien concept.
sourabhzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:44   #1326
BANNED

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Errr.. buddy you are in a forum which advocates safety and expects the members to follow all safety precautions. Why would you not want to wear a seat belt as soon as you get in? Irrespective of the distance you are to travel?
Since you mention about the driver, I assume you are only referring to the diver side seat belt and not the passenger side seat belt.
ILTDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:51   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
I am told that after crossing a certain speed the Zest starts beeping if the driver is not wearing the seat belt. Is there a way of switching this feature off? Or perhaps changing the trigger point so that it comes on say above 50 kmph?
I don't think you will be able to change the trigger speed, but in my Vista, there is a switch some where under/around the driver's seat to disable this alarm. Do buckle up!!!
Old 26th November 2014, 15:00   #1328
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mayank Pareek, President of Tata Motors' Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, is reported to be disappointed over the long delivery period of the Zest.
Murphy strikes again. The Zest is a really good product, a few levels above anything Tata has produced. They did almost everything right with the car, but can't manage part suppliers.

Hopefully they get this resolved soon, else the interest of the people will diminish.

Quote:
Zest starts beeping if the driver is not wearing the seat belt.

Is there a way of switching this feature off?
Easiest way to shut it- Wear your seatbelt.

Whether it's a crash at 40 kmph or 140 kmph, whether you're in the front seat or the backseat, just wear you seatbelt and drive. Nobody is spared in a crash.
D4D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 15:05   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Errr.. buddy you are in a forum which advocates safety and expects the members to follow all safety precautions. Why would you not want to wear a seat belt as soon as you get in? Irrespective of the distance you are to travel?
Since you mention about the driver, I assume you are only referring to the diver side seat belt and not the passenger side seat belt.
+1

Exactly. I have made it a habit to put my seatbelt on whenever I sit in the seat and start the car, even if it is to move it from one parking slot to another. That way I instinctively put the seatbelt on everytime and almost never forget, even though my car does not have warning beeps.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 17:02   #1330
BHPian

Poor Zest, i have 6 people waiting in my circle who would put their money on this product provided it comes with an AMT transmission along with the revetron engine, MM is manufacturing this unit along with Maruti in a joint venture and i guess that it's the Maruti's which get's the first preference here.

I guess all this potential customer's over a period of time will loose interest and move on to other alternatives.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:40   #1331
BHPian

Hi All , I am a vista quadrajet aura owner. I have a 2009 model 97000 kms on odometer. It had various problems right from the start. Some solved some remains. N numbers of parts were changed under warranty. Most prominent problem is rusting of body. Beside all this I loved the car. It is always fun to drive . Now it is time for change . My options were Swift and Dzire, Honda Amaze, Etios (Liva also), Ecosport .I didn't even looked to Zest when it was launched. I knew that If I consider Tata zest, heart will take over mind. One thing is sure Tata Owners rather listen to their heart.
But one fine day I Stumbled upon this thread and find really good reviews about Zest . Now I am tempted to buy it. Family and friends "Phir se Tata, Pet nahi bhara" . I want to take advice from this forum, can I take one more chance. Is there any improvement in quality of parts and sheet metal, if you ever come to know. I am considering Zest Quadrajet XTM.

Last edited by drvikasagrawal : 26th November 2014 at 17:50.
Old 26th November 2014, 18:20   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvikasagrawal View Post
Hi All , I am a vista quadrajet aura owner. I have a 2009 model 97000 kms on odometer. It had various problems right from the start.

I want to take advice from this forum, can I take one more chance. Is there any improvement in quality of parts and sheet metal, if you ever come to know. I am considering Zest Quadrajet XTM.
Your point is valid on early Vistas - 2008-09 variety. I learn from the forum that later Vistas - i.e. Drivetech 4 and the new versions which have the Lx/Vx nomenclature and the Manza front grille are much improved. So by that logic, the Zest should be even more improved. If you like the Zest and are not in a hurry maybe you can wait for some ownership reports and a year or so and then take the plunge.

what is the resale you are getting for your Vista ? Must be terrible to say the least
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 19:16   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
There's an story about an old man who ignored all signs of advancing age and dies and then questions God why he was not given any inkling of his imminent death to which God points out the the tell tale signs of hair greying, teeth falling off etc.
Treat this beeping as God's way of telling you this. Buckle up, the road aint such a safe place.

Drive safe and stay safe.
Very well put. This debate refuses to die in online forums and yours was a very refreshing take on it

I think Tata's current predicament is due to poor forecasting and production planning. They even had the Maruti Celerio launch earlier in the year to learn from consumer responses towards the AMT.
Their list of woes continues even though this time they've got a firecracker of a product. They seem to have a tendency to make a mountain out of every molehill. There is no limit to the damage that poor management can cause.

Last edited by gomzi : 26th November 2014 at 19:20.
Old 26th November 2014, 20:08   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Very well put. This debate refuses to die in online forums and yours was a very refreshing take on it

I think Tata's current predicament is due to poor forecasting and production planning. They even had the Maruti Celerio launch earlier in the year to learn from consumer responses towards the AMT.
Their list of woes continues even though this time they've got a firecracker of a product. They seem to have a tendency to make a mountain out of every molehill. There is no limit to the damage that poor management can cause.
AMT is not an issue. There is a 45 days max waiting period on the AMT. Its the HK touchscreen system which comes with the XT which is causing longer delays.
Old 26th November 2014, 20:08   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post

I think Tata's current predicament is due to poor forecasting and production planning.
Dude, your comment does not match with original point.

His example was related to seat belt wearing habits. Nothing related to Tata's management.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks