Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:44   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
My Zest doesnt rattle ( an xm), does provide good service, good comfort, and I am a professional automobtive - related guy.

I drive a dzire vdi, i feel i was shortchanged for an XM zest.

Dynamics were superb, am a sort of driver who doent test speed limits but look keenly at dynamics at normal driving speeds @ about 100 - 110 kmph. Zest was superlative.

Tata doent have quality. My Indica ran for abt 2.8 lkh k without an issue.

Period.

Zest WILL NOT run: solely because it is a Tata.

Fools do run: they r , afterall, fools.
Your post is very confusing. Are you satisfied with zest or not and do you feel its better than dezire or not.
nik hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:57   #1862
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Hello friends,

Test drove the Zest and Loved it. Power, pick up, space, interior quality are all great.
Enjoyed the power and pick up mainly due to my change from EON a 800cc car (my car). The Sports mode kick was something that was clearly evident.
Space again is huge.
Interior quality, i have always advocated people about Hyundai's interior quality and here is Tata coming into the same league.

I went for the Test drive after reading the posts here and after seeing a lot of Zest's on road.

The plan to upgrade from EON was lingering on my mind and Zest has nudged it further.
Old 23rd March 2015, 12:30   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Your post is very confusing. Are you satisfied with zest or not and do you feel its better than dezire or not.
I believe he is quite satisfied with his XM as per his comments on rattle and indica ownership. But it is a sad notion among car buyers that anything with the Tata logo won't match up with Korean/Japanese quality......he might be frustrated about that.
Just my two cents
Old 25th March 2015, 11:51   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Guy's,

We went for a Holi (7th-8th March 2015) Weekend trip of about 400 km with 6 people on board and full dickey gave 14.5 kmpl with Ac set to 23-21 100% of the trip.
Thank you for the great report. If I am not wrong, the max capacity of the Zest is 5. Are there 6 seatbelts in the Zest? Overloading a vehicle is unsafe, especially on a long trip. It is very important for all passengers to be wearing seatbelts.

Wishing you a lot of happy and safe driving in your Zest!
Old 25th March 2015, 12:02   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
If I am not wrong, the max capacity of the Zest is 5. Are there 6 seatbelts in the Zest? Overloading a vehicle is unsafe, especially on a long trip. It is very important for all passengers to be wearing seatbelts.

Wishing you a lot of happy and safe driving in your Zest!
Lobogris
Thanks for your wishes

It's official capacity is 5 but since 6 people really wanted to go and we didn't want to hire another car for the journey for just one person we had to accommodate an extra one.

I know handling of the car changes when overloaded , thus drove very cautiously . Though that can't be an excuse.. but yes had to take all 6 people in the same car.
And No zest doesn't have seat belts for 6.
Apart from the one who is sitting by drivers side.. I have never seen people buckling up in passenger seat how much you tell people to.
Prithwitheraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 15:46   #1866
BHPian

Hello All, In the Zest owners unofficial group on FB there is a guy who seems to be stuck with a lemon. His steering locks several times and he's got pictures of damaged and rusted sheet metal from the boot area. His vehicle rattles at speeds of 20-30 kmph. As per him,(I repeat, as per Him), he has highlighted this issue to TML but TML says that there is nothing wrong with the car. He concedes that he didn't do the PDI when he got the car.

I was wondering if we could ask for GTO's/other Admins contacts and detective skills in this case. But need would be to see if this is a genuine case or not. Most of the Fanboys in the FB group are berating him for not putting proof that the pictures are indeed of the Zest.

This guy is not a teambhpian, but I wanted to know if we could help him out and how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post

While going I located two big potholes very late... Was at the speed range of 70-80 when located the hole and braked , I slowed down to 40-50 range and went over those big potholes, the front suspensions made very uncomfortable noise..The thuddering noise seemed like some thing broke there.
I was Also Talking with Arindam da regarding this experience and he outlined that this may be due to ABS system ... as he also had a slimier experience which he outlined in his ownership review. Though he also agreed that.. to be sure the health checkup of the suspension should also be done.
Let me see if I can squeeze some time out this weekend and get our zilva checked out.
Where you able to check this out? I have the same sound in the same conditions which I too attributed to the ABS kicking in.
Old 25th March 2015, 15:49   #1867
BHPian

Nopes didn't get time... Will do the checkup on my first service which is due April 9 th
Old 27th March 2015, 17:15   #1868
BHPian

The temperature display in my Zest diesel XT always shows 4-5 degrees above the actual temperature. I have verified this over last 3 months (in winter and now in summer). Is anyone else having the same problem. Although its not a showstopper, its good to have the correct temperature display.
Old 27th March 2015, 18:15   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I see you failed to see the irony in my post.

I drive Zest as much as I drive Dzire.

Comparison is unavoidable, even if I do not like to compare.

Zest is better than Xcent and Dzire ( my opinion).

And I am planning to buy Dzire soon. For my firm.

You have a right to get confused. That is the irony of Tata brand here.

Zest was bought after test driving it for several kilometres. I was discouraged not to buy it. As it is for my personal use, I didnt care what others say as I was fully satisfied by the car. I feel vindicated after 11,000 kilometres.

With the proposed buy for the firm, things like brand image, resale, prestige etc are being considered. Except the merits of the car everything else is being takem into account. I didnt even consider Zest for the purpose.

That is the Irony.

I am seeing steering issues being reported buy some owners. Apart from a small clink clank when going over small gravelly bumps, there are no issues at all. Steering returns from a turn sweetly. And is superbly weighted.

Fuel Consumption is about 18-19 kmpl, with 100 % AC on.

The average fuel consumption display shows about 2 kmpl more consumption compared to tankful to tankful method. If I get 20, it shows around 18 kmpl.

Last edited by simplyself : 27th March 2015 at 18:28.
simplyself is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 21:04   #1870

Hi Guys,

Had given my Zest XT for its 1st service on 25th March to Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad. It was to be dropped back the same evening but the concerned person calls up and informs me that the rear right door was scratched during the servicing and the same shall be rectified before returning the vehicle.

It takes them two more days and the vehicle was finally delivered yesterday (4th day). To my horror I see a shoddy and patchy paint job on a part of the rear right door (below the door handle) which totally stands out from the original paint work in both shade and shine even in poor light.

I have complained to them and they say it will be done again but having seen the first attempt, I am not very optimistic. The only way it can exactly match the rest of the vehicle if the door is replaced with the original factory paint (sky grey).

Any ideas / suggestions as to how one should go about it to resolve the issue? Or should one take it up with Tata Motors?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-dscn3705.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-dscn3706.jpg  

Old 29th March 2015, 23:04   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Saab View Post
Hi Guys,
grey).

Any ideas / suggestions as to how one should go about it to resolve the issue? Or should one take it up with Tata Motors?

Thanks.
Simple method - Make them repaint the entire door in the actual way it is to be done instead of trying to cut costs and do a horrible job like this. When they are careless enough to scratch the door, on the other hand they should also show equal responsibility in repairing the damage caused. Hence, insist on the entire door be sanded down uniformly to remove some of the top layers of paint and then repaint the door carefully. Too much of overcoat is not good in the long run since it may lead to chipping and peeling of the paint. They haven't even got the paint match right so they better not screw up there either.
Old 30th March 2015, 00:46   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Saab View Post
Write to Tata and keep this dealer in loop if they try to wash their hands off. Also include a link of this post in your email.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 12:52   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
So, now what should be done was the expression on my face! Mr. Shenoy saw the look on my face and extended his gratitude by offering his Tata Estate with his driver for the whole of 21st Nov.
I was bowled over by this gesture and decided to always buy a Tata car from Prerana. Except for my Palio all FIAT/Tata cars in friends & family were bought from them.
Hi Paresh, even i feel bowled
I had a very positive Tata car ownership except for the resale value. I bought a brand new Indigo LS in 2007 from Concorde , Diary Circle (BLR) and used it for 66K KM before selling it off in 2010.
I never faced any issue with the car and the experience with concorde was very good.
I wanted a 7 seater, so settled for XUV 500 this time, else I would have opted for Zest AMT Diesel.
Zest has all good reasons to buy it. It offers a very good visibility. I took a TD of ZEST AMT with 5 adults sitting ( 3 passengers were around 90 Kg each). The ride was nice , kudos to the suspension set up and the NVH level was also noteworthy.
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 18:12   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post

Where you able to check this out? I have the same sound in the same conditions which I too attributed to the ABS kicking in.
I went for the first service and yes suspension was all in good shape. no issues with them
Old 1st April 2015, 21:37   #1875

Booked the TATA Zest XTA on 16th March (my birthday) by dad!

My first lines on TeamBHP
I've literally read the entire 125 pages along with this review, I hope to have an awesome experience with TATA.
rajdeeppaul1995 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed