Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 22:55   #1876
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdeeppaul1995 View Post
Booked the TATA Zest XTA on 16th March (my birthday) by dad!

My first lines on TeamBHP
I've literally read the entire 125 pages along with this review, I hope to have an awesome experience with TATA.
Welcome @rajdeeppaul1995 and congrats on your decision. I am loving my blue XT RT. Do share the delivery snaps as and when.

BTW, whats the OTR price and waiting period for XTA in Delhi?
Old 2nd April 2015, 08:53   #1877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdeeppaul1995 View Post
Booked the TATA Zest XTA on 16th March (my birthday) by dad!

My first lines on TeamBHP
I've literally read the entire 125 pages along with this review, I hope to have an awesome experience with TATA.
Hey Congrats Rajdeep! Good to see you here finally! When is the estimated delivery time?
Old 2nd April 2015, 16:50   #1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Welcome @rajdeeppaul1995 and congrats on your decision. I am loving my blue XT RT. Do share the delivery snaps as and when.

BTW, whats the OTR price and waiting period for XTA in Delhi?
Thanks!
I am eager to start an ownership review of the same!
The OTR including Gold AMC (17,500) and extended warranty (8000) is 9,52,000.

Archit
It's supposed to be delivered on 16th of april, that makes it a month of waiting!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd April 2015 at 17:03. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote feature
Old 6th April 2015, 10:11   #1879
Senior - BHPian

What a day, spotted 5 Tata Zest yesterday. 2 blue, 1 white, 1 beige, and 1 red. According to me best color for Zest is white, car looks excellent.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 18:54   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What a day, spotted 5 Tata Zest yesterday. 2 blue, 1 white, 1 beige, and 1 red. According to me best color for Zest is white, car looks excellent.
My highest not one, not two but three Zests in a day !!!

Yeah, white is the best colour for the car. I was surprised how good the red looks on it. Most of my sightings are silver though.
Old 6th April 2015, 21:29   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
My highest not one, not two but three Zests in a day !!!

Yeah, white is the best colour for the car. I was surprised how good the red looks on it. Most of my sightings are silver though.
Not sure if it is good thing but sightings of Zest are damn too rare!! I for one though have started spotting at least a couple of Zests whenever I venture out. Most certainly white is colour of choice and I am sure Tata will be glad of the extra 5000 rupees they are getting!
Old 7th April 2015, 09:30   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Not sure if it is good thing but sightings of Zest are damn too rare!! I for one though have started spotting at least a couple of Zests whenever I venture out. Most certainly white is colour of choice and I am sure Tata will be glad of the extra 5000 rupees they are getting!
Zest is rivaling the German Big 3 in terms of sightings, rather the rarity of sightings.
Old 7th April 2015, 10:35   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Zest is rivaling the German Big 3 in terms of sightings, rather the rarity of sightings.
I see plenty of Zests on the road here. Probably, because its Tata Motors' home ground.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:33   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I see plenty of Zests on the road here. Probably, because its Tata Motors' home ground.
Couple of months back, I went to Tata Pimpri Plant and trust me, I could only spot a handful of them!!
Old 7th April 2015, 16:56   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of months back, I went to Tata Pimpri Plant and trust me, I could only spot a handful of them!!
Dear ksameer1234, Zest is assembled in FIAT's ranjangaon facility. Not at Pimpri. Your post doesn't mention whether you visited car plant or CVBU. You will spot test vehicles plus the ones the employees own(quite a few now) in CVBU premises/truck plant. Ranjangaon has a lot of them
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 10:05   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Dear ksameer1234, Zest is assembled in FIAT's ranjangaon facility. Not at Pimpri. Your post doesn't mention whether you visited car plant or CVBU. You will spot test vehicles plus the ones the employees own(quite a few now) in CVBU premises/truck plant. Ranjangaon has a lot of them
My bad. I was visiting the CVBU plant so obviously wasn't expecting to spot the production vehicles. But even considering the fact the it is a CVBU plant, Zest does not seem to be all that popular. And I am here today again and haven't spotted a single Bolt yet!!

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 8th April 2015 at 10:22. Reason: Typo error
Old 10th April 2015, 14:59   #1887
Senior - BHPian

White is definitely good looking colour on the Zest but as I found out yesterday, silver is swashbuckling especially viewed in my IRVM in blazing mid afternoon sun. It stayed at my tail for about 20 minutes, and i found it very attractive. I never thought silver looks so good on it.
Old 12th April 2015, 21:53   #1888
BHPian

So it was a Sunday picnic time today with the family. Did about 300 kms and came back with following observations:

1. First service was done last week so decided to give the car a few beans today. I hadn't revved the engine past 2.5k till date and thought today would be right time to stretch the legs for overtaking those long trailers. Sadly though, there does not seem to be much power beyond 3-3.5k. In fact, what I observed is that most of the juice is limited to 2-3k rpm. However, I didn't push past 4k. If others have any experience of this, I'll be glad to have some advise.

2. Revotron is actually quite frugal. But only when kept under 2k. Keeping revs below 2k and cruising at 80 kph in fifth actually gives amazing efficiency. I got 16.5 kpl on MID on first leg of journey which was on single carriageway with decent amount of traffic. In fact I have seen 19 kpl on MID over nearly 50 kms of wafer thin traffic.

3. But rev past 2k and fuel efficiency takes an immediate dip. Though that is where the power band is.
Old 13th April 2015, 00:14   #1889
BHPian

Just took the delivery of TATA zest Revortron XMS last week.
I was super excited about the car till I had put the car in reverse for the first time.
I noticed it makes a grinding noise and the car jerks a bit. I always make it sure that the car is stationary for a moment before I put it in reverse. Now from past two days I'm noticing that the first gear has become notchy and requires additional effort especially while the car is idling say at Red lights.

Is the problem serious? I have been told that the gears may feel a bit notchy when the car is new but I have never experienced such thing in any of my earlier cars.

Please advise.

Regards
Old 13th April 2015, 01:44   #1890
BHPian

Friends - need a help.
I had to go through dumped full sized bricks yesterday night through a narrow lane as there was no sign board of "No entry/Repair work/Road closed". And there weren't enough space to turn the car as well.The bricks were piled at the left side and occupied 30% of the road. While forcing my way over the bricks, thankfully tires didn't slip and luckily didn't get thrown over to the right wall, Brute force and power of zilva helped to go over the 3 patches.
Now after I got out of the tricky place and got a chance to check if everything was fine - I noticed squeaking sound while reversing - Scenario to replicate is -
"Engage reverse release clutch and once car is in backwards motion remove foot from clutch, break accelerator."
In other words If I let the car roll on it's own in reverse it makes a loud squeaking sound. I have never noticed any sound from my car till date while going backwards /front.
Though I am not going to take her out before I can get her suspension checked can you guy's check once and tell me if you'r zest's makes any sound while in rolling on it's own in reverse gear? I need this to communicate properly with the service manager.
Also if you guy's have any other suggestions on what else apart from suspension I need to get checked at the service centre It would be very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks