Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 22:58   #2056
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I got Tata zest branded door visors installed today from the dealer, quite good build, fit & quality with a chrome strip running on top - cost Rs 2100.
Please post some pictures.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:31   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I got Tata zest branded door visors installed today from the dealer, quite good build, fit & quality with a chrome strip running on top - cost Rs 2100.
Pictures below - I thought there was a blue protective cover on top of chrome but it seems to be color?! Either way, I am ok with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-photo-jul-01-8-17-36-am.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-photo-jul-01-8-17-58-am.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-photo-jul-01-8-19-04-am.jpg  

gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 11:40   #2058
BHPian

Checked again, that is indeed a protective plastic cover on top of Chrome, but is very well fitted so it looks like color. Will keep it till it starts looking bad, but Chrome will look better.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:16   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnusv View Post
I installed the updated mud flaps (Mud entry prevention kit as per concord bill) on 8-5-2015 and after a couple of runs in heavy monsoon rains, I checked the engine bay only to find that there is still a lot of mud making its way into the engine bay and behind the head lamp units. The amount of mud has definitely reduced, but it is still far from adequately sealed.
Can you check if your MIB kit is installed like mine ? I got this done in the second attempt and now no sign of mud inside.
Tata Zest : Official Review-img20150415wa0010.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-img20150703wa0014.jpg
Prithwitheraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 18:59   #2060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Can you check if your MIB kit is installed like mine ? I got this done in the second attempt and now no sign of mud inside.
Thanks a lot Prithwi.

Looks like you got an extra form like covering to completely seal the area.
Excuse the picture quality, this is how the kit looks in my zest.

Tata Zest : Official Review-dsc_0559.jpg

Still a lot of mud found on the headlamp assembly. Note that I had this area cleaned thoroughly after installing the kit.
Tata Zest : Official Review-dsc_0016.jpg

There is some gap left even after installing the kit. I think I should close them with silicon paste or something.
Tata Zest : Official Review-dsc_0549.jpg
vishnusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 20:05   #2061
BHPian

Just go back to service center and tell them the issue is not resolved. You can show them my picture and tell them installation this way is much more effective and they need to seal all the gaps in the engine bay
Prithwitheraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 23:01   #2062
BHPian

How different is the real world fuel efficiency figures when comparing the dzire and zest petrols? My friend is in the market for a petrol compact sedan and has narrowed down his choices to the Zest RT and Dzire. Only grouse against the Zest RT is the FE figures, which according to some of the owners in this forum is abysmally low at 8-9 km/hr.
Old 13th July 2015, 10:49   #2063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Just go back to service center and tell them the issue is not resolved. You can show them my picture and tell them installation this way is much more effective and they need to seal all the gaps in the engine bay
Last Thursday, I took the car to concord motors again. They made some adjustments to the kit installed and it seems the issue is almost resolved now.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:15   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
How different is the real world fuel efficiency figures when comparing the dzire and zest petrols?

I don't know about the Dzire, but the Zest RT is quite fuel efficient if driven sensibly. I've found that staying below 1500rpm and shifting up early actually increases consumption, as does accelerating hard all the time. Stay between 1500 & 2500 rpm and she performs well without the need to mash the throttle, and consequently returns around 14kmpl in citu, measured tank-full to tank-full, and filled at the same pump each time.

Having said that, the engine is quite sensitive to driving style, and my wife was only able to manage a MID indicated 10.5 in similar conditions. It's a matter of choice, but if a kmpl or two really bothers one, then one should really get a diesel, or stick to Maruti or Honda because they're pretty consistent barring really heavy footed driving.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:33   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I don't know about the Dzire, but the Zest RT is quite fuel efficient if driven sensibly.
My friend was hearing a lot of bashing for lower mileage of his Revotron XMS ~9kmpl. Another friend who owns a Dzire (He didn't even take a TD before booking his Dzire) kept bashing the former guy to buy the Zest whereas he could have bought a Dzire for the same money. The XMS came equipped with:
1. ABS with EBD and CSC
2. Two Airbags
3. HK Music System with Remote and Bluetooth
4. Better 185 section tires
5. Alloys (Bought in 2014)
6. More space
7. A Turbo, i.e. more torque at much lower RPM
8. Free Warranty, AMC & Road Side Assistance for 3 years

These are huge benefits of a Zest RT XMS over a Dzire VXi that used to retail for the same money.
The Zest guy, just because of lower FE couldn't argue much as the Dzire guy just didn't care about all the 8 benefits I listed above.
Yesterday, Zest went to an Airport trip, returning 19.3kmpl as it was early morning weekend, meaning lesser traffic. I feel better, and he feels like a King, boasting these figures again and again. The Dzire guy was silent hearing about this.
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:22   #2066

Anyone who bought Zest from "concorde motors" sanath nagar hyderabad got calls about update/replacement/any other call in general ? I bought my car in Nov 14 and till now got only 1 call for my 1st servicing in Feb. After reading about pro activeness of Tejaswi motors, I curse my decision to go to Concorde for 1 week delivery compared to Tejaswi motor's 1&1/2 month. I only knew about the June's Hyderabad Zest rally after it happened

I understand we can go to any service center for problems/issues. Can we also do our servicing from other Tata service centers ( my 2nd service is due shortly, currently 12k kms done) ?
Old 13th July 2015, 16:36   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenSangi View Post
I understand we can go to any service center for problems/issues. Can we also do our servicing from other Tata service centers ( my 2nd service is due shortly, currently 12k kms done) ?
You are fully authorized to go to any Tata service centre as per your wish and convenience, no one can take any objection. Only care needs to be taken is to update the service records in the owners manual and keep all the invoices of various services handy. This will prove helpful in the eventuality if any part fails and has to be replaced under company or extended warranty. That time a particular service center cannot reject your warranty claim stating that you have not regularly serviced your car.
Old 13th July 2015, 16:59   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, absolutely. I have had seven services on my Manza from four different TASS in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai.
Old 13th July 2015, 18:19   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
returning 19.3kmpl as it was early morning weekend,
Not just the Zest, most cars seem to return better mileage figures when the weather is cooler.
I maintain records of monthly mileage figures on two cars and have noticed that on average, the mileage in the winter months is ~1.5 to 2 kmpl higher than summer (or even when we have cloudy/rainy conditions for a week or more in summer).
This difference is not due to AC usage in summer (as I do not not use the AC much)
This is just an observation though and I'm not sure what the cause for it could be.
Old 13th July 2015, 21:34   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone who bought Zest from "concorde motors" sanath nagar hyderabad got calls about update/replacement/any other call in general ? I bought my car in Nov 14 and till now got only 1 call for my 1st servicing in Feb. After reading about pro activeness of Tejaswi motors, I curse my decision to go to Concorde for 1 week delivery compared to Tejaswi motor's 1&1/2 month. I only knew about the June's Hyderabad Zest rally after it happened

I bought it from Concorde, LB Nagar.

I have been receiving either calls/ sms reminders about events, service reminders. Curiously, I was called up regarding car sale mela in Dec 14, 2 months after I bought Zest.

Concorde's workshop at Uppal is good. I recently had my Zest serviced there( 2nd ). Experience was good, car is superb. After the second service, the already smooth ride had become super smooth, returning 18 kmpl with heavy foot and about 19.5 to 21 kmpl with normal driving, with AC on all the time.

I do not stay at Hyderabad. I got an SMS about the rally but I didnt attend ( it is habitual for me).

Another service station is TVS' facility at Bairamalguda, LB Nagar. Ofcourse, Tejaswi's and Malik's are open for all Tata car owners.

As far as I know, mileage is not considerably different whether it is hot or cool. It may depend on the AC usage.

Last edited by simplyself : 13th July 2015 at 21:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks