Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:35   #2311
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Hi,

I am posting this query here since the Tata Bolt thread isn't really active (not too many Bolt owners here). My Tata Bolt has run >12k KMs and the second service is due in a month's time (going by my usual run). I have not changed the engine oil till date. As per the service manual, the first oil change is due at 15k KMs. Need inputs from the Zest RT owners as both the machines have same petrol engine.

1. Which engine oil do you use (along with the grade)? At a recent service check up, I had casually enquired the SA the same thing, and he had responded by saying 15W30 grade mineral oil. I am sure it should be 10W40 and not 15W30.

2. How frequently do you change oil? The manual says at an interval of 15k KM, but I feel its too long. Also, should I use synthetic oil as the service interval is at 15k KM?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aviat18 : 23rd November 2015 at 18:05. Reason: Correcting grammatical mistakes
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:02   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hi,

My earlier insurance was with Tata AIG. Iam getting a difference of about 3 to 3.5K with the new quotes. So lets say i end up paying 16,500/- to continue with TATA AIG, iam getting a quote for 13K with the same specs. Quotes are given for Bumper to Bumper insurance, with key replacement, travel insurance etc.

Yet to decide, getting many quotes. Hope my response helps you too.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Get the vehicle inspected by the surveyor of the company you propose to switch to. In case there are any exclusions ( small nicks on the winshield for instance) that make a material difference, you can renew with your existing insurer. If not you can switch. Please make sure that you go in for a reputed insurer who offers all facilities like cashless claim settlement etc.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:19   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Same happened with me after I tried opening car using remote key after it had been parked for about 2 weeks. Remote refused to work and I had to open manually using key. Post this, the remote worked fine for locking again.

I don't exactly remember alarm going off when I opened using key. But the alarm did go off. However, I can't recollect what caused that.
Remote does work if the xar is parked for a while. However, one can open it manually with the key.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 13:46   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
After so much of test drives, enquiries, bargains and advices booked my second car on Aug 1 2015. Zest XT QJD from MK Motors Kottayam. Avoided RF Motors Ernakulam from whom I purchased my Indigo eCS LX as they didn't offer any extra discount to retain me. Car will be delivered after Aug 16. Will post more updates shortly. Eagerly waiting to be behind the QJD 90.
Hi Team,
Update on my ZEST XT QJT.
Took delivery on 24 Aug 2015 from MK Motors Kottayam. Got the same regn no 1919 as my sibling Indigo eCS
Tata Zest : Official Review-athqbitxpwyncjszmpntfrjj01qz5ykko5e9bxab_mh.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-aspp810ygukhl4gnfptmhcmyms39pdhlmubivr2pcn7o.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-dsc01118.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-dsc01124.jpg
Current ODO : 6250 km
First service done at Concorde Motors Perumbavoor.
Reported Issues during first service :
1. side view mirror automatic adjustment rotary knob complaint
2. driver side Wiper blade worn out
3. Air filter suction pipe got loose and came off
4. windscreen washer tank cap broken
5. front disc brake squeaking noise
6. low mileage [only 14-15 kmpl]
7. noise from front RHS wheel suspension
8. Navimaps not connecting to harmon unit
----
Posting these points here to highlight the poor response I had from Concorde.
Issue 1,4 not fixed - reason : rotary knob spare, washer tank cap not available in stock- needs 15 days time for spare part to arrive.
Issue 2 not fixed - reason : wiper blade not covered under warranty. I argued stating this is a brand new vehicle that ran only 5k and it is a manufacturing defect. Also I have 3+3+3 confidence warranty. Told SA that I am going to escalate.
Issue 3 ,5 fixed.
Issue 6 not fixed - reason : their computer doesn't have ZEST software to diagnose the fault on low mileage, asked me to take the car to Concorde Nettoor / RF Motors Kalamassery
Issue 7 not fixed - reason : SA said the technician is on leave and asked me to bring the car later
Issue 8 not fixed - reason : no one is aware about the ICE. Asked me to take the car to Concorde Nettoor / RF Motors Kalamassery
ranjithrnath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 15:31   #2315
BHPian

quick question to initial zest owners:

What are the various updates/changes that were made to your cars? I can think of
1. Software upgrade to HK music system
2. Mud protection unit install for the mud spray issue in bonnet

What was there any other update? Too many pages to go through here & hence this query.

Also, are there any other issues you want to highlight with your quadrajet zest?

Thanks

PS: looking at buying a preowned 2014 zest top end diesel
Old 27th November 2015, 12:27   #2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
quick question to initial zest owners:

What are the various updates/changes that were made to your cars? I can think of
1. Software upgrade to HK music system
2. Mud protection unit install for the mud spray issue in bonnet

What was there any other update? Too many pages to go through here & hence this query.

Also, are there any other issues you want to highlight with your quadrajet zest?

Thanks

PS: looking at buying a preowned 2014 zest top end diesel
Those are the only updates given to my car which was delivered in Jan 2015.
vishnusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 21:19   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
3. Low mileage on city (10kmpl): He said the air filter was cleaned.
Well, I think on second service, Air filter is anyways replaced along with Engine oil and fuel filter.

Also, has that made any difference to the mileage?

Quote:
Hi Guys,

My Zest XT is now almost one year old. And the insurance is due for renewal. Previously had a policy with Tata AIG. I wanted to know if its advisable to go with the same policy or change it to another one. Getting a lot of quotations, and frankly confused. Tata AIG is also quoting a higher price for Bumper to Bumper insurance.

Any inputs on this ?

Regards,
Devyaani.
I recently renewed my policy and got a very good discount with Oriental from dealer. Zero Dep for ~₹9310

I had gone for the second service of my Zest when I learned there was a service camp in progress and they were offering good deals on Insurances. Went for the kill!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th November 2015 at 11:51. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 27th November 2015, 22:50   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Well, I think on second service, Air filter is anyways replaced along with Engine oil and fuel filter.

Also, has that made any difference to the mileage?
Haven't taken the vehicle out after that service. So will need to check.
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:15   #2319
BHPian

Has anybody utilised the door step service or the 90 minute service that TASS claims to offer (atleast on paper/website):
http://www.concordemotors.com/service-experience

I wasnt aware that such services were being offered by TASS, till I saw a flex banner for the 90 minute service while passing by a TASS workshop. To be honest, I've never seen the mobile service vehicle anywhere on the roads either, so I feel this initiative seems to have fizzled out, but would be glad to be proved wrong.
Old 6th December 2015, 11:28   #2320
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Finally got the insurance done at a good price. My Zest is now due for its second service. Plan to get it done early next week. Hope some of you are passed the second service bracket. I had a few queries, hoping some of you can shed some light.

Have any of you done the Teflon Coating ? Is it worth to be done?

What are the things i must make sure to check, since this is the second service and hopefully a more extended one, with change of oil etc.

Are there any specific updates available for Connectnext ?

Iam not happy with the Headlights to be frank, seem under powered, have some of you changed the bulbs for better visibility ?

I hope i have highlighted everything, else i will keep posting again and again.

Regards,
Devyaani
Old 6th December 2015, 11:51   #2321

Quote:
Hi Guys,

What are the things i must make sure to check, since this is the second service and hopefully a more extended one, with change of oil etc.

Are there any specific updates available for Connectnext ?

Iam not happy with the Headlights to be frank, seem under powered, have some of you changed the bulbs for better visibility ?

Regards,
Devyaani

Low beams were aimed too low in my Zest too. You can find the adjusting screw behind the headlamp unit.
High beam on my zest was aimed too high. This was due to bad bulb holders and the bulb was not properly seated on the holder. I had to bend the bulb securing clip to fix it. This could be a common issue for all zests. After these fixes, I am pretty happy with the headlamps.
vishnusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 19:08   #2322
BHPian

Can somebody please decode this VIN? Went through the decoder, but it does not have 'n' at all. The SA promised me that this is November 2015 car. Hope he is right
MAT623251FLNxxxxx
Thanks
Girish

Last edited by girishv : 6th December 2015 at 19:10.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:06   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Can somebody please decode this VIN? Went through the decoder, but it does not have 'n' at all. The SA promised me that this is November 2015 car. Hope he is right
MAT623251FLNxxxxx
Thanks
Girish
Hope this post helps - from the Nano AMT thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3863804
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:19   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
MAT623251FLNxxxxx
Thanks
Girish
It is indeed a November 2015 car. Check VIN number thread on TBHP. TATA is first on the list.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 13:14   #2325
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Devyaani
There is NOTHING like Teflon (R) coating. It is just a wax polish that will be applied and you will be charged for it. You will be better off getting your car detailed at a good detailer if you really want that 'power shine'

Keep posting as many times as you want - support is guaranteed!
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks