Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 13:08   #1396
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post

#pareshraheja.. Yes, I was talking about the 'heavy' clutch only. The leg aching part in the Palio is when I have to drive a whole day in Cochin's traffic for my extended family's shopping and dining endeavours. I don't know how a dead pedal is supposed to give leg aches. I thought it was obvious from my post that I meant the heavy clutch. Sorry that I was not clear.
The heavy clutch in city traffic, I totally agree is really irritating for the knee. I suppose Blr is the worst when it comes to peak city traffic.
Believe me, have heard many non Fiat owners talk about how the dead pedal was a pain and did not serve any purpose. And this was by driving the car for probably a few km's. That's why I was confused.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:08   #1397
BHPian

Indian Autos Blog says ZEST in 2015 to have touch screen Navigation too.

For more details follow the link below:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/t...-system-160675
Old 5th December 2014, 15:14   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Indian Autos Blog says ZEST in 2015 to have touch screen Navigation too.

For more details follow the link below:
Hmm, little confused. Is this a software update on the Harman System or a new revised hardware unit?

PS: Common guys, there is not a single ownership review of the ZEST. It's being nearly 4 months since the launch of the Revtron Variant. Anyone, pls share the same!

Last edited by pareshraheja : 5th December 2014 at 15:26. Reason: Added more info
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 15:59   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Hmm, little confused. Is this a software update on the Harman System or a new revised hardware unit?

PS: Common guys, there is not a single ownership review of the ZEST. It's being nearly 4 months since the launch of the Revtron Variant. Anyone, pls share the same!
Yes. Me too. Any knowledgeable TATA ASS should be able to answer this. A software upgrade would be a good idea to make the early birds happy.
Old 5th December 2014, 16:01   #1400
BHPian

I have been driving a petrol punto since the last 4 years and still a great fan of that car. I got my Zest QJD ZT on 7th Nov. It’s an absolute gem to drive and will buy the car again if given a choice. Below are the observations till now

General findings
1. From front or back, the car looks bigger than actually is. It has good road presence and a head turner for sure.
2. DRLs are really bright and often I am told that my car lights are on by traffic guards
3. The LED ring around projectors could be brighter. It’s hard to notice it even in average daylight. However it looks great in dusk, when you still don't have to turn on the headlights
4. LED tail lamps are awesome, comparable with bmw and mercs
5. Bonnet is really heavy due to the high level of insulation.
6. Boot on the other hand is feather-light. You can literally lift with 2 fingers.
7. Fender plastic could be better. Mind you, it’s not bad just maruti quality. Punto has much strong fenders.
8. Seating position is high and comfortable. There is adequate space for 3 adults in the back with ample legroom.
9. Ground clearance is good, although 165mm on paper but appears higher. So far no scraping on potholed Kolkata roads.
10. Some panel gaps are still there but is not deal breaker
11. The horn pad is hard to press and will give trouble for carpal tunnel folks. I also hate the sound of the horn; not sure if I can change it without voiding the warranty. My punto sounds much better.
12. Ignition area could be repositioned better. Although it’s lit, I still have to bend and look for the keyhole. The key could also be a bit thicker.

Driving
1. The steering is a gem, soft at low speeds and heavy as the speed goes up. Turning and parking so easy now. Punto steering feels really hard now.
2. Gear shifts are smooth, no vibration at all
3. Turbo lag not very evident
4. Break seems to be a little underpowered compared to my punto. But it does stop and ABS works fine.
5. There is no dead pedal but it is not an issue for me. However the seat adjustment rod under the seat is protruding more than expected. It hits the back of my leg quite often specially during long drives or while i am getting out of the driver's seat.
6. NVH levels are really good and even better than my petrol punto

ICE
1. Sound quality is good compared to my punto which had a factory fitted blaupunkt system.
2. Voice control feature is great. 90% of time it understands the commands. This makes the rides safe as you don't have to fiddle with the buttons while driving.
3. The touch screen display is bright and brightness automatically changes based on whether headlights are on or off.
4. It’s a shame that navigation and reverse camera is not included. Surely I would have paid 20k more for these
5. Bluetooth calls work great, no issues here.
6. Whenever you are changing stations or switching audio source, volume does not stop abruptly but fades away, feels very premium.
7. While engaging reverse while music is on, the parking sensor sounds take precedence, but the original music keeps on playing albeit at a lower volume. Nice touch once again.

Mileage
Based on MID I am getting around 15.5 on average city driving (avg. speed 30k) and 20 on highways (avg. speed 60k). Both times the AC is on with Econ mode and rpm kept below 1500. I will do a tankful method after the first service is done.

Accessories
1. Got the zest branded black seat covers. It goes well with the black interiors
2. Bought the OBD with TMPS from dealer. It’s absolutely worthless and I will not recommend anyone to buy it. I use it once a day to check on the tyre pressure.
3. Looking to get an armrest from jazzmyride.
Sabyasworld is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 16:32   #1401
BHPian

Finally My Zest has arrived! It is scheduled for delivery Tomorrow morning. I have done the pre-registration inspection and did not find any issues. Had only one hiccup till now in the entire process. Hope there are no unpleasant surprises tomorrow and the whole process goes smooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141205_14_43_08_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141205_14_43_19_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141205_14_43_31_pro.jpg  

Last edited by jasonbourne : 5th December 2014 at 16:39.
jasonbourne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 16:51   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Old 5th December 2014, 16:58   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Congrats man! I did see the ownership thread just before you replied
Old 5th December 2014, 17:07   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
it is saying "You do not have permission to access this page".. what does that mean?
Old 5th December 2014, 18:28   #1405
BHPian

It was working sometime back! Mods, any changes?
Old 5th December 2014, 18:38   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey congrats JB! Wonderful car as ever. Wish you and your family unlimited safe & happy miles with it. Was the Safari Dicor on left also for a new delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
it is saying "You do not have permission to access this page".. what does that mean?
Quote:
I think the thread may have been moved to assembly line now. It will come back once it is complete & meets the quality standards after a moderator audit .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 18:53   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey congrats JB! Wonderful car as ever. Wish you and your family unlimited safe & happy miles with it. Was the Safari Dicor on left also for a new delivery?
Thank you Reinhard! I tried pairing my phone and it did it in a Jiffy! I was simply blown away by the sound quality when I played a song from my mobile!

Yes indeed! It was a Safari Dicor! In the right side there was a Safari Storme as well getting for delivery (not in the pic). The car you see on the other side of mine is also a Zest. Sky Grey colour. There were almost 6 Zests getting ready for delivery. 2 Blue ones, 1 red one, 1 White and 2 Sky grey.
jasonbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 19:57   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Reinhard! I tried pairing my phone and it did it in a Jiffy! I was simply blown away by the sound quality when I played a song from my mobile!

Yes indeed! It was a Safari Dicor! In the right side there was a Safari Storme as well getting for delivery (not in the pic). The car you see on the other side of mine is also a Zest. Sky Grey colour. There were almost 6 Zests getting ready for delivery. 2 Blue ones, 1 red one, 1 White and 2 Sky grey.
Great!

Yeah I noticed that grey Zest too. Primarily because of it's wheel almost at right lock. The Zest most certainly has a totally new suspension setup (design). The wheels certainly look a bit weird when turned due to that. In-fact, the grey Zest reminded me of how my car looked after an accident where I ditched into a 6 ft pit, jumped out and landed back on earth . Looked almost identical!

Its a bit of a surprise that the old Dicor truck still sells. See new Dicors often here in Pune too. So the cult followers stick with the trusted beast instead of the newer and better Storme. Given that the Storme isn't selling in really higher numbers compared to the Dicor, one may say that TML's decision to continue with the Dicor is justified!
Old 5th December 2014, 21:03   #1409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats man! I did see the ownership thread just before you replied
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Quote:
The thread has been moved to the Assembly Line for the time being. It will be moved back to public view once the report is complete.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:06   #1410
BHPian

#reinhard.. Yes, its correct. The moderators have asked to modify the post and add pictures before re-posting. I am a newbie and that was my first post ever on any forum, not sure if I can make it worthy of a separate thread on team bhp. Hope the moderators help with it. Essentially, as #greenhorn had suggested so, I just copy/pasted my post in this thread onto the 'Test drive and Ownership Reports' page. I will do the necessary modifications and try submit it for the moderators' discretion tomorrow. Meanwhile, those who have read my post here may suggest if there's something more that I should add or edit. Also, if there's anything more one wants to know about the car. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks