Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 22:36   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Finally My Zest has arrived! It is scheduled for delivery Tomorrow morning. I have done the pre-registration inspection and did not find any issues. Had only one hiccup till now in the entire process. Hope there are no unpleasant surprises tomorrow and the whole process goes smooth.
Congrats. Is it XT or XM? I'm confused since I see DRL and the multi-spoke alloys which seems to contradictory based on variant info I've heard.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 23:15   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Congrats. Is it XT or XM? I'm confused since I see DRL and the multi-spoke alloys which seems to contradictory based on variant info I've heard.
It is XT version only.

After hearing feedback from the market Tata made some changes. Now the XT version comes with 18 spoke alloy wheel and also the handrest material is in black.

Last edited by jasonbourne : 5th December 2014 at 23:16.
jasonbourne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 23:47   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
It is XT version only.

After hearing feedback from the market Tata made some changes. Now the XT version comes with 18 spoke alloy wheel and also the handrest material is in black.
Hi JB,
How did u find out month of mfg? What is your Vin series and is the mud in engine bay fixed in your car.

Last edited by Atif : 5th December 2014 at 23:49.
Old 6th December 2014, 07:37   #1414
BHPian

The VIN number is ELN series. As per the VIN article, E refers to the year 2014. But there is no alphabet 'N' in the month. I think it is for the month of November not sure. If someone could throw some light on decoding the latest VIN series for Zest it will be helpful to identify the month of manufacture.

The Mud problem is not yet fixed. I got the answer that Tata is still figuring out a plan to recall the vehicles for fixing the issue. If it was reported they would fix it seems.
jasonbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 07:47   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
The VIN number is ELN series. As per the VIN article, E refers to the year 2014. But there is no alphabet 'N' in the month. I think it is for the month of November not sure. If someone could throw some light on decoding the latest VIN series for Zest it will be helpful to identify the month of manufacture.

The Mud problem is not yet fixed. I got the answer that Tata is still figuring out a plan to recall the vehicles for fixing the issue. If it was reported they would fix it seems.
JB - Congrats and wish you many happy miles. Even I did pdi yesterday and Vin series is ELN, hopefully it would be Nov mfg car. Have you completed all the banking formalities and is full payment completed.
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 08:03   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
JB - Congrats and wish you many happy miles. Even I did pdi yesterday and Vin series is ELN, hopefully it would be Nov mfg car. Have you completed all the banking formalities and is full payment completed.
Yes Atif. All formalities related to Vitamin M done . Since I went in for SBI Car loan, they will release the loan amount only after I pay the margin money. So all done by Wednesday! Only the Delivery part remains!
Old 6th December 2014, 08:20   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Atif. All formalities related to Vitamin M done . Since I went in for SBI Car loan, they will release the loan amount only after I pay the margin money. So all done by Wednesday! Only the Delivery part remains!
Great JB. Let me know what accessories you have taken. Have you taken seat covers from dealer or planning to go outside. Where have you taken insurance from ?
Old 6th December 2014, 08:25   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Great JB. Let me know what accessories you have taken. Have you taken seat covers from dealer or planning to go outside. Where have you taken insurance from ?
I took the seat covers from a guy on the way to JC Road on the Lalbagh Fort road before the Minerva Circle. The name of the shop is The Car Shop. His name is Sudhir. Got a good rate for a customized seat cover with additional cushions.

I took the insurance from the dealer itself after negotiating. Got a good deal.
Old 6th December 2014, 09:32   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is XT version only.

Does this mean all variants get the same alloy wheel for Zest or did they make the pattern optional in XT between 18-spoke and 8-spoke?
Old 6th December 2014, 10:23   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean all variants get the same alloy wheel for Zest or did they make the pattern optional in XT between 18-spoke and 8-spoke?
I am not sure about it! Let me check with them!
Old 6th December 2014, 10:32   #1421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Confirmed with the Tata guys: All variants of the Zest now get alloy wheels of just one design - 18-spoke.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 11:28   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Confirmed with the Tata guys: All variants of the Zest now get alloy wheels of just one design - 18-spoke.
Interesting development. Going by the Bolt media drive photos, top end Bolt has the same 8-spoke alloys we saw in XT earlier. Not sure if they'll give the 8-spoke alloys as standard across the Bolt range.
Old 6th December 2014, 22:37   #1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Hmm, little confused. Is this a software update on the Harman System or a new revised hardware unit?

PS: Common guys, there is not a single ownership review of the ZEST. It's being nearly 4 months since the launch of the Revtron Variant. Anyone, pls share the same!
I've bought a Revotron XT and yes, it'll be a lie if I told that I'm not impressed. It's my first car and it's a gem of a car. I've already started writing my ownership review and will post it as soon as my exams end. Till then, patience!!
Prajwal C Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:56   #1424
BHPian

There is a group called Tata Zest Owners Group on FB and very positive comments. I read someone has even stated he is getting around 18.6Km Fe on the Petrol which is awesome.

Well I hope to see someone who puts up an ownership report soon!
Old 8th December 2014, 14:01   #1425
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

During PDI I observed that Revotron was getting heated and bonnet was hot even though the engine was on for few minutes. I would like to know if this is normal with Turbo charged engine or is there any fault in the car that is allotted to me, so I can request for another car before full payment is done. Current Revotron owners can throw some light on thermal issue and anybody facing the same. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks